Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yankyaeger

Simple Suggestion.. (I hope)

10 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
57 posts
13,003 battles

Just a thought... Not getting any younger... Love playing this game.

My Suggestion would benefit all players... and give a sense of "feel good" to the WOWS staff (at least I hope it would). What am I suggesting? simply once a year, on each persons Birthday (Month and day) to receive a (singular)..random .. Supercontainer, as a "Thank you" for spending part of your special day with us.. Nuttin over the top.. just a random Gift, but one that would require each player to log ON to the game, on their special day to claim. So if they don't, WG is not out anything. If they do, then they get a special Gift (well, a Random SC)..all the better to enjoy their day!

Again, just a simple suggestion. My B-day isn't until July, however, my Brothers is in March, and it would be great if he could get a bump of "something" kewl for his game.

Well, just a thought.

Cheers!

-Yank

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
520 posts
7,737 battles

While it's not the same thing, if you play WoWs on steam, they have a thing going that if you follow them on the store page, they're giving small drops each month. This first month it was an Albany, and 7 days prem time. Scroll through, and find the news section called "Follow the news - get the goods."

[GWG]
Members
57 posts
13,003 battles
11 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

While it's not the same thing, if you play WoWs on steam, they have a thing going that if you follow them on the store page, they're giving small drops each month. This first month it was an Albany, and 7 days prem time. Scroll through, and find the news section called "Follow the news - get the goods."

did not know that.. thanks!

Members
3,648 posts
42,267 battles

Why do I feel this is a loaded question?

Okay, here goes.

WG does allow a player to give a gift, however if that player does not know you all that well, then it is refused.

The penalty for not paying for that gift can be real bad and is listed in the rules. So most players would like to accept, but it is a big risk as your account is locked as a result of a bad payment. And so is the recipient's.

Read the rules on gifts and you will see for yourself.

WG could do the SC as you suggested, but I am not sure if giving a gift to yourself would seem appropriate?

Maybe I am seeing this as wrong.

I try to remember other people's birthdays and if they play this game, it would be nice to give them a gift.

But again, the rules are there. And most if not all refuse the gift if you sent it.

The reasons would be various.

I have my own rules on gift giving. If a person mentions their birthday in the past and had accepted gifts from me then, but now they no longer communicate with me be it here or out there in the real world, then I can only presume they would not want a gift from me.

It's like if you are invited to a party and as per custom, you present a gift.

But no longer invited for any reason, well looks like I can neither show up at that party nor can I bring a gift.

OP as nice as this is. Gifting oneself is okay.

But giving to someone else is way better in my opinion.

I don't forget birthdays, but if denied opportunity to attend for whatever reason, then you must understand that such a thing has to happen.

Some players do like gifts, but others just want to be left alone.

Some players care, others just don't care what you do.

It's a great idea, don't get me wrong.

Were it up to me I would give certain players nice to me or at least been polite, a benham, or other premium ship.

Just to make their day. I would pay for it.

But generosity, is often met with distrust in this world. Some don't think nice people exist. Or are afraid to express their kindness back.

There are of course reasons for this and it would be wrong to ask for answers. Quite often it is something we may understand or something painful that they fear would show weakness.

In every case, it's not my business to ask, but only to wonder. We can often take things the wrong way, but in my case I don't get mad about it. I just try not to wrap my head around it.

OP as altruistic as you are are about this, I am afraid that you will not be widely accepted for suggesting it.

For the record, I don't forget birthdays, but if not welcome to the party or"other" reasons, well I would look pretty pathetic if the post office called me and I was told I got a return from the recipient.

Gifts are great. If I wanted anything for my birthday and it was last December 24th by the way, well let's just say I got a ton of coal on black Friday, and I don't mean in game. So by the time my birthday came around, it didn't look to good.

But I did want just one thing. And I will leave it like that.

Maybe next time, next year, or maybe never.

I just don't know. I am either dense or clueless in such things. Maybe daft. I would buy a clue, but I fear I can't afford it.

WG SC is nice, but some things nice don't come in containers. Maybe a big ginormous box, nah, not even that.

OP you have to get players to be sincere and maybe a few will appreciate it.

I know some players are nice.

I just don't know how many.

Good luck, sorry for my rambling.

Great post.

Keep it up 👍

<O

[PVE]
Members
4,785 posts
21,093 battles

A nice idea.........................how much would it cost? 

Because, nice went out the window in 2019 and isn't coming back anytime soon and if any idea isn't making them money, it's not even an idea.....

Edited by Asym_KS

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,080 posts
11,783 battles

sho

7 hours ago, yankyaeger said:

Again, just a simple suggestion. My B-day isn't until July

Shoot I just had my birthday it was Feb 7th I wish you had brought this up early .

0 posts
7 hours ago, yankyaeger said:

Just a thought... Not getting any younger... Love playing this game.

My Suggestion would benefit all players... and give a sense of "feel good" to the WOWS staff (at least I hope it would). What am I suggesting? simply once a year, on each persons Birthday (Month and day) to receive a (singular)..random .. Supercontainer, as a "Thank you" for spending part of your special day with us.. Nuttin over the top.. just a random Gift, but one that would require each player to log ON to the game, on their special day to claim. So if they don't, WG is not out anything. If they do, then they get a special Gift (well, a Random SC)..all the better to enjoy their day!

Again, just a simple suggestion. My B-day isn't until July, however, my Brothers is in March, and it would be great if he could get a bump of "something" kewl for his game.

Well, just a thought.

Cheers!

-Yank

But every day is my birthday!

Sign in to follow this