You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Operation Narai being pulled for repair in 0.9.1

137 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles

Source:

Hope it's back soon... but evidently the issues were beyond a simple hotfix.

Crossposted to the PvE forum.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Worked on like Cherry Blossom and the others, ie, not at all?! :cap_viking:

If you knew how many times I'd seen randomly gathered teams botch Narai, you wouldn't miss it either.

• Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
438 posts
8,277 battles

Welp, there goes the most fun operation for all eternity. 

Considering that operations are such a high priority for them i could see it making a return in 2055, after we get 30 more soviet ships.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 6

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,479 battles

I really, really like the operations. I wanted my 5th star on this. I hope it makes a swift return. The ships do act a bit buggy. It's even evident in the VoD I posted the other day. about aiming. Had my first try with it just the other day. I like how the featured one puts the division together for us.

Edited by iamSamoth

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Here's hoping it actually comes back, it was the one Operation worth bothering with IMO.

I actually liked killer whale and Aegis, until people who behave as if they have opened tubes of acrylic glue permanently shoved up their nostrils found new and interesting ways to utterly fail both.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I actually liked killer whale and Aegis, until people who behave as if they have opened tubes of acrylic glue permanently shoved up their nostrils found new and interesting ways to utterly fail both.

The success rate on both was so low when I tried them... that I gave up trying them.  Players just found new and interesting ways to fail every time, and clearly were paying no attention to the actual win conditions... they were just playing like a bunch of bad Randos, attacking whatever moved, ignoring objectives, etc.

• Cool 1

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles

Not surprised.  It was fun to blow bots and awards were pretty good.  Why would wow allow that to continue?  Fun and decent awards are more and more a rare occurrence.  I expect it will take forever to fix and if it comes back it will be fun adjusted.  In the meantime enjoy the new Russian line...

• Cool 7

[FRR]
Members
820 posts

Damn.

Narai is very nice, and is way better than random battles with their trademark toxicity, or co-op battles with that crazy instant mission end.

Now it is being pulled. 

I will not be surprised if Narai will not return for more than 365 days.

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
57 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The success rate on both was so low when I tried them... that I gave up trying them.  Players just found new and interesting ways to fail every time, and clearly were paying no attention to the actual win conditions... they were just playing like a bunch of bad Randos, attacking whatever moved, ignoring objectives, etc.

Killer Whale can be frustrating at times.  It's a fairly easy operation, but occasionally, you get a player or two who don't pay attention to the victory conditions, the one where you can only complete the operation by getting 1/2 of your team's remaining ships into the exit circle.  Sometimes, you get a player who will just want to keep attacking the enemy, and refuses to listen to the pleas of his team mates to get on the exit point.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,138 battles

Shame. I've been using Surrey to grind out the commander. Being to go 16k commander XP was good. The only issue is figuring out among the players who:

1. Goes after the CV

2. Goes after the transports.

What is annoying is a Colorado driver who decided that he is going to join the CA in killing the CV. Then dies due to torpedoes.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,673 battles

Here we have two pieces of information:

1. Narai is being pulled for changes.

2. Changes to Operations are not a dev team priority.

Conclusion: Narai will come back when Cherry Blossom does.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[H_]
Members
750 posts
12,243 battles
5 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Yeah i'm kind of in this camp..  Shame, it was the most fun of all of them and provided some good returns, can't have that though so.. 

Anyone want to take bets on how long the other "Operations" survive?  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Killer Whale can be frustrating at times.  It's a fairly easy operation, but occasionally, you get a player or two who don't pay attention to the victory conditions, the one where you can only complete the operation by getting 1/2 of your team's remaining ships into the exit circle.  Sometimes, you get a player who will just want to keep attacking the enemy, and refuses to listen to the pleas of his team mates to get on the exit point.

Occasionally? 

:Smile_amazed:

[SALVO]
Members
25,798 posts
28,063 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Occasionally? 

