Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anij

CVs, DDs & Lazy Tier 10 players

16 comments in this topic

Members
519 posts
19,341 battles

Lazy Tier 10 players!

As a nominal CV player who hates the rework not only because its broken but the overall execution and implementation was so sophomoric and immature that you think a bunch of Russians wasted on vodka created it. However that being said I do enjoy some variety in game play. I do feel though that CVs should do more DD spotting and less DD attacking

When you spot DDs and attack one of the following will happen:

• Your team watches and does nothing.
  • Your planes evaporate. Some Tier 9-10 DDs have such idiotic levels of AA you wonder who came up with the idea to give DDs IDLs (Instantaneous Death Lasers) or this...…..
  •  Yesterday I spotted a DD and warned the Kremlin BB G.O.A.T. (greatest of all time) player sitting behind an island that the DD was coming up. So what did he do? He didn’t move, missed with all his shots with his front turrets, ate a bunch of torpedoes, blew up and then got mad and reported me because it was my fault.

If you are playing Tier 10 or any tier for that matter and you are warned there is a DD coming up and your sitting stationary in a BB or any other ship and not moving well than you deserve to get sunk. If your too  lazy to hit the WASD keys than maybe you should go outside. So for the rest of the evening all I did was spot DDs and let the team rip them up. Some did, some didn’t.

Why Tier 10 has so many blowouts!

• I finally decided that sniping in my USS Montana was a waste of time. All everyone does is camp and you really have nothing to shoot at. So on some winter map I decided a change in tactics was needed. I charged full speed into the cap. I sunk the DD, hammered the cruiser and too my surprise chased a Yamato, Montana and a Baltimore to the edge of the map before I got sunk. We won game easily.

• In another fight I rammed a 100% Vladivostock and all he did was complain that I rammed him. Are you kidding me? Your sitting stationary in a OP Russian BB and you want a fair fight? Thanks for the win you lazy donkey! We won the game easy.

• In a 3rd case my whole team went to A cap and I mean all of them. They thumped the enemy team because after 12 minutes the enemy team never moved from C cap to B cap while there team mates I am guessing were screaming for them to move up.

In the first case what I don’t understand is why the 3 enemy ships ran? Sure I had some support maybe a BB, DD and a CA so at best maybe parity? As I thought about it I realized that most Tier 10 players actually don’t know how to play their ships other than bow camp and hide behind an island. Once they have to move they are clueless as what to do. It may explain why in Tier 10 the team that plays more aggressive and flanks the other team it usually results in a blowout.

So why do blow outs happen less often in lower tiers? Probably because have a much more run and gun game and so from Tier 5-8 (Tier 8 as in a proper tier 8 game) these players move there ships a lot more so when flanked they adapt faster. In other words they create their own situational awareness rather than depending on others.

For the rest of the evening I charged into the caps with the Montana though not always right away and walked away with 4 wins and 1 loss. Its more fun anyway.

• Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 6

[TMS]
Members
3,637 posts
35,367 battles
2 hours ago, Anij said:

Lazy Tier 10 players!

As a nominal CV player who hates the rework not only because its broken but the overall execution and implementation was so sophomoric and immature that you think a bunch of Russians wasted on vodka created it. However that being said I do enjoy some variety in game play. I do feel though that CVs should do more DD spotting and less DD attacking

• Your planes evaporate. Some Tier 9-10 DDs have such idiotic levels of AA you wonder who came up with the idea to give DDs IDLs (Instantaneous Death Lasers) or this...…..
  •  Yesterday I spotted a DD and warned the Kremlin BB G.O.A.T. (greatest of all time) player sitting behind an island that the DD was coming up. So what did he do? He didn’t move, missed with all his shots with his front turrets, ate a bunch of torpedoes, blew up and then got mad and reported me because it was my fault.

If you are playing Tier 10 or any tier for that matter and you are warned there is a DD coming up and your sitting stationary in a BB or any other ship and not moving well than you deserve to get sunk. If your too lazy to hit the WSAD keys than maybe you should go outside. So for the rest of the evening all I did was spot DDs and let the team rip them up. Some did, some didn’t.

• I finally decided that sniping in my USS Montana was a waste of time. All everyone does is camp and you really have nothing to shoot at. So on some winter map I decided a change in tactics was needed. I charged full speed into the cap. I sunk the DD, hammered the cruiser and too my surprise chased a Yamato, Montana and a Baltimore to the edge of the map before I got sunk. We won game easily.

• In another fight I rammed a 100% Vladivostock and all he did was complain that I rammed him. Are you kidding me? Your sitting stationary in a OP Russian BB and you want a fair fight? GFYS!! Thanks for the win you lazy donkey! We won the game easy.

• In a 3rd case my whole team went to A cap and I mean all of them. They thumped the enemy team because after 12 minutes the enemy team never moved from C cap to B cap while there team mates I am guessing were screaming for them to move up.

