You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Do you renember time when Furutaka was tota garbage?

18 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
1,104 posts
13,653 battles

Do you renember time when Furutaka was total garbage? Single gun per turret? Only way to kill something is to point nose towards BB  and do torpedo trick. Furu is one of my trusted tier 5 now! How abot St louis which was greek flamethrover? How about Colorado which means defeat all the time? And that op cruise adwanced firecontrol which make 155 guns true op.  And that invisible fire when your detection range was less than gun range?

A lot of has changed - good or bad - everyone has opinnion. I only miss St Louis guns. Current once IS ....well ...less spectacular. 

Old times - do you remember .....what? 

And I stareted Eu server which was ..  IS... total troll circus.  

Edited by Finnkax

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,171 posts
4,766 battles

I'd suggest that you have become a much better player.  Personally, I've been defending Colorado since before I've had her.  I still have her.  She's still slow, but egad, something you don't want to trade punches with.  Still tears in memoriam Beast St. Louis, aka Igor.

No tears for Furry Taco.  I still hate it, though I do think it has improved...  (Getting off the A hull was yuuge.)

Members
4,247 posts
9,879 battles

She deserved better... and got it. Her torps can be a surprisingly powerful influence on cap captures. Her guns are fine now and she ranks right up there with the Molotov for me.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[SPTR]
Members
27,219 posts
17,189 battles

Memba the Alsace before WG nerfed it, I really need to buy Furu back one day.

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
20 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Do you renember time when Furutaka was total garbage? Single gun per turret? Only way to kill something is to point nose towards BB  and do torpedo trick. Furu is one of my trusted tier 5 now! How abot St louis which was greek flamethrover? How about Colorado which means defeat all the time? And that op cruise adwanced firecontrol which make 155 guns true op.  And that invisible fire when your detection range was less than gun range?

A lot of has changed - good or bad - everyone has opinnion. I only miss St Louis guns. Current once IS ....well ...less spectacular. 

Old times - do you remember .....what? 

And I stareted Eu server which was ..  IS... total troll circus.  

You can still relive that experience by playing Furutaka stock hull or B hull. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

stlouis is still pretty strong   but  lot more laser BB at t4 now.  furu will get nerfed with IFHE /armor change though no more lol pen through the nose of low tier cruisers

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,569 battles

Furry Taco was pretty bad initially.  Single gun turrets that were glacially slow to traverse meant you couldn't hunt destroyers very well...which is what tier 5 cruisers should do.  She was* the absolute turd of the IJN cruiser line, and a real disappointment following Kuma, which I thought was a fabulous overgrown DD.

*buffed into competitiveness since.

Edited by desmo_2

Members
4,247 posts
9,879 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

She was the absolute turd of the IJN cruiser line, and a real disappointment following Kuma, which I thought was a fabulous overgrown DD.

She was not a turd, just rather under-rated. Now she can shine a bit. She's a unique CA and I enjoy playing her. Still do.

Members
3,175 posts
591 battles

I remember when the KIEV was one of the most OP ships in the game.... ( then the Blys..came and then the power creep was introduced to WOWS)

ah the memories and BBtears.......

but I also remember the taco.... and I was hoping to forget it....so thanks for that...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,171 posts
4,766 battles
13 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

She was not a turd, just rather under-rated.

She was like driving a dog sled on a mud track without dogs.  "Maneuvering" was an alien concept. 

Dog turd.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,483 posts
14,823 battles
45 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I'd suggest that you have become a much better player.  Personally, I've been defending Colorado since before I've had her.  I still have her.  She's still slow, but egad, something you don't want to trade punches with.  Still tears in memoriam Beast St. Louis, aka Igor.

No tears for Furry Taco.  I still hate it, though I do think it has improved...  (Getting off the A hull was yuuge.)

It isn't just that, the turrets were so slow that they couldn't keep up with a turn no matter how minor. To use your guns you had to sail in a straight line.

1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

She was like driving a dog sled on a mud track without dogs.  "Maneuvering" was an alien concept. 

Dog turd.

Yeah the rudder shift was glacial.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,704 posts
36,242 battles

I do remember Furutaka back then. Not a fun ship.

And Pepsicola that could be seen from the moon.

I remember LOLorado too.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,313 battles
2 hours ago, Finnkax said:

How about Colorado which means defeat all the time?

Well, you're obviously not doing this right.

2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

She's still slow, but egad, something you don't want to trade punches with. 

And you obviously are doing it right.

2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

No tears for Furry Taco.

I won't say the Furry Taco was a bad ship, but she did make Aoba look really, really good. (and that ain't easy!)

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Do you remember when you had to train a captain to 15 just to use concealment expert, and there were no shortcuts because elite xp didn't exist?

[HEROS]
Members
2,056 posts
18,699 battles

I liked the furu back when but liked it even more when the gave it the C hull, which to me makes it a better ship then the Aoba in many ways..

Furu.  smaller, faster, turns better, better torpedo arcs.

Aoba has better secondaries and AA but not by much.  Slighty more HP.  Both ships fairly sneaky for cruisers.  Both excel at if not blatting DD's, scaring the dickens out of them if they can get clean shots. Because maybe only 6 guns, and may fire slow.. but 203 HE is bad for your ship!

Furu is these days one of the best CA in it's tier if not the best all told. and can even hold it's own against tier VII.. not it's favorite thing to do.

But yes back before Furu didn't have the third hull available she was rough to drive.  And you prayed to not get tiered as tier VII ships totally outclassed her.

Just nuff of a threat that the best she could often manage was to die well, short of brain death on the other team. 

Members
1,138 posts
7,192 battles

The furry taco was never garbage, people were just bad. CA with big guns that could over match same tier cruisers even bow on was hilarious.

"Keep this in mind while driving the furry taco, you have big guns, bigger than other cruisers of the same tier - so you show them how big your guns are" - Yuro

Edited by reaper_swpz

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

il_570xN.1943474383_s0zc.jpg

Furutaka was never that bad to my memory, but I didn't play her before 2016. Is nice ship otherwise. 

[V1LIN]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,375 posts
12,929 battles

Senjo, never forget.