You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Femennenly

Update 0.9.1 - Bug Reports

33 comments in this topic

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
15,914 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

The Update 0.9.0 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

If you're trying to report any technical issue, please make sure to attach WG Check report to your posts. 

If you'd like to leave feedback on the latest content or updates, you can drop them here!

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
180 posts
11,717 battles

First bug is - I think in the OP you intended to say 'The Update 0.9.1 is here ...' instead of 

The Update 0.9.0 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

;)

Members
102 posts
3 hours ago, KaiserWilhelmShatner said:

Was my Gepard supposed to get it's French Navy camo?

Mine was removed & replaced with Type 16 as well -- the event-specific camo doesn't appear as an option to purchase for it, even.

EDIT: Evidently it's a workaround for a game-crashing bug, so shouldn't be permanent.

Edited by Pomme_de_Terroriste

[SEA-7]
Members
201 posts
4,741 battles

Updated Game won't launch on either of my Mac Pro machines. I have seen this posted by several others in different places ... 

[CHASE]
Modder
132 posts
4,790 battles
1 hour ago, jamesisokay said:

Updated Game won't launch on either of my Mac Pro machines. I have seen this posted by several others in different places ... 

If you have a disk space, it's 100% worth it to create a Windows bootcamp installation to run the game on. Performance will be leagues ahead of the mac wrapper version.

• Cool 1

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles

Not sure if this is a "bug" per se, but are we supposed to be getting Royal Tokens with the completion of the Daily Missions? I see only the usual 200 coal being awarded. Apologies if I have misread something.

[WORX]
Members
10,344 posts
18,261 battles
1 hour ago, jamesisokay said:

You were given a response in those places over an hour ago...

You have

• The MAC wrapper link  AND
  • Now here as over in the other threads you posted, the suggestion to use bootcamp...

GL

[HEROS]
Members
1,978 posts
17,245 battles

Umm.. well by bug to report is the game isn't letting me into the "armory"  endless load.. I can escape out of it however.   

Minutes later went and clicked on everything once through.. and now it's working...either that was by intent or there's some crap in the code..

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
887 posts
33,561 battles
49 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

Not sure if this is a "bug" per se, but are we supposed to be getting Royal Tokens with the completion of the Daily Missions? I see only the usual 200 coal being awarded. Apologies if I have misread something.

image.thumb.png.7baeadccccc94da8458c18563f9f29fb.png

Starts tomorrow when the patch drops across all servers

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,543 posts

When I logged out last night, my port was set to Ocean.

When I logged in today, my port was set to London. 

[SEA-7]
Members
201 posts
4,741 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

You were given a response in those places over an hour ago...

You have

• The MAC wrapper link  AND
  • Now here as over in the other threads you posted, the suggestion to use bootcamp...

GL

Thanks.

I installed Wargaming Client and installed WOW through there, seems to be working on one machine, doing it on my laptop tomorrow or so. The steam launch version is still non-functioning. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

When I logged out last night, my port was set to Ocean.

When I logged in today, my port was set to London. 

have to reset my port every patch, minor PITA

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,543 posts
12 minutes ago, Ozium said:

have to reset my port every patch, minor PITA

There's  bit of snark involved in reporting it as a bug.

It's just WG being obnoxious and pushy, instead of leaving our port settings alone.  Gotta show off that shiny new graphic asset...

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,580 posts
19,341 battles

None of the ship class names are showing. I have no mods. I am attaching the WGCheck files. Anyone encountering this problem?

shot-20.02.13_07.24.44-0345.jpg

UPDATE: I had a problem with ModStation after update 0..9.1. The update gives block icons for ship class names. There is a bug in ModStation. It appears that when I uninstalled a mod before the update 0.9.1 it did not fully uninstall. To correct uninstall ModStation. Go in C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\ and rename the latest folder file as old. For example folder 0.9.1.0 renamed into 0.9.1.0_old. Then run WG check program in C:\Games\World_of_Warships\WGCheck folder. This will clear up any mod settings and restore WoWS back to the original install. You can then go back and reinstall ModStation. You can then add in any mods without running into a problem in WoWS. 

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[DBD]
[DBD]
Members
7 posts
23,623 battles

After update 9.1, starting getting black lines and blotches that move from top to bottom of screen.  FPS went from 50s and 60s to between 10 and 20.
Uninstalled program and reinstalled, same issues.

Ran WGChecker and submitted ticket, waiting on response.

Game ran perfectly in 9.0.

Reset settings to Very low and still FPS did not increase.

Not using a true gaming computer, but it ran 9.0 without any issues.

