You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Patton5150

Anyone buy back the Shchors?

51 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,952 posts
47,647 battles

I bought it back over the weekend in order to start banking xp on her for the upcoming RU cruiser line split.  I plan on only doing the daily on her until we get more concrete information on the change.  No need to do hard grinding when details aren't more solidly cemented.  I"m holding off buying back Kirov for same reason.  Also hoping for a ship sale for that too, LOL.

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

Buying it back? Not me. Then again I never sold it so I can’t really buy it back, can I? :p

I would buy Kirov back since WG has confirmed that we will get the premium version of Moskva and Kirov if we have them in port (nothing is determined yet regarding whether we get the replacement tech tree ships though). 

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,637 posts
10,694 battles

I still have my Schors.  I liked it so I never sold it.  I even have some XP on it because I have played it from time to time.  I will be buying back my Kirov.

Edited by Murcc

[PVE]
Members
1,126 posts
9,566 battles

I bought back the shchors, its a fun boat. The only reason I didn't keep it the first time is because there too many other T7 cruisers that are too fun. I didn't rebuy Kirov yet but I will soon.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,878 posts
25,114 battles

Buy back?  I always kept her.  She was good to me, even in my dumb newbie scrub days back in 2015.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,353 battles

I bought back everything and got them ready to roll if I feel like it. 353 ships in port not including clan battle rentals :P

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Buy back?  I always kept her.  She was good to me, even in my dumb newbie scrub days back in 2015.

It is a good ship.  A very tough ship to excel in, but a solid performer overall.  

The only real issues with Shchors are that she can get uptiered to the big guns at T9, and the fact that Budyonny tier-for-tier is arguably better.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,204 posts
15,249 battles

I kept her and Kirov. Both fun notes. 

i have some xp on her. Based on other t8 cruisers around 100-115k xp should be sufficient to grab the T8 heavy cruiser. That’s my goal. Also putting 230k on dimitri don. Granted I’m not sure if I will get one of the t10 cruisers for Moscva but I’m also building a capt for the 180 mm t10

[O_O]
Members
6,910 posts
16,590 battles

I still have Kirov, but since they are on sale I went ahead and re-bought Shchors.  I'm all set for the split, which is months from now. :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
28,878 posts
25,114 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It is a good ship.  A very tough ship to excel in, but a solid performer overall.  

The only real issues with Shchors are that she can get uptiered to the big guns at T9, and the fact that Budyonny tier-for-tier is arguably better.

IMO, of the tech tree Tier VII Cruisers, Schors is the one best suited to being bottom tier in a Tier IX game.

152mm x12 in a ship purpose built to fight at long range.  Good reload, RU Cruiser high velocity shells with low arcs.

That makes more sense in a Tier IX game than most of her same tier peers.

Myoko is a fantastic Tier VII Cruiser but with 15.58km max gun range, that is not a good place to be in during a Tier IX game.  15km is "Gimme" range for High Tier BBs.

Schors with her 16.7km range is fine, made even better with Spotter Plane and she still can ding targets out with the extended range.  Premium Lazo takes it to the next level with her crazy spotter plane gimmick.

I remember when I first got her, I made some dumb mistakes by trying to play aggressively forward.  After being slapped upside the head by my opponents, "You idiot, you need to fight at long range!" was where things got great with her.  But make no mistake.  Schors is one of those ships that it is expressly meant to excel at one thing only:  Long Range Combat.  If the player doesn't realize that, they're going to have a terrible, terrible time.  I got lucky and learned that lesson early on with her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts

Dasha commands my Shchors ... I could never sell HER ship. :Smile_veryhappy:  Plus I still enjoy playing it.

Still have Kirov as well;  I've kept all Tier 5's and above ... and a few special T4s.

More focused on cranking out the Moskva atm ...

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,288 posts
8,536 battles

Nope.....I never sold mine.  It was always one of my favorite Tier 7 cruisers. 

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Bought back Shchors and Kirov.  Only kept the Budyonny and Moskva initally. 

Have over-abundance of port slots and the coin to do it now.

Took Shchors into a few Operations last night....will again tonight before the removal of the OP.

Even saving coal for Kuznetsov CO.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,397 posts
9,655 battles

Never sold it, and have 50k XP on it.

Also pulled the trigger on Donskoi, always avoided it because I didn't like the idea of 8" reload on a 7" gun. But I figured, for a T10 premium, why not?

Turns out that, although I'm still getting to know her, and I only have the FCS upgrade, I'm liking it much much more than I thought I would. 

It might even be a keeper.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
15,121 battles
56 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

152mm x12 in a ship purpose built to fight at long range.  Good reload, RU Cruiser high velocity shells with low arcs.

Thanks Haze... i forgot that.

I picked her back up and fell into the brawler mentality.

Thanks for cuttin' my eye Mick.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

I bought it back over the weekend in order to start banking xp on her for the upcoming RU cruiser line split.  I plan on only doing the daily on her until we get more concrete information on the change.  No need to do hard grinding when details aren't more solidly cemented.  I"m holding off buying back Kirov for same reason.  Also hoping for a ship sale for that too, LOL.

I keep all my T6 & T7 ships for ops. I did pick up the Chapayev a couple a days ago.

[WOLF3]
Members
454 posts
11,348 battles

I kept all mine past tier 5. The shell velocity and number of rounds is highly effective close and long range. My question is how Long do I have to grind what I can before I run out of time and free XP the Moskva.

[PVE]
Members
10,755 posts
18,502 battles

If you don't sell you never have to buy back. Well, then there is the research bureau where you sell then re-research and then buy back.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,526 posts
14,836 battles
2 hours ago, yashma said:

Nope.....I never sold mine.  It was always one of my favorite Tier 7 cruisers. 

I enjoyed her. Selling ships really only works for people that only play the upper tiers.