Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGoodS1r

Russian Dreamboats

90 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

16
[HEL-4]
[HEL-4]
Members
12 posts
4,441 battles

So, the news is out. I'm just as pissed off as this dude. As much as I love this game, if these boats don't get nerfed before release, I'm seriously going to think about quitting entirely. Your thoughts?
 

 

  • Cool 8
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles

no russian bias, right? amazing. "LIGHT CRUISER" with 19 km range and 1000m/s shell velocity and heavy cruiser level health pool. not even mentioning that those things can stealth radar... completely 

 

those ships with these stats dont have any weakness. none. even if i smoked a kg weed, i wouldnt be able to come up with that insane statts.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,162
[EQRN]
Members
2,167 posts
19,132 battles

In the 21st century, a Russian dreamboat is one that doesn’t need a tugboat to follow it around to tow it back to port when it breaks down :cap_yes:

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

I am surprised they don't do 40 plus knots.

This is just another nail in the coffin for wg, be it a slow demise, masses will want to be in the new god like ships, and throw money for free xp at them to get into a t10 str8 away.

I guess wait till they are tested and get buffed some more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,854
[PVE]
Members
4,828 posts
21,205 battles

Be nice !  It's their game and they come from where???

Anyway, the game is a cooperative shooter.............doesn't it make sense to add ships that spit fire and do the Dakka Dakka dance all game long?????  Isn't that the entire point of the game?

Now, if they were adding missiles or guided torpedoes.......well, we could have some righteous indignation and maybe some of a point.  But, that isn't the case until subs get here with guided torps.  Personally, I want DD to have HARM's replace the aft most turret to take on radar.....  Then, we can have some real fun!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[HEL-4]
[HEL-4]
Members
12 posts
4,441 battles

They have too many advantages over every other ship in the game. Range, reload, stealth radar, shell angles, they have the best bits from every other navy all rolled into one cancerous package. 

If Weegie wants this, they need to have some sort of concession. As strong as Smolensk is, it also only has 32,400 health. That's what these paperboats need - if they get ALL those advantages, they should only get 32k health at maximum.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
19 minutes ago, TheGoodS1r said:

They have too many advantages over every other ship in the game. Range, reload, stealth radar, shell angles, they have the best bits from every other navy all rolled into one cancerous package. 

If Weegie wants this, they need to have some sort of concession. As strong as Smolensk is, it also only has 32,400 health. That's what these paperboats need - if they get ALL those advantages, they should only get 32k health at maximum.

speaking of smolensk, they are "nerfing" the central armor of smolensk to 19mms. so, we are gonna get even more over pens... WG devs have seriously no freaking clue about their game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
18,139 battles

This game must be in charge of making a specific nation feel proud. I have never seen so much blatant bias in a game just to make 1 country forget that its best tactic in WW2 WAS TO USE IT'S POPULATION AS BULLET SPONGES.

Edited by LupusMalum
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
18,139 battles

2

Edited by LupusMalum
tried to delete this extra post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,083
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,287 posts
8,536 battles
2 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

 heavy cruiser level health pool

There is no such thing as a "heavy cruiser health pool".  Heavy cruisers are defined entirely by the size of their guns.  Give the Moskva 152mm guns and it would be a light cruiser, give the Kuma 203mm guns and it would become a heavy cruiser.  

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,491
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
20 minutes ago, yashma said:

There is no such thing as a "heavy cruiser health pool".  Heavy cruisers are defined entirely by the size of their guns.  Give the Moskva 152mm guns and it would be a light cruiser, give the Kuma 203mm guns and it would become a heavy cruiser.  

This, well after the Washington treaty was signed which is why the Germans were able to create the Deutschland class cruisers because they were not a signatory to either the Washington nor the later London treaties. The Mogami started life as a CL but spent most of her life as a CA.

Edited by BrushWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,661
[PVE]
Members
20,111 posts
12,952 battles

Well, they likely have until Wed, May 6th (9.4) to adjust the RU CAs. Pan-EU DDs are coming in 9.2 and 9.3 per the dev blog.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,136
[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

There is no such thing as a "heavy cruiser health pool".  Heavy cruisers are defined entirely by the size of their guns.  Give the Moskva 152mm guns and it would be a light cruiser, give the Kuma 203mm guns and it would become a heavy cruiser.  

 

44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, well after the Washington treaty was signed which is why the Germans were able to create the Deutschland class cruisers because they were not a signatory to either the Washington nor the later London treaties. The Mogami started life as a CL but spent most of her life as a CA.

Yes, it was the gun size that divided cruisers into light & heavy classes. The Japanese were creative with the Mogami.

Germany was under the limitations imposed by the Treaty of Versailles when both the Washington & London naval treaties were signed. The Treaty of Versailles limited Germany military, including the Navy, more severely then either of the two naval treaties. To allow Germany to sign either of these treaties would give Germany greater latitude to rebuild their navy. By 1932, when the Graf Spee was laid down, it was already apparent that Germany was not interested in complying with the Treaty of Versailles. A year later Hitler was in power.

A ship's size is given in displacement tons. Tons are not created equal. A ton is 2,000 lbs, a metric ton is 2,205 lbs & the most common type of ton used for ship size, the long ton,  is 2,240 lbs.

Edited by kgh52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,661
[PVE]
Members
20,111 posts
12,952 battles

 

3 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

no russian bias, right? fcking amazing. "LIGHT CRUISER" with 19 km range and 1000m/s shell velocity and heavy cruiser level health pool. not even mentioning that those things can stealth radar... completely r.tarded. 

 

those ships with these statts dont have any weakness. none. even if i smoked a kg weed, i wouldnt be able to come up with that insane statts.

