You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Suomen_Panssari

Concerns for future of WoWs NA

146 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
54 posts
2,848 battles

Flamu's video of the stats of the  upcoming soviet ships. this has me concerned for the health of the game. Ok WG why not just remove all nations just have Soviets? i mean you  "edited" WoT with so many  soviet premiums  to point them being the de-facto meta vehicles  why not do it to ships too  also didn't wot NA player base drop  a lot recently too? Are you trying to world of warplanes world of warships cause sure looks like it.

Flamu's video.
https://youtu.be/tZbUWjOeRss

if this how gonna be ill do what i did with  WoT find another game play but with a different company to support since WG like drive away western audience.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

0 posts
16 minutes ago, Suomen_Panssari said:

also didn't wot NA player base drop  a lot recently too?

No, it is stable. the only server to show a decline has been the RU server, a steady decline since 2015. The ASIA server is the fastest growing, the EU server the overall healthiest, the NA server, well, have a look for yourself, but it has seen some growth recently, not decline : 

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wows/na/total

image.thumb.png.e2a50cd2ee909037ec126c0900508445.png

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Banned
627 posts
31 minutes ago, Suomen_Panssari said:

Honestly I think Wargaming needs to stop pumping out new ships, they should let things on that front rest and work on other things such as game balance, CV vs. DD  interactions, fixing the current scenarios, giving us new Scenarios and much more. This constant pumping of new ships isn't as good for the game as they think, it just makes it turn into a bloated mess

• Cool 17
  • Boring 1

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,146 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

No, it is stable. the only server to show a decline has been the RU server, a steady decline since 2015. The ASIA server is the fastest growing, the EU server the overall healthiest, the NA server, well, have a look for yourself, but it has seen some growth recently, not decline : 

Didn't the game go live in 2016? It may make business sense to entice more players in the RU server by placing more Soviet ships since it is their biggest market. 

4 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

We’ve clearly moved into the extraction portion of the game life cycle of WoWS. 

Lesta's  CEO blatant remark about the PR disaster shows were their interests lie.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Server population may be stable, but subjectively it feels like quality of play is going down.  Some of the more veteran players are quitting, the ones that are remaining are consolidating into fewer and fewer top clans.  A lot of new players are people who jump into the game, buy a high tier premium almost immediately (I'm sure that makes the accountants happy) and wind up with no clue how to play it.  This is a game that takes people hundreds if not thousands of battles to really learn (and some people never learn at all, you see people with 10k battles that do not understand basic game mechanics), and it feels like the braintrust is drying up even if the raw player numbers aren't.  It's not uncommon to have a 12v12 battle with 1-3 legitimately good players on each side.

• Cool 6
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,824 battles
22 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

We’ve clearly moved into the extraction portion of the game life cycle of WoWS. 

Yesss … like the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen in Dune, crushing poor little creatures in a juice box for refreshment :)

All you hear is the faintest squeals before it's discarded - Oh Noes!

Someone should really photoshop the CEO's head on the Baron 

• Funny 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,269 posts
17,626 battles
44 minutes ago, Suomen_Panssari said:

Flamu's video of the stats of the  upcoming soviet ships. this has me concerned for the health of the game. Ok WG why not just remove all nations just have Soviets? i mean you  "edited" WoT with so many  soviet premiums  to point them being the de-facto meta vehicles  why not do it to ships too  also didn't wot NA player base drop  a lot recently too? Are you trying to world of warplanes world of warships cause sure looks like it.

Flamu's video.

if this how gonna be ill do what i did with  WoT find another game play but with a different company to support since WG like drive away western audience.

WoT and WoWS are managed by two completely separate teams and developed separately. Just because something happens in Tanks, doesn't mean it'll happen in ships and viceversa. 

As with all lines that get released in the game, we endeavor to balance them all within a certain range, while making the lines diverse and interesting. It should be noted, that while this is another RU line, seeing a split on a CA line is not new, both USN and RN CAs were split before RU CA split was being conceived. 

It should be noted, that while announced with particular stats, these are very much WIP and subject to change. 

12 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Honestly I think Wargaming needs to stop pumping out new ships, they should let things on that front rest and work on other things such as game balance, CV vs. DD  interactions, fixing the current scenarios, giving us new Scenarios and much more. This constant pumping of new ships isn't as good for the game as they think, it just makes it turn into a bloated mess

So while we may seem we are introducing a lot of new ships, this does not mean we are neglecting other areas of the game. Typically speaking the people who are designing, modelling and developing new ships, are not the same people who work on "player pain points", game modes, etc. We have multiple teams working on different areas each patch cycle. 

