You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

There really won’t be a reason to play other high tier cruisers.

117 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Thing is, what do these new ships bring to the table that doesn't already exist?

Nothing.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Thing is, what do these new ships bring to the table

More russian bias

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,160 posts
10,886 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Thing is, what do these new ships bring to the table that doesn't already exist?

Nothing.

Depend on which table.

To the Russian users table - lots & lots of "Must haves"

To the  WG table - revenue

To most of us -- not much

• Cool 1

Members
729 posts
10,104 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Nothing.

Huge stealth radar zones on ships that have HE unlike UK CL and can kill a destroyer within their radar duration unlike a Chapayev?

Other than that (and it would be surprising if that much stealth radar made it to live, these ships' concealment is so much better than the existing Russian cruisers) I kind of agree, some of the guns look overtuned but I don't think they do anything you can't already do.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
26 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

As expected, the new Soviet cruisers will be balanced around their real-world capabilities. 

Don't like them? Dedicate yourself to killing them.

Remember - this is WIP and anything can (and sometimes will) be tuned down. Even on Soviet ships (e.g. the Russian BB radar that only detects battleships).

• Boring 6

[OVRPN]
Members
761 posts
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Nothing.

they have every advantage the other lines have except with no real disadvantage. what don't they have? someone posted their dispersion fall off and it is well beyond the range of comparable ships - as in they fall off where other ships cannot even shoot.

like soviet battleships they are a line of easy mode ships, were accuracy of your aim isn't as much of a concern because with these cruisers we have magic AP and their long range, very long range, is compensated by insane muzzle velocity. somehow they are super stealthy and have Soviet RADAR; which in itself is the biggest joke of all considering if not for lend/lease they had nothing viable. So take it for what they are .

Soviet ships are to make the below average potato feel good about their skill level.

Magic long range at every tier

Magic AP to mitigate aiming mistakes

Magic Muzzle velocity

Magic engines for DD like speeds

Magic Rudders, damn quick by any standard

Magic health pools, make one tier down battleships jealous

Magic RADAR

Magic stealth

Members
3,354 posts
17,047 battles
2 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

they have every advantage the other lines have except with no real disadvantage. what don't they have? someone posted their dispersion fall off and it is well beyond the range of comparable ships - as in they fall off where other ships cannot even shoot.

like soviet battleships they are a line of easy mode ships, were accuracy of your aim isn't as much of a concern because with these cruisers we have magic AP and their long range, very long range, is compensated by insane muzzle velocity. somehow they are super stealthy and have Soviet RADAR; which in itself is the biggest joke of all considering if not for lend/lease they had nothing viable. So take it for what they are .

Soviet ships are to make the below average potato feel good about their skill level.

Magic long range at every tier

Magic AP to mitigate aiming mistakes

Magic Muzzle velocity

Magic engines for DD like speeds

Magic Rudders, damn quick by any standard

Magic health pools, make one tier down battleships jealous

Magic RADAR

Magic stealth

So I guess you won't be getting one?

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
345 posts
25,290 battles

Just watched it and had to down vote. WIP and super early stages means these stats WILL CHANGE FOR SURE.

Yes concealment does seem to be wrong and other parameters like shell velocity is bit much. I don't see any reason for such reactions when these ships are way out in the future and will be adjusted.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,089 posts
11,792 battles
24 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Depend on which table.

To the Russian users table - lots & lots of "Must haves"

To the  WG table - revenue

To most of us -- not much

This ^^^ +1...… The game isn't just for us Unfortunately .

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My feedback to Wargaming regarding this announcement was not gentle.  They severely botched this announcement.  Yes, I get that these starts are preliminary and that they can and will most definitely change.  However, for a company that dislikes hearing "Russian bias", they are doing themselves no favours.  This preview is tone-deaf in the extreme and, given the climate after the recent Puerto Rico debacle, comedic with how ill-timed it's presented.

I can only see this ending bad when it come to population. People will feel when it come to all work they grind for so many ship and coal and such to buy others like Colbert and Smolensk and JB.

is like a spit in face when these sovijet ship dominate high tier with they 1,000 meter / s super laser beam shell with great penetrate and short fuse time.

For those that have problem think of numbers.

Go look up Arpeggio of Blue Steel when Kongou use her cannon to kill all american fleet.

I think will be similar to this.

Banned
627 posts
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My feedback to Wargaming regarding this announcement was not gentle.  They severely botched this announcement.  Yes, I get that these starts are preliminary and that they can and will most definitely change.  However, for a company that dislikes hearing "Russian bias", they are doing themselves no favours.  This preview is tone-deaf in the extreme and, given the climate after the recent Puerto Rico debacle, comedic with how ill-timed it's presented.