[RAIDR]
[RAIDR]
Members
20 posts
7,022 battles

All the new stuff like torpedo detect and mostly the engine protecting thing isn't worth the time of effort you put into it 1 battle and engine knocked out with one shell 3 times remove this isn't worth the money you put into it

Members
5 posts
979 battles

Hi,  I needed one more Capture/Assisted Cature to complete a mission.

Satisfied that I had got it...  

I checked back at the missions to find that they are not being accepted.

Check out the photos and timestamps.

I thought that something like this also occurred a few days ago on the EU server but I couldn't find the evidence. But this bug is now as clear as day.

The battle screen shows that I completed the mission, buy the mission screens show that I have not.

shot-20_02.15_10_18.47-0800.thumb.jpg.702c01bb7d9ccc2cdb43c259c4c403e9.jpgshot-20_02.15_10_19.03-0478.thumb.jpg.cb01c75f707d09812adf330a55d0fb4c.jpg

[WORX]
Members
10,344 posts
18,261 battles
23 minutes ago, CaptRichardManuell said:

Hi,  I needed one more Capture/Assisted Cature to complete a mission.

Satisfied that I had got it...  

I checked back at the missions to find that they are not being accepted.

Check out the photos and timestamps.

I thought that something like this also occurred a few days ago on the EU server but I couldn't find the evidence. But this bug is now as clear as day.

The battle screen shows that I completed the mission, buy the mission screens show that I have not.

shot-20_02.15_10_18.47-0800.thumb.jpg.702c01bb7d9ccc2cdb43c259c4c403e9.jpgshot-20_02.15_10_19.03-0478.thumb.jpg.cb01c75f707d09812adf330a55d0fb4c.jpg

The pic is not enough evidence to prove what you stated,

It doesn't show it needed one... It just shows a line...

What it does show on the top pic,

• your achievement counted...
  • It was added to the total.
  • The end result is not what you thought it was.

In other words, you think you needed one but in fact it was more then that... You could've run your mouse pointer over the CM for more details and snap shot the pic (on both)...

As it stand... I dont see a bug, I do see it counted and it worked as intended... The only solution I can come up based on the pic provided... User error (until proven other wise)/graphical bug at worse.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
5 posts
979 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The pic is not enough evidence to prove what you stated,

It doesn't show it needed one... It just shows a line...

What it does show on the top pic,

• your achievement counted...
  • It was added to the total.
  • The end result is not what you thought it was.

In other words, you think you needed one but in fact it was more then that... You could've run your mouse pointer over the CM for more details and snap shot the pic (on both)...

As it stand... I dont see a bug, I do see it counted and it worked as intended... The only solution I can come up based on the pic provided... User error (until proven other wise)/graphical bug at worse.

Actually, it does.

The battle screen shows that the mission "Destroyers: Base Invader" as completed.

Yet on the mission page the last capture did not register.

I needed three captures when I began this morning. As of last night (GMT), I had completed 4 out of 7.

I have the screen shots of the three battles where I got a capture this morning.

On the last one, the one submitted in this post, the battle screen added the blue checkmark and the word "Completed" underneath.

For some reason it was not registered on the main mission sheet as originally posted.

shot-20_02.15_11_05.17-0145.thumb.jpg.0003b8594a6939e19315e08f430e565c.jpgshot-20_02.15_11_05.33-0842.thumb.jpg.ed34fe48951d0cac12bf623f5a675afe.jpgshot-20_02.15_10_18.47-0800.thumb.jpg.e9458565c4a90698be088105f39305f4.jpg

[WORX]
Members
10,344 posts
18,261 battles
1 minute ago, CaptRichardManuell said:

Actually, it does.

Got it, since its the weekend and @Femennenly is departing... Send a PM to @turbo07,  ask him if he can double check for you OR to see what else can be done...

Members
5 posts
979 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Got it, since its the weekend and @Femennenly is departing... Send a PM to @turbo07,  ask him if he can double check for you OR to see what else can be done...

The only practical thing that can be done is to get another cap.

But the community needs to be aware that the missions are flawed and one may have to repeat some tasks occasionally in order to get the objective completed.

[WORX]
Members
10,344 posts
18,261 battles
1 minute ago, CaptRichardManuell said:

But the community needs to be aware that the missions are flawed and one may have to repeat some tasks occasionally in order to get the objective completed.

Maybe just for you, mine is done and there was no issues in PTS...

Just PM @turbo07 and see what can be done...

[-BSK-]
Members
1 post
8,737 battles

The animation for receiving a container has gone away (ship and the crane that swings in the container). It stays on the port screen. The items from the containers just appear on the port screen. I Still get to pick the type of container and the button to open the container still shows up.