You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_CPR

PVE hole in patch 0.9.1

55 comments in this topic

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
13,145 battles

Hello Captains,

Since it has been announced that Wargaming will be removing Narai upon the release of 0.9.1, this leaves players that play PVE and gaping hole in content that we actually want to play.  Currently, Narai is the only Operation worth playing.  Can we be given back Operation Cherry Blossom and Dynamo back while Narai is being fixed. @Femennenly is there any way we can make this happen?

thank you for your time!

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
4,787 posts
21,093 battles
5 minutes ago, MakeAWish_Kid said:

Hello Captains,

Since it has been announced that Wargaming will be removing Narai upon the release of 0.9.1, this leaves players that play PVE and gaping hole in content that we actually want to play.  Currently, Narai is the only Operation worth playing.  Can we be given back Operation Cherry Blossom and Dynamo back while Narai is being fixed. @Femennenly is there any way we can make this happen?

thank you for your time!

Look at @Ensign_Cthulhu post on the weekend spree....  We were talking to Fem about this.

She indicated a one or two patch wait on Narai.  CB is doubt we'll ever see again.  The other as well....  Take a look at that Weekend Spree post.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,265 posts
17,539 battles
5 minutes ago, MakeAWish_Kid said:

Hello Captains,

thank you for your time!

Unfortunately negative.

These operations are currently disabled since they are not compatible with the current state of the game - mainly how CVs now operate. These modes were impacted by the changes in 0.8.0 and as yet, have not been amended for the new gameplay. We're hoping the downtime for Narai will be minimal. If we had these operations ready to go, we would've had them reenabled already. 

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
13,145 battles
Just now, Femennenly said:

Unfortunately negative.

These operations are currently disabled since they are not compatible with the current state of the game - mainly how CVs now operate. These modes were impacted by the changes in 0.8.0 and as yet, have not been amended for the new gameplay. We're hoping the downtime for Narai will be minimal. If we had these operations ready to go, we would've had them reenabled already. 

Fem, 

Thank you for the quick response. Have a good rest of your Monday!

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
1 minute ago, Femennenly said:

Unfortunately negative.

Fem, 

Have you guys (well the devs at Lesta) considered just removing the CV related elements from those ops that could be massaged to function without them?  Hermes, for example, seems like it could be massaged to work without the GZ you encounter near the end of the op.  Ultimate Frontier might be salvageable without the enemy CV, though it would change the meta of the op from one where most of the team huddles up near the base for AA defense, to one with a more aggressive and active defense.

Anyways, just a thought.

• Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
5,197 posts
6,659 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Have you guys (well the devs at Lesta) considered just removing the CV related elements from those ops that could be massaged to function without them?  Hermes, for example, seems like it could be massaged to work without the GZ you encounter near the end of the op.  Ultimate Frontier might be salvageable without the enemy CV, though it would change the meta of the op from one where most of the team huddles up near the base for AA defense, to one with a more aggressive and active defense.

Anyways, just a thought.

Call me paranoid but I always thought the reason why we don't get these OPs back is that they are too profitable, whereas having just one tier VII OP rotating is more manageable.

• Cool 3

[FEM]
2,265 posts
17,539 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Anyways, just a thought.

This would still require redesigning of the whole operation so it really doesn't fix the issue of resources to get it done.

Fem, 

[WOLF7]
Members
175 posts
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Call me paranoid but I always thought the reason why we don't get these OPs back is that they are too profitable, whereas having just one tier VII OP rotating is more manageable.

You may very well be paranoid,  BUT you are very likely correct.!!!  

"... hoping the downtime ….. will be minimal"   s....u....r....e...………. thing.

[RLGN]
Members
15,146 posts
26,771 battles
1 minute ago, Femennenly said:

This would still require redesigning of the whole operation so it really doesn't fix the issue of resources to get it done.

Fem, 

Almost like the rework was poorly thought out and completely unnecessary.

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Fem, 

Understandable, though I was looking for potentially minimalist solutions here.  Sadly, there are those who enjoy playing operations who are feeling somewhat left out by the lack of attention on operations, whether it's creating new ones or merely getting the old ones back into the mix in some form or other.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Almost like the rework was poorly thought out and completely unnecessary.

While I won't rag on the CV rework, one does have to wonder if the impact of the CV rework on operations and the need to update them to deal with the rework's effects was considered ahead of time.  From my view at this "distance", it does seem like the impact on operations was overlooked.

One thing that would be nice, though I'm not sure how well received it would be, would be for WG to skip the Halloween event for this year and instead, devote their Halloween operations resources into updating the sidelined operations during that time.

• Cool 4

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,949 posts
25 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Unfortunately negative.

Fem, 

Thank you Fem.

Agreed, here's hoping the downtime on Narai will be minimal.

And that the fixes to Narai's green bot pathing problems can be applied more broadly to other Ops, etc.

2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

While I won't rag on the CV rework, one does have to wonder if the impact of the CV rework on operations and the need to update them to deal with the rework's effects was considered ahead of time.  From my view at this "distance", it does seem like the impact on operations was overlooked.

One thing that would be nice, though I'm not sure how well received it would be, would be for WG to skip the Halloween event for this year and instead, devote their Halloween operations resources into updating the sidelined operations during that time.

As someone who gets far more out of having working Ops in the game than out of any of the Halloweird stuff, I agree wholeheartedly. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Thank you Fem.

Agreed, here's hoping the downtime on Narai will be minimal.

And that the fixes to Narai's green bot pathing problems can be applied more broadly to other Ops, etc.

As someone who gets far more out of having working Ops in the game than out of any of the Halloweird stuff, I agree wholeheartedly. 

