You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Eckarbeiter

Captain Voice Problem

12 comments in this topic

[TARK]
Members
640 posts

I got the new ARP ships and their commanders.  Is there any way to make it so I don't have to learn Japanese to use the commanders?

1. Standard --> They scream at me in Japanese little girl voice

2. National --> They scream at me in angry Japanese man voice (since the ships are IJN)

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
56 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

I got the new ARP ships and their commanders.  Is there any way to make it so I don't have to learn Japanese to use the commanders?

2. National --> They scream at me in angry Japanese man voice (since the ships are IJN)

Did you try English?

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,631 posts
10,670 battles

My english setting doesn't seem to override the squeeky voiced captains.  I just run Jingles to override that nonsense when running those captains.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,949 posts
47,520 battles

I just wish that the voice overs had subtitles.  And that goes for the National voice overs, not just the anime ones.  I like the voice overs.  I just wish I knew what they were saying.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,143 posts
4,173 battles

Turning off ARP in the carousel seems to have worked for me, don't even see the anime pictures anymore.

Now if I could just get the German Dasha captain to speak English I'd be content with the voiceovers. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,195 posts
51 minutes ago, dechion said:

Turning off ARP in the carousel seems to have worked for me, don't even see the anime pictures anymore.

Now if I could just get the German Dasha captain to speak English I'd be content with the voiceovers. 

That probably won't happen any time soon ... as you probably know, she speaks Russian regardless of ship nationality ... it was on of the "caveats" in getting her.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
52 minutes ago, dechion said:

Oh seriously!!!  I'll try that.

I'm totally cool with cartoons, and disproportionate captains, and teddy bears being the hands on the wheel... but I have to understand what they heck they are saying... Otherwise every time they speak, I find myself checking EVERYTHING... did something just sink on my team or the enemy team?  Are there torpedoe around me?  Did a ship just become spotted.  Did I just accidentally press engine boost or DFAA?

I'll check out Aslain's mod pack.  No clue how to install mods, but I'm guessing it isn't going to be that tough.

I too tried the ENGLISH setting... it literally does nothing.  It didn't change anything when I switched it to other languages either.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
2 hours ago, Eckarbeiter said:

One of the best improvements I made was to turn off voice messaging & radio communication in the audio settings. The game is so much more enjoyable for me now.

[-QG-]
Members
65 posts
4,820 battles

ok, I thought I have looked everywhere, but where is this "carousel" you speak of for ARP?  Can't seem to find it.

Thank you for any help!

WarKitten

[WOLFC]
Members
3,195 posts
40 minutes ago, WarKitten_1 said:

ok, I thought I have looked everywhere, but where is this "carousel" you speak of for ARP?  Can't seem to find it.

Thank you for any help!

WarKitten

Click the "wheels" below your Commander in the Port tab to open the Additional Content menu ...

Then select Custom ships ... Arpeggio ... and click on the "eye" to turn off viewing the special effects.

Doing so will hide the Camo, Change the Captain to a normal one, and replace the voice.  You still get the camo benefits, but Type 5 will be displayed on the ship.

arp.jpg

[B-Z]
Members
199 posts
23,197 battles

Too remove all "other" voices del

sound_mods_official_0001.pkg

&

sound_mods_official.idx

from 

.\res_packages