With 0.9.1 while yes we are seeing a new line being the RN CAs, we also have the following been worked on:

• Narai being removed to be fixed
  • Upgrades being rebalanced and tweaked (yes, this will come with 1 week of free dismounting)
  • A new map: Northern Waters
  • Various balance changes for a load of different ships
  • Various bug fixes

You mention a lot of PvE content specifically and I will let you know currently that is not a priority for us. While we do have teams working on it, since majority of our players exist in PvP formats, this area demands more resources.

Currently the game is a healthy state, internally we have no "red flag" concerning its future. 

Fem, 

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 9

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,121 posts
11,822 battles
7 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Server population may be stable, but subjectively it feels like quality of play is going down.  Some of the more veteran players are quitting, the ones that are remaining are consolidating into fewer and fewer top clans.  A lot of new players are people who jump into the game, buy a high tier premium almost immediately (I'm sure that makes the accountants happy) and wind up with no clue how to play it.  This is a game that takes people hundreds if not thousands of battles to really learn (and some people never learn at all, you see people with 10k battles that do not understand basic game mechanics), and it feels like the braintrust is drying up even if the raw player numbers aren't.  It's not uncommon to have a 12v12 battle with 1-3 legitimately good players on each side.

New players moving up to fast buying premiums has always been a problem . I did it when I joined in December 2016 dug myself into a huge hole as far as win rate goes I was stupid  .

Also veteran players who have been here since the beginning are starting to get bored 4 or 5 years playing a game and your interest has to slow down . So It doesn't take much change for them to leave because there foot is already 3 quarters out the door .

It's like a recycling of players , kind of like a good football team eventually all the best players retire and you go down hill . Then new young players learn the game step up and take there place if there lucky . Maybe this will happen but nothing stays the same as time marches forward .

• Cool 2

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles

I would recommend LARGELY ignoring Flamu's video. He demonstrated a clear lack of knowledge/understanding throughout. Crying about light cruisers having too much health for him, certain reloads and gun ranges, etc. He seemed to forget Donskoi existed and chose comparisons that didn't work, but to his average viewer, helped his outrage. But hey, overreacting and being outraged gets more clicks than understanding the topic and objectively going through. Should the stealth be nerfed? yes. Should the AA stealth and AA range be nerfed? No, but other cruisers should be buffed in that regard. A lot of his complaints about HP and guns are just plain stupid.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,010 battles

World of Warships have generally been stable since the game went live. DDs got nerfs, CVs got nerfs, skills changed, things changed, that is the life cycle of a online video game and despite that World of Warships has still been stable.

• Cool 3

[-KAK-]
Members
608 posts
12,116 battles

Does the Russian cruiser split make sense? Yes. The line's a bit of a disjointed mess right now. Schors and Chappy flow well, Donskoi's ok, but then Moskva comes in and rewrites the entire book.
Does the Russian cruiser split make sense right now? Debatably. This essentially means we go CA, CA, DD, CA in line release. I would have liked to see a USN BB or DD split or Italian BBs before the Russian cruiser split, but this is what we get.

Also OP: 

52 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

You mention a lot of PvE content specifically and I will let you know currently that is not a priority for us. While we do have teams working on it, since majority of our players exist in PvP formats, this area demands more resources.

A decent point. I know PvE has a dedicated (and vocal) fanbase, but it pales in comparison to the size of the PvP playerbase. Look, Ops are great and all, but I'm willing to bet that most players don't play them regularly. Personally, I haven't touched one in several months if not a full year.

• Boring 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,937 posts
4,729 battles
59 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

WoT and WoWS are managed by two completely separate teams and developed separately. Just because something happens in Tanks, doesn't mean it'll happen in ships and viceversa. 

As with all lines that get released in the game, we endeavor to balance them all within a certain range, while making the lines diverse and interesting. It should be noted, that while this is another RU line, seeing a split on a CA line is not new, both USN and RN CAs were split before RU CA split was being conceived. 

It should be noted, that while announced with particular stats, these are very much WIP and subject to change. 

So while we may seem we are introducing a lot of new ships, this does not mean we are neglecting other areas of the game. Typically speaking the people who are designing, modelling and developing new ships, are not the same people who work on "player pain points", game modes, etc. We have multiple teams working on different areas each patch cycle. 

With 0.9.1 while yes we are seeing a new line being the RN CAs, we also have the following been worked on:

• Upgrades being rebalanced and tweaked (yes, this will come with 1 week of free dismounting)
  • Various bug fixes

Currently the game is a healthy state, internally we have no "red flag" concerning its future. 

Fem, 

Okay can you comment on ultimate frontier and cherry blossom as to why they were removed or that future plans for those two scenarios?