In the first case what I don’t understand is why the 3 enemy ships ran? Sure I had some support maybe a BB, DD and a CA so at best maybe parity? As I thought about it I realized that most Tier 10 players actually don’t know how to play their ships other than bow camp and hide behind an island. Once they have to move they are clueless as what to do. It may explain why in Tier 10 the team that plays more aggressive and flanks the other team it usually results in a blowout.

So why do blow outs happen less often in lower tiers? Probably because have a much more run and gun game and so from Tier 5-8 (Tier 8 as in a proper tier 8 game) these players move there ships a lot more so when flanked they adapt faster. In other words they create their own situational awareness rather than depending on others.

For the rest of the evening I charged into the caps with the Montana though not always right away and walked away with 4 wins and 1 loss. Its more fun anyway.

Because every class should of some ships than can defend themself from CV planes.

• Boring 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,010 battles

I call Tier IX+ static battles for a reason. I prefer the dynamic battles of Tier VI+. If Tier IX+ is the tier you enjoy playing then you gotta learn it.

Edited by Vangm94

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,310 posts
6,356 battles
2 hours ago, Anij said:

Lazy Tier 10 players!

• Your planes evaporate. Some Tier 9-10 DDs have such idiotic levels of AA you wonder who came up with the idea to give DDs IDLs (Instantaneous Death Lasers) or this...…..

If you are playing Tier 10 or any tier for that matter and you are warned there is a DD coming up and your sitting stationary in a BB or any other ship and not moving well than you deserve to get sunk. If your too lazy to hit the WSAD keys than maybe you should go outside. So for the rest of the evening all I did was spot DDs and let the team rip them up. Some did, some didn’t.

• In another fight I rammed a 100% Vladivostock and all he did was complain that I rammed him. Are you kidding me? Your sitting stationary in a OP Russian BB and you want a fair fight? GFYS!! Thanks for the win you lazy donkey! We won the game easy.

What are you trying to tell us? 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,774 posts
28,010 battles
2 hours ago, Anij said:

Lazy Tier 10 players!

If you are playing Tier 10 or any tier for that matter and you are warned there is a DD coming up and your sitting on your fat [edited]in a BB or any other ship and not moving well than you deserve to get sunk. If your too fat and lazy to hit the WSAD keys than maybe you should go outside. So for the rest of the evening all I did was spot DDs and let the team rip them up. Some did, some didn’t.

• In another fight I rammed a 100% Vladivostock and all he did was complain that I rammed him. Are you kidding me? Your sitting on your fat butt in a OP Russian BB and you want a fair fight? GFYS!! Thanks for the win you lazy donkey! We won the game easy.

1. You complain about tier 10 DDs' AA being too strong, but there are others who complain that it's too weak.   WG can't win on this.  Also, there are some tier 10 DDs with weak AA (looking at you, Somers).

1a. You point out that maybe CVs should spot DDs more and attack them less.  At times, this can be true.  OTOH, when DDs have strong AA, trying to keep them spotted will cost you planes because their AA usually outranges their "by air" concealment range.  Frankly, this is a reason why CV players drop fighters over enemy DDs.  Regardless, if you want to try to make your spotting of an enemy DD worth while, you might be better off asking a nearby friendly DD or CR if they'll support you when you get the enemy DD spotted.  And if they're willing to join the hunt with you, go spot.  Otherwise, you're sort of on your own and might as well attack the DD instead.

2. You point out how your Montana caused 3 enemy ships to run and you don't understand why they ran.  Jeez, engage your brain.  It's obvious.  Not everyone enjoys brawling.  And some prefer engaging enemy BBs at arm's length, hoping to have enough range to dodge some incoming shells, etc.  What I don't understand is why people who like brawling seem to think that since they love brawling, everyone should like to brawl and/or be forced by the game's rules to brawl with them.  

3. Don't blame the Vladdy player for bow tanking.  The game is set up to ENCOURAGE bow tanking, and you have the gall to insult players who are only playing the game the way that game designers have intended it to be played by the game's mechanics?    If you don't like players bow tanking, don't blame the players, blame WG for the mechanics that encourage bow tanking.

4.  Your third case, i.e. the entire team going to A, while the enemy takes B and C.  Been there, done that, got the T shirt.  I don't think that there's anything you can do to fix this.  Oh, you can decide to go the other way, but then you may bind yourself out there solo and dying quickly.  Or maybe if you have a nice, mixed division (i.e. 1 BB, 1 CR, 1 DD) of 3, maybe your div can go the other way and have a chance of doing something useful.  Sometimes, asking your team isn't enough.  Sometimes, you have to lead by example, lead by doing.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,010 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1. You complain about tier 10 DDs' AA being too strong, but there are others who complain that it's too weak.   WG can't win on this.  Also, there are some tier 10 DDs with weak AA (looking at you, Somers).