:Smile_amazed:

From my experience, yes, occasionally.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,265 posts
17,516 battles
49 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

We are pulling it so we can make the changes and bring it back. We believe the required changes to it while are enough to pull it for fix, are small enough that the team can complete the needed fixes.

Our initial timeline hope for its return is a patch or two.

Fem,

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
4,780 posts
21,093 battles
38 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

Yeah i'm kind of in this camp..  Shame, it was the most fun of all of them and provided some good returns, can't have that though so.. 

Anyone want to take bets on how long the other "Operations" survive?  

Think about it this way, they "broke the scenario" in a patch and we now have wandering transports.....  Then, they tell us that PVE and Scenarios are not their priority.  And, that it's the Planes in Cherry Blossom that are the problem and omit the fact that they were working on Update 8.0 for months and somehow, simply forgot about Cherry Blossom in that testing???  Uh Huh, they must think we are pretty stupid.......

And no, they are curtailing anything that adds "game value" to all of us to make games shorter and are ensuring that we have less ROI of our time....  Throughput = Profit.......... So, I don't expect to ever see Narai or CB ever again.

See you tonight !  We should play Narai before it's gone forever....

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts

How is it that I, cynic and skeptic that I am... still find this this whole "WG wants to take Narai away because it's too good" or the whole "Narai will never be back no matter what they're saying"...  rather aggressively negative? 

Of course, I'm not shocked, this is the same forum where people routinely believe that their RNG results on crates or bundles are influenced by their spending habits or forum posts...

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

How is it that I, cynic and skeptic that I am... still find this this whole "WG wants to take Narai away because it's too good" or the whole "Narai will never be back no matter what they're saying"...  rather aggressively negative? 

Of course, I'm not shocked, this is the same forum where people routinely believe that their RNG results on crates or bundles are influenced by their spending habits or forum posts...

It's the same reason they gave for removing Cherry Blossom over a year ago. Can't really fault people for feeling like this is just history repeating itself.

[K0]
Members
1,755 posts
8,566 battles

Narai isn't the only operation with pathing problems. Raptor Rescue frequently has one or two of the support ships getting caught in the island chain that Raptor is initially stuck in. Sometimes they'll be stuck there the entire match, sometimes they'll break free and go on their own little adventure. Either way they're at the mercy of the enemy reinforcement fleet that spawns in behind them that isn't meant to be engaged until much later.

Edited by Flashtirade

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
27 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

We are pulling it so we can make the changes and bring it back. We believe the required changes to it while are enough to pull it for fix, are small enough that the team can complete the needed fixes.

Our initial timeline hope for its return is a patch or two.

Fem,

Just like you pulled Cherry Blossom to make some changes and put it back in, right?

it's not very cash-money to get mad when players see this as History repeating itself, especially considering Literally All Of The Customer Good Will your company burned just a month ago. You'll be hardpressed to find anyone who actually trusts what you say. Possibly for the remainder of the game's life.

You showed your true colors and instead of applauding, your customers were appalled.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 4

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,831 posts
5,399 battles
2 hours ago, Saidalphon said:

Considering that operations are such a high priority for them i could see it making a return in 2055, after we get 30 more soviet ships.

Good news then; the recent post by WG added 4 additional VMF Premium cruisers on top of the soon-to-be-Premium Kirov and Moskva and the 5 new line cruisers. 9 down, 21 more to go.

There's also Borodino, so 20 more.

Add VMF CVs, that leaves 16 more.

Maybe VMF Submarines, probably 12 more (if subs are stagger tiered like CVs).

Pobeda/Slava, if it ever comes, brings it down to 11-ish.

An eventual VMF BB line split, probably another 4 or so using alternate designs, so around 7 left.

Add in some low-effort Premiums like some low-tier VMF BBs that can't fit into a second VMF BB line, a few more DDs, and a Premium VMF CV just because, and that should wrap things up.

5 years should be enough time to squeeze out 30 more VMF ships between a token Italian BB and DD line.

• Funny 3