• Cool 1

Members
74 posts
10,172 battles
On 11/20/2017 at 10:37 AM, D1xKnight said:

Recently i came across a few videos stating that WoWs is slowly dying due to complaints from the community demanding that the game has more improvements and such, so i'm investigating the reason behind this problem, since after 2015 videos for WoWS have slowly been declining in popularity and views, and that it has become irreverent now and a lost game in history, since then less and less people are coming to WOWS *Just a opinion* so is this downfall of wargaming's *ONLY* good game is caused by the people in the community? leave your comments below!

Heres a thread from 2017 that I found after a few seconds of searching the forums. There are dozens of threads like this over the years.

WoWs isn’t dying, it’s changing, like it always has. Players come and go and the forums continue to recycle the same topics over and over again.

• Cool 2

[WOLFX]
1,148 posts
4,192 battles
54 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

One suggestion that I have seen several times is to remove the "mercy rule" from CO OP,  to allow the games to play out all the way. 

That doesn't seem like it would take much, just disabling a victory condition. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,824 battles
5 minutes ago, SweetRollThief said:

Heres a thread from 2017 that I found after a few seconds of searching the forums. There are dozens of threads like this over the years.

WoWs isn’t dying, it’s changing, like it always has. Players come and go and the forums continue to recycle the same topics over and over again.

Last I heard … death and taxes were inevitable, but have it your way :)

Yes, all change is good and resistance is futile :)

The Borg have spoken o7 

9 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

giphy-9 (1).gif

Exactly ^

2019 … meet 2020!

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,824 battles
4 minutes ago, dechion said:

One suggestion that I have seen several times is to remove the "mercy rule" from CO OP,  to allow the games to play out all the way. 

I kind of like 3 minute games - it's less aggravation :)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles
2 hours ago, Suomen_Panssari said:

Flamu's video.

Love Flamu but he very often overreacts with incomplete info. For example the stealth radar that he was freaking out about may not even be a thing. I am pretty sure the radar range on those cruisers will be shorter than the normal Russian Radar.

[FEM]
2,269 posts
17,626 battles
9 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Okay can you comment on ultimate frontier and cherry blossom as to why they were removed or that future plans for those two scenarios?

This seems to be the question of the day for me lol.

So both of these operations heavily featured CVs, when update 0.8.0 was released, and the change to CVs was released, this required us to pull all AI related CV items. Since then it wasn't until update 0.8.6 until the base programming of AI bots were returned and became available at this time we also brought back Raptor Rescue. Following on from this our PvE teams worked on Halloween Content. 

So, they were removed because they were no longer compatible with the CV rework. Our intention is long term to bring them back to the game, however there is no timeline on this as the PvE resources are limited.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[FEM]
2,269 posts
17,626 battles
13 minutes ago, dechion said:

"Mercy rule" isn't a factor that is limited to PvE however is more prominent in. Removing this condition would separate the internal structures for the game modes, which would cause issues for future development. While its not, not an option, we'd like to explore other options before this to avoid blockers in development in the future.

Fem, 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,708 posts
36,268 battles
16 minutes ago, dechion said:

Wont happen.

They want to move you out of PVE.

Doesn't take much, just disable a victory condition. Right, they added it for a reason. No sense in declaring a mistake.

Take the Carousel design bug. AND vs OR. Have been complaining for almost 5 years now. No response. No action. Just a  simple bug. No interest in resolving.

• Boring 1

[FEM]
2,269 posts
17,626 battles
19 minutes ago, dechion said:

"Mercy rule" isn't a factor that is limited to PvE however is more prominent in. Removing this condition would separate the internal structures for the game modes, which would cause issues for future development. While its not, not an option, we'd like to explore other options before this to avoid blockers in development in the future.

Fem, 

54 posts
2,848 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

• Various bug fixes

Fem, 

With all due respect the games may be managed by different teams but at end of the  day  past a certain point you all have same suits at the top levels of the company and the choices and plans for your company's product's made up there  can impact you guys lower that impact us and you can say no red flag as much you want but i honestly feel i see direction things are going and it has me as a  player concerned that their some choices that are being made that might drive people away that are currently playing and in recent months may have driven some away and eventually it could lead to smaller community that still make money but smaller player base and i do not want see that for world of warships. I came to warships because i didn't like how tank side was being managed and i can see  similar things starting happen here and it has me concerned. Wargaming does have a history  of rushing things out or half baked ideas and they usually have negative impacts on their games and i  feel to a degree some things need more testing on both games and be tweaked here there before release but  higher up just through it out  the  door as is  to some degree.I can point to CV rework for world of warships and i can point several instances in world of tanks.

• Cool 8