1a. You point out that maybe CVs should spot DDs more and attack them less.  At times, this can be true.  OTOH, when DDs have strong AA, trying to keep them spotted will cost you planes because their AA usually outranges their "by air" concealment range.  Frankly, this is a reason why CV players drop fighters over enemy DDs.  Regardless, if you want to try to make your spotting of an enemy DD worth while, you might be better off asking a nearby friendly DD or CR if they'll support you when you get the enemy DD spotted.  And if they're willing to join the hunt with you, go spot.  Otherwise, you're sort of on your own and might as well attack the DD instead.

2. You point out how your Montana caused 3 enemy ships to run and you don't understand why they ran.  Jeez, engage your brain.  It's obvious.  Not everyone enjoys brawling.  And some prefer engaging enemy BBs at arm's length, hoping to have enough range to dodge some incoming shells, etc.  What I don't understand is why people who like brawling seem to think that since they love brawling, everyone should like to brawl and/or be forced by the game's rules to brawl with them.  

3. Don't blame the Vladdy player for bow tanking.  The game is set up to ENCOURAGE bow tanking, and you have the gall to insult players who are only playing the game the way that game designers have intended it to be played by the game's mechanics?    If you don't like players bow tanking, don't blame the players, blame WG for the mechanics that encourage bow tanking.

4.  Your third case, i.e. the entire team going to A, while the enemy takes B and C.  Been there, done that, got the T shirt.  I don't think that there's anything you can do to fix this.  Oh, you can decide to go the other way, but then you may bind yourself out there solo and dying quickly.  Or maybe if you have a nice, mixed division (i.e. 1 BB, 1 CR, 1 DD) of 3, maybe your div can go the other way and have a chance of doing something useful.  Sometimes, asking your team isn't enough.  Sometimes, you have to lead by example, lead by doing.

This is just how Tier IX+ battles are. Nothing can be done to change that, that is why I don't play my Tier IX+ ships often. You either learn to play Tier IX+ or you just don't play it often like I do. I see nearly the same type of battle each time I play so I just don't play Tier IX+, I would rather uptier and be "outgunned" in Tier IX+ than play Tier IX+.

Do I seal club at Tier VI? Who knows. I just found the tiers I like playing at.

Edited by Vangm94

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,261 battles
4 hours ago, Anij said:

you think a bunch of Russians wasted on vodka created it.

And you DON'T?!?!?!

4 hours ago, Anij said:

He didn’t move, missed with all his shots with his front turrets, ate a bunch of torpedoes, blew up and then got mad and reported me because it was my fault.

You're playing a CV; it's ALWAYS your fault!

• Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,339 posts
13,466 battles

Which T9+ DDs have AA that can evaporate T10 planes? I am genuinely curious.

[SALVO]
Members
2,639 posts
6,761 battles
6 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Its like that video from last week.  Some people just LOVE to take carriers when against uptiered DDs. Feed em with a bunch of plane kills through ineptitude or to prove their point. Then cry that DD AA is too strong. 

Edited by eviltane

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,010 battles
5 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Its like that video from last week.  Some people just LOVE to take carriers when against uptiered DDs. Feed em with a bunch of plane kills through ineptitude or to prove their point. Then cry that DD AA is too strong. 

It's easy to get focused on one ship despite losses. When that happens, look for something else to attack.

[SALVO]
Members
2,639 posts
6,761 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

It's easy to get focused on one ship despite losses. When that happens, look for something else to attack.

I totally agree , some guys don't seem to get the memo though. 

[DURPX]
Members
89 posts
5,491 battles
2 hours ago, chewonit said:

The Freisland.  Completely melts all planes.  AA hit chance is 100% across all ranges. 

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles
6 minutes ago, Raytesh said:

The Freisland.  Completely melts all planes.  AA hit chance is 100% across all ranges. 

Friesland is the only T9-10 DD that can, in a literal sense, DEFEND itself against an AA attack.  By that I mean that it can mitigate significant incoming damage by shooting down the planes before they can attack.  There are a few other DDs that can't mitigate the incoming damage but can at least make it a costly attack for the CV and probably discourage that 3rd or 4th pass.  And then there's Somers.

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
783 posts
6,398 battles

If T10 DDs are providing issues for you in your CVs, the problem isn't the AA. No DD at that tier has enough AA to cause major issues for CVs. 
So in other words: Stop feeding. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,283 posts
11,835 battles
16 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

This is just how Tier IX+ battles are. Nothing can be done to change that, that is why I don't play my Tier IX+ ships often. You either learn to play Tier IX+ or you just don't play it often like I do. I see nearly the same type of battle each time I play so I just don't play Tier IX+, I would rather uptier and be "outgunned" in Tier IX+ than play Tier IX+.

Do I seal club at Tier VI? Who knows. I just found the tiers I like playing at.

^ I agree. T8 feels like the last sweet spot before the stationary play really starts. T6-8 feels most fun overall although they do suffer uptiering with some regularity. At this point I rarely do T10 in anything other than a CV. If everyone is going to sit stationary and snipe I've going to bring a class that actually can take advantage of it. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this