1.  Personally, I'd rather that WG did NOT remove Narai from the Ops rotation while they were working on the fix.  Better to have a less than perfect Narai than no Narai at all.

2. I also agree on the Halloween stuff.  Personally, I'm getting very bored of this Halloween setting, and would rather that they find a new one.  But for this year, I really wish that they'd just set it all aside (except maybe for the planning) and work on fixing the inactive ops.

• Cool 2

[D4RK]
Members
96 posts
14,316 battles

While you have Narai in the repair shop..........

Can I just fantasy request that Narai also has added to it, ability to choose ship tier? Let us play Narai with tier VIII, IX and/or X ships!

I really want to play Narai with the Des Moines, or Thunderer...  you get the idea. How hard could that be? And why wouldn't this be considered?

• Boring 1

[-K_P-]
Members
432 posts
3,588 battles
51 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Unfortunately negative.

Fem, 

Femennenly,

Please see if you can convince WG to return Dunkirk and Cherry Blossom without CVs.  As a CV player, I can plainly say neither of these operations can function with CVs, so there is no reason to adjust them to do it.  Operations don't all need to work with all classes of ships.  IN addition neither of these missions would work for the upcoming Submarines.  Maybe eventually WG can come up with CV/Sub-centric operations (Fly air cover while Subs infultrate base to attack target and pickup covert ops personnel, etc... & other ships cant enter bay because of blocked entrance that has holes in the sub net, etc...)?

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
27 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1.  Personally, I'd rather that WG did NOT remove Narai from the Ops rotation while they were working on the fix.  Better to have a less than perfect Narai than no Narai at all.

That seems like the obvious path to take given the popularity of this op.  I'd like to believe it will make a speedy return but given WG being very upfront about ops not being a "priority" I don't have high hopes.

[FEM]
2,265 posts
17,539 battles
6 minutes ago, Crij said:

Femennenly,

Please see if you can convince WG to return Dunkirk and Cherry Blossom without CVs.  As a CV player, I can plainly say neither of these operations can function with CVs, so there is no reason to adjust them to do it.  Operations don't all need to work with all classes of ships.  IN addition neither of these missions would work for the upcoming Submarines.  Maybe eventually WG can come up with CV/Sub-centric operations (Fly air cover while Subs infultrate base to attack target and pickup covert ops personnel, etc... & other ships cant enter bay because of blocked entrance that has holes in the sub net, etc...)?

As I mentioned, its not as simple as just pulling CVs from them. To pull CVs from them they would still need to be redesigned, in the same way they need redesigning currently.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,728 posts
24,995 battles

I think it's more telling on the current state of PVE in World of Warships when almost everything rides on a single operation being the sole source of worthwhile content.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

My question is "will WG spend the time & money to get Narai repaired quickly?"

We been waiting over a year for all the scenarios to return.

We been waiting over a year for tier 5-7-9 CV's to return.

This is a very bad reflection on WG & the decision to go live with the CV rework. It also gives good reason to doubt the smooth introduction of subs into the game. I'd rather be optimistic but past history gives me reason to doubt.

I'm not a World of Warships is doomed person. I enjoy this game but it is missing some of the things I enjoy and I would like to have them back.

[FEM]
2,265 posts
17,539 battles
9 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

My question is "will WG spend the time & money to get Narai repaired quickly?"

We been waiting over a year for all the scenarios to return.

We been waiting over a year for tier 5-7-9 CV's to return.

This is a very bad reflection on WG & the decision to go live with the CV rework. It also gives good reason to doubt the smooth introduction of subs into the game. I'd rather be optimistic but past history gives me reason to doubt.

I'm not a World of Warships is doomed person. I enjoy this game but it is missing some of the things I enjoy and I would like to have them back.

Please recall that CV rework saw the removal of AI Bots, which was restored in update 0.8.6, at the same time Raptor Rescue was restored. After that the PvE teams were working on assets for Halloween 2019. The team has some space now so they are going in and fixing Narai due to the recently discovered issues.

Fem, 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,348 posts
22,147 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Unfortunately negative.

Fem, 

Maybe instead of a Russian cruiser split, they should have been spending man hours on operations and new maps.....

Battle of Hawaii....

Try to leave harbor before bots AC can sink you....

Or the reverse to Appease carrier players.....

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
1 hour ago, Crij said:

Femennenly,

There are no CVs in Dunkirk.  And the only CVs in Cherry Blossom are on the player side.  :Smile_trollface:

Arguably, in Cherry Blossom, they could just replace the 2 CVs with BBs or perhaps freighters to perform the support and repair function.  And remove the planes from the enemy airfields.

As for Dunkirk, I suppose that they could replace the airplanes with more German PT boats.  But that might make the OP a little boring.  Having both an air and sea threat made Dunkirk interesting.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
2,265 posts
17,539 battles
12 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Maybe instead of a Russian cruiser split, they should have been spending man hours on operations and new maps.....

Battle of Hawaii....

Try to leave harbor before bots AC can sink you....

Or the reverse to Appease carrier players.....

Different teams work on different areas of games. Modelling department doesn't make maps or work on PvE.

Fem

[FEM]
2,265 posts
17,539 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Understandable, though I was looking for potentially minimalist solutions here.  Sadly, there are those who enjoy playing operations who are feeling somewhat left out by the lack of attention on operations, whether it's creating new ones or merely getting the old ones back into the mix in some form or other.

Minus the fact we are fixing something that is broken currently and being complained about by Co-op players?

My boy dammed if you do, dammed if you don't ;)

I do understand, ultimately if we had infinite resources we would develop everything all the time. Unfortunately we don't. 

Fem, 

• Funny 2