Honestly I think Wargaming needs to stop pumping out new ships, they should let things on that front rest and work on other things such as game balance, CV vs. DD interactions, fixing the current scenarios, giving us new Scenarios and much more. This constant pumping of new ships isn't as good for the game as they think, it just makes it turn into a bloated mess.

• Cool 2

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Tone-deaf. Exactly.

I remember when they announced changes to unique upgrades in the middle of the Puerto Rico debacle.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

For those who are claiming "They will be nerfed, this is WIP", keep in mind WG's long and established history of releasing Russian ships in overtuned states and then very gently nerfing them over time.

You know, as opposed to every other nation's ships that if determined to be OP, get sledgehammered, but in most cases are released in a disgraceful state and take years to get placebo buffs which barely affect the actual problems they have.

• Cool 4

[HSD]
Members
745 posts
12,657 battles

For comparison I went and demounted the appropriate modules off my Moskva:

Range without any module modification, 19.4km

Dispersion without any modules for 19.4km, 167m

Dispersion with the "Aiming Systems Mod 1", 155m

I do not have the Unique Upgrade so I can't tell you that value.

Dispersion of the new TX 220m Cruiser that has this "worse" long range dispersion, 160m at 18.4km, it is important to note that this is a whole 1km less than the Moskva but that "worse" dispersion seems non-existent with those numbers.

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

For those who are claiming "They will be nerfed, this is WIP", keep in mind WG's long and established history of releasing Russian ships in overtuned states and then very gently nerfing them over time.

You know, as opposed to every other nation's ships that if determined to be OP, get sledgehammered, but in most cases are released in a disgraceful state and take years to get placebo buffs which barely affect the actual problems they have.

Kremlin versus Henri IV.

The nerf. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,324 posts
10,458 battles
6 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

For comparison I went and demounted the appropriate modules off my Moskva:

Range without any module modification, 19.4km

Dispersion without any modules for 19.4km, 167m

Dispersion with the "Aiming Systems Mod 1", 155m

I do not have the Unique Upgrade so I can't tell you that value.

Dispersion of the new TX 220m Cruiser that has this "worse" long range dispersion, 160m at 18.4km, it is important to note that this is a whole 1km less than the Moskva but that "worse" dispersion seems non-existent with those numbers.

The dispersion values in the preview are flat out wrong.  Talking to Wargaming, their dispersion values should be closer to Graf Spee / Kronshtadt at maximum range.  It's stuff like which I criticized them for.  Not only are the ships ridiculously powerful looking right out of the gates, the community isn't going to be forgiving of typos like this mixed in. 

[HSD]
Members
745 posts
12,657 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The dispersion values in the preview are flat out wrong.  Talking to Wargaming, their dispersion values should be closer to Graf Spee / Kronshtadt at maximum range.  It's stuff like which I criticized them for.  Not only are the ships ridiculously powerful looking right out of the gates, the community isn't going to be forgiving of typos like this mixed in. 

So the previewed dispersion numbers are typos, actual errors?

On one hand it's probably a good thing that it sounds like the values are worse, though without them it's hard to theory/think how much worse and whether that's a player noticeable difference.

On the other hand they released the preview with incorrect information which they were told about, that's not good communication on their end.

Though now I'm going all conspiracy nut thinking they're going to announce "nerfs" that include bigger dispersion numbers later but they are actually just the true correct values. Are you allowed to post the true values or will that get you into trouble?

[KID0]
Members
143 posts

Why so serious?

Game is silly arcade. Flappy Bird with boats.

Stats and math mean nothing. RNG and mad twitch skills are all that matter. Details are boring.

I play Hosho Hosho Hosho and more Hosho, and do not care.

Flappy Hosho Birds of Kido Butai rule the sky! Banzai!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,324 posts
10,458 battles
Just now, Meatshield_No13 said:

So the previewed dispersion numbers are typos, actual errors?

I don't know.  It could be that's how they'll appear in port but they'll perform differently in game?  It could be the numbers are mistakes and they'll be corrected?  Take that whole "Work in Progress, Subject to Change" thing to heart.  I'm as grumpy about it as everyone else.  I ran out of patience for Wargaming creating this level of drama months ago.

• Cool 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,145 battles

work as intent commarade we all know the soviets conquest the sea with their real ships full of vodka

• Funny 1

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I don't know.  It could be that's how they'll appear in port but they'll perform differently in game?  It could be the numbers are mistakes and they'll be corrected?  Take that whole "Work in Progress, Subject to Change" thing to heart.  I'm as grumpy about it as everyone else.  I ran out of patience for Wargaming creating this level of drama months ago.

image.png.4ec31854e4864c5abb1567d95fcf08b5.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2