 

1 hour ago, yashma said:

There is no such thing as a "heavy cruiser health pool".  Heavy cruisers are defined entirely by the size of their guns.  Give the Moskva 152mm guns and it would be a light cruiser, give the Kuma 203mm guns and it would become a heavy cruiser.  

54 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, well after the Washington treaty was signed which is why the Germans were able to create the Deutschland class cruisers because they were not a signatory to either the Washington nor the later London treaties. The Mogami started life as a CL but spent most of her life as a CA.

8 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

 

Yes, it was the gun size that divided cruisers into light & heavy classes. The Japanese were creative with the Mogami.

Germany was under the limitations imposed by the Treaty of Versailles when both the Washington & London naval treaties were signed. The Treaty of Versailles limited Germany military, including the Navy, more severely then either of the two naval treaties. To allow Germany to sign either of these treaties would give Germany greater latitude to rebuild their navy. By 1932, when the Graf Spee was laid down, it was already apparent that Germany was not interested in complying with the Treaty of Versailles. A year later Hitler was in power.

A ship's size is given in displacement tons. Tons are not created equal. A ton is 2,000 lbs, a metric ton is 2,205 lbs & the most common type of ton used for ship size, the long ton,  is 2,240 lbs.

These.

 

Cruisers with guns up to 6.1" (155mm) were grouped and colloquially called light cruisers (CL).

Cruisers with guns above 6.1" (155mm) and not more than 8" (203mm) were grouped and colloquially called heavy cruisers (CA).

Ships with guns above 8", were capital ships for the WNT/LNT.

 

So if Russia was in the WNT/LNT, their 180mm gunned cruisers would be heavy cruisers.

 

If anyone is interested in the various naval treaties.

 
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,426
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles
Just now, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Image result for shill

Oh, gee, it's that guy who does the thing.

Sure chicken little. I see you are at it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

Sure chicken little. I see you are at it again.

Yeah, I'm such an alarmist. Let's see:

  • After a failed carrier rework, another type of undesirable ship that virtually nobody asked for (and was so reviled that WG themselves gave repeated, emphatic assurances that it would never be added to the game) is pending release.
  • Multiple high-level clans are collapsing, merging, etc. because they cannot sustain talent pools to compete, so many of their members have vanished.
  • Nearly all the CCs have denounced a string of decisions made by the company beginning last fall.
  • We have a pending release of superwtfbbqpwnsauce fantasy Soviet cruisers, firmly solidifying all claims of Russian bias past, present, and future.

Game's fine though, flaming lion. 

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,426
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles
14 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Yeah, I'm such an alarmist. Let's see:

  • After a failed carrier rework, another type of undesirable ship that virtually nobody asked for (and was so reviled that WG themselves gave repeated, emphatic assurances that it would never be added to the game) is pending release.
  • Multiple high-level clans are collapsing, merging, etc. because they cannot sustain talent pools to compete, so many of their members have vanished.
  • Nearly all the CCs have denounced a string of decisions made by the company beginning last fall.
  • We have a pending release of superwtfbbqpwnsauce fantasy Soviet cruisers, firmly solidifying all claims of Russian bias past, present, and future.

Game's fine though, flaming lion. 

Carrier rework worked. The class was dead now it is not. I agree it was a bumpy ride (WG has acknowledged and learned from this) but it is in a good place now. 

I can not really comment on the clan thing. I mean I have the 16 full clans of the Lone Wolves but we are very much solo player focused. We are looking for someone to start the 17th clan now.

I find that the CC's often over react. Primarily because they have imperfect information very early. So not really thier fault. Super test and test server really does matter.

Looking forward to the RU Cruiser split. Not going to freak out about WIP. 

Game is doing very well. I personally am still having a lot of fun playing it.

Cheers.

Edit: Oh forgot... as far as the "shill" allegation. I am not pretending to be a satisfied customer, I am a satisfied customer. I really do enjoy the game and play it often. I would not be on the forum at all if I was not happy with the game. Life is to short. When WOWS is no longer fun for me I will move on. Lots of great games out there.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,196
[SYN]
Members
5,878 posts
13,316 battles
3 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

speaking of smolensk, they are "nerfing" the central armor of smolensk to 19mms. so, we are gonna get even more over pens... WG devs have seriously no freaking clue about their game. 

No, they know exactly what they are doing.

With rare exceptions, a "nerf" to anything Russian - infrequent occurrences that they are - means changing something that doesn't negatively alter its net effect on the match or the individual player's results.  Or, particularly, its ability to deal damage by its primary means, which in the case of Russian boats in the game will always be the guns.  This has been the way Lesta/WG has handled Russian boats since the VMF cruisers and destroyers first arrived years ago.  It's a joke.

 

 

Edited by Kuckoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
31 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Yeah, I'm such an alarmist. Let's see:

  • After a failed carrier rework, another type of undesirable ship that virtually nobody asked for (and was so reviled that WG themselves gave repeated, emphatic assurances that it would never be added to the game) is pending release.
  • Multiple high-level clans are collapsing, merging, etc. because they cannot sustain talent pools to compete, so many of their members have vanished.
  • Nearly all the CCs have denounced a string of decisions made by the company beginning last fall.
  • We have a pending release of superwtfbbqpwnsauce fantasy Soviet cruisers, firmly solidifying all claims of Russian bias past, present, and future.

Game's fine though, flaming lion. 

Many solid points that should serve as reminders to everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
2 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

It's a joke. And it's hilarious because they are unintentionally making themselves the punchline.

BtC7w0W.png

Damage control parties report for duty! WG public affairs and marketing are gonna have their hands full. This forum is about to burn down. Lol. I'm glad for it. This is the dumbest darn news release yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×