You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Narai is evidently diseased and corrupt, and is being pulled into quarantine in 0.9.1

32 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,245 posts
16,204 battles
Just now, ItsSubmersible said:

Time to go spam Narai before it's gone!

From what I've heard about the errors that are occurring, you may find it a very frustrating experience.

• Cool 1

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

From what I've heard about the errors that are occurring, you may find it a very frustrating experience.

I ran it getting the Commander XP of ARP. Bugs and all, it still pays out well. Bigger problem is the sometimes clueless teammates.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,245 posts
16,204 battles
1 minute ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Bigger problem is the sometimes clueless teammates.

That problem is so big for me I've more or less stopped playing operations. I got more consistent results from Random battle losses. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 2

[USCG]
Members
710 posts
21,943 battles

Nooooo! She’s the only scenario I run these days! I love Narai, wandering transports and all!!!

I picked up my 100,000 captain XP in three battles this morning. Load up the camo & flags and off you go...

Edited by cgbosn4
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,898 posts
16,536 battles

I have played Narai several times this morning, and I noticed no problems.

[MOEKA]
Members
21 posts
5,808 battles
13 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Nooooo! She’s the only scenario I run these days! I love Narai, wandering transports and all!!!

I picked up my 100,000 captain XP in three battles this morning. Load up the camo & flags and off you go...

exactly why they are pulling it.  repair ships in defense of naval base is bugged too. .. don't see them pulling it to "fix" it 

[--K--]
Members
5,398 posts
18,125 battles

Wait they have to Quarantine Nari?

Was it something those Pan Asian ships brought with them? 

:Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 8

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

May its healing and return be swift and certain.

I have a strong feeling they won't put it back on rotation for at least a year.

[PVE]
Members
4,791 posts
21,103 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Source: 

May its healing and return be swift and certain.

Well, Fem answered that............sort of.  Maybe, if the Schwartz is merciful, one or two updates.  And, I have some swamp land near Disney world for sale......

They "patched" the scenario and then we started to see wandering transport ships and all sorts of "reaction" errors in the Bots.  So, ask yourself the question:  why would they field a patch with significant errors???  The answer isn't any fun if you want to speculate and are cynical: because this scenario is the most popular one and that it can return a lot of value when played well....!  And that, can not be.

So, since PVE is not of enough population or participation value, it is not fully supported.  This what Fem said, not what I think....so, Narai is toast for several weeks and I am very skeptical that we will see it back.

And, more importantly, the PVE community isn't all that valued it seems and that, is really disappointing......

Edited by Asym_KS

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

They "patched" the scenario and then we started to see wandering transport ships and all sorts of "reaction" errors in the Bots.  So, ask yourself the question:  why would they field a patch with significant errors???  The answer isn't any fun if you want to speculate and are cynical: because this scenario is the most popular one and that it can return a lot of value when played well....!  And that, can not be.

So, since PVE is not of enough population or participation value, it is not fully supported.  This what Fem said, not what I think....so, Narai is toast for several weeks and I am very skeptical that we will see it back.

And, more importantly, the PVE community isn't all that valued it seems and that, is really disappointing......

This. ^

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
7 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

UGH. Even with the buggy transports, I need Narai in game. >.<

I don't find the transports buggy at all.

They provide a much needed twist to an op that has become too predictable.

What's buggy are players who forget the main objectives. 😆

Or those characters who insist on taking on those enemy transports long after I've already said I'll get them first. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
496 posts
22,658 battles

Sad that they had to pull my favorite OP, especially after they have never brought back my second favorite OP, Operation Cherry Blossom.  There is just no excuse, other than submarines.  

Really sad.....

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,304 posts
9,908 battles

Hmm interesting, so Narai has to be pulled cause the bots don't know when to turn or stop?

But wait wasn't Raptor bugged too not too long ago where half the bots don't move from their spawn and don't even have their AA enabled thus allowing a much easier wins for Raptor? Oh and it was fixed in the following patch with no word about it.

• Cool 1

[7TH]
Members
2 posts
1,379 battles

I have a feeling it's as Asym says and the only reason they are pulling it is not to fix it, but to reduce the payout of the operation, because we all know they couldn't give a damn about us.

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
195 posts
9,975 battles

And there goes the last of the T7 MOTWs, never to be seen again just like the rest.

GG WG.

[PVE]
Members
4,791 posts
21,103 battles
55 minutes ago, Sorxas said:

I have a feeling it's as Asym says and the only reason they are pulling it is not to fix it, but to reduce the payout of the operation, because we all know they couldn't give a damn about us.

Well, when one observes a company "fixing a process" that actually degrades the process and is chaotic in nature, one should wonder, why........?  Why would they create a situation, either intentionally or accidentally, that causes the possibility of winning to be significantly degraded???  Quality control non-existent>>?  Or, what really were they trying to fix>??   The same goes for the "Mercy Rule" and what that really does:.......earning exploits to limit player value and increase the number of games you must play to obtain the value the exploit takes???    I am guessing.  I don't have the answer and to be honest, we'll never get the straight answer....  Narai will or will not return sometime in the future.  Will it be the same Scenario:  I doubt it.  Will they eliminate the mercy rule:  good heavens no !  I'd play 30% less games if they did and somehow, they think that will make me spend more money being miserable and frustrated???  Now, if you can figure that out, that making players whom want to stay miserable so they will pay more money.............I need a drink.....geesh.

They care what we spend and, since COOP isn't where the real money is............well, we either "eat cake" or vote with our feet.....  That is up to each player.

Edited by Asym_KS

[DVYJC]
Members
3,658 posts
8,689 battles
13 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

I don't find the transports buggy at all.

They provide a much needed twist to an op that has become too predictable.

What's buggy are players who forget the main objectives. 😆

Or those characters who insist on taking on those enemy transports long after I've already said I'll get them first. 

Admittedly the players are buggier than the transports, but there's not really a valid reason for the transports to go sailing straight into the bay rather than to their landing objectives. That's pure glitch, not a 'twist,' there's no rational purpose for the YOLO. Is it entertaining, yes, and does it make the op more challenging, yes, if not really all that much more challenging. 

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,962 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

I have confirmed with the Dev team this morning:

We 100% intend to bring back Narai once fixes have been made. 

We are hoping this will take minimal time, when there is more information or timeline available we will of course update you all.

Fem, 

You have yet to explain why it needs to be removed while you are fixing it. The green transports are buggy but not hopelessly so. Feel free to put a note on the operation screen saying it has known problems and then fix it on your own schedule. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,518 battles
1 hour ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

You have yet to explain why it needs to be removed while you are fixing it. The green transports are buggy but not hopelessly so. Feel free to put a note on the operation screen saying it has known problems and then fix it on your own schedule. 

That you personally haven't gotten stuck with an unwinnable Narai scenario thanks not to skill or luck but fatal AI bugs doesn't mean others haven't (and they have as seen on the forum and subreddit). And while I'm not the most trusting of the devs ATM wrt scenarios either, Femennenly has been a strong and trustworthy advocate for the player base and I trust that she's made it clear to the devs that withdrawing Narai and putting it on the backburner will have majorly bad consequences (whether the devs will listen is another story).