You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree.

29 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles

As a consequence of this interesting development...

...and the promise of picking up at "Tier 10 premium ship" for nothing more than the cost of a line grind, I dropped everything else and started spamming the hell out of my Soviet cruisers, playing some co-op games in the Izmail on the side while waiting for my Shchors to come back to port. Izmail can be nasty fun in co-op - two blappings in two salvoes that would have been Dev Strikes if co-op gave those out.

Grabbed the Chapayev Sunday evening, then chilled out by co-op spamming ARP Myoko with Yamamoto on board.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
494 posts
11,291 battles

Played random boats and saw my abysmal M&M continue. 30% WE for the weekend or there abouts. (My poor play could have contributed to a couple of those)

CBs saw both alpha and bravo teams make Storm. Certainly not in league with the big clans, but a first for the bottom RNG clan.

Did see matches with 2 active forum members and always nice to see y'all ingame. 

Edit:fixing auto correct 

Edited by contag10n

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles

I finished the Blue Steel line, entertained my 4 & 6 year-old granddaughters  by playing the wildly colored ships, they like the pink one best.

Seen a KGV go after the transports in Narai twice. One KGV hid behind an island & called for assistance several times. He was scared of the big bad DD. What is worse, a cruiser ran to his aid. We had already lost one cruiser. Neither match ended well.

The other KGV got Shark among Shrimp award. But we lost the match because 2 other BB's went after the CV. My cruiser and a DD were left to defend the assault ships in the harbor.

This is strange because I see very, very few KGV's in Narai.

A clan mate tried to join us but he was having technical issues. His modem went on the fritz or so said his ISP. It is an old model.

My son was able to spend some time playing. Work & other obligations kept him busy Friday evening & all day Saturday. He & his wife did drop by & say hello Saturday night on their way home.

With as many battles as I have I expect seeing creative ways to loose Narai so that wasn't really a surprise. The modem issue was a bummer but other than that it was a very good weekend.

• Cool 1

Members
326 posts
13,896 battles

Finished the 4th Directive and was able to get the T6 Devonshire in one of the token awards.  Played her a bit to build up experience for when the line goes live.  Also played my Chapayev a bit re the Russian Cruiser split (thanks @Ensign_Cthulhu).  Otherwise just muddled through the weekend playing here and there.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles

Also blew the dust off of my Shchors and her anemic 3pt Captain.  After giving him a transfusion and an order for TPN I started on a grind of 10-15K XP/day til I get to Mockba.

This proving to be painful and reminds me why I discarded this branch several years ago.  

I bought the Molotov when it came out and I love her.  The Shchors shows none of her grace or elan.

Ahh, but the lure free ships and stuff...

[F4E]
Members
280 posts
6,995 battles

Finished the Blue Steel event.  The captains squawking in Japanese is not my bag, but I did enjoy the speed and dispersion on the Kongō clones (I had only played USN and KM BBs to this point).

The CA will take getting used to...slow reload and slow turret traverse...and yes, she has toros but the arcs are basically terrible...

Still, free is free and they can serve as trainer/re-trainer boats...

[WOLFG]
Members
9,569 posts
8,517 battles

Did my yearly forensics judging parental responsibility.  Moved crap all over the house (getting the inside painted).

With the mission for RN cruisers done, I didn't have much other than 2 crates and a daily to work on.

Finished up the Kongo and bought back the Kirov. 

Pretty relaxed weekend.  The way I want it.

Edit:  Finished up the U.S. cruiser collection and got the Cleveland camo.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,740 posts
21,487 battles

Noticed the cruiser line split and also decided to grind to Moskva. Finished the Shchors in 10 Narai battles.

It's now a coin-toss as to whether I grind thru Chaps and Donskoi to get Moskva or just free XP to her. Probably do the grind as I have 3 other purposes for my free XP - Hayate and Smaland (wondering the cost...) and a regrind another free XP of the IJN DD line for remaining RB points for Colbert. I'm looking at bringing in 4 T10 and one T5 premium when the Russian cruiser split happens - plus the T6 London in the 9.1 Brit CA event.

Edited by Khafni

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
14 minutes ago, Khafni said:

other purposes for my free XP - Hayate and Smaland (wondering the cost...)

Aren't we all?

If it looks like I have enough to get Hayate and FXP to Moskva, I will do both, chipping away slowly at the Chapayev until the day before I need the Moskva to be in my port. Unless I manage to improve my credit situation massively (I am down to about 9 million), I would rather not buy the Donskoi before I have to get the Moskva. 

Of course if we get the Alexander Nevskiy in port in the Moskva's place when she's pulled to premium, that could provide a ready source of funds to top up... I have a feeling even getting the Moskva alone is going to clean me out.

I am sort of regretting not getting the Chapayev victory camo instead of the Vlad one, but I figured I would have looked like an idiot if I got the Chappy one and then picked up a Chapayev Halloween camo later in 2019.  Oh well, Chapayev is no more than a stepping stone - not a ship I anticipate keeping except for snowflakes.

Shchors on the other hand - I will have to grind her out again in any case, and I've had sufficient 100K-plus damage games in her in co-op that she might have earned herself a permacamo by the time all this is over.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,740 posts
21,487 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Aren't we all?

If it looks like I have enough to get Hayate and FXP to Moskva, I will do both, chipping away slowly at the Chapayev until the day before I need the Moskva to be in my port. Unless I manage to improve my credit situation massively (I am down to about 9 million), I would rather not buy the Donskoi before I have to get the Moskva. 

Of course if we get the Alexander Nevskiy in port in the Moskva's place when she's pulled to premium, that could provide a ready source of funds to top up... I have a feeling even getting the Moskva alone is going to clean me out.

I am sort of regretting not getting the Chapayev victory camo instead of the Vlad one, but I figured I would have looked like an idiot if I got the Chappy one and then picked up a Chapayev Halloween camo later in 2019.  Oh well, Chapayev is no more than a stepping stone - not a ship I anticipate keeping except for snowflakes.

Shchors on the other hand - I will have to grind her out again in any case, and I've had sufficient 100K-plus damage games in her in co-op that she might have earned herself a permacamo by the time all this is over.

Shchors is a much more potent ship than I expected. She is probably worth that permacamo! I had multiple 200k+ Narai games with her and that usually only happens with Hotlanta or Flint. Her AP shreds those cruisers...

Members
3,085 posts
6,617 battles
41 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Noticed the cruiser line split and also decided to grind to Moskva. Finished the Shchors in 10 Narai battles.

It's now a coin-toss as to whether I grind thru Chaps and Donskoi to get Moskva or just free XP to her. Probably do the grind as I have 3 other purposes for my free XP - Hayate and Smaland (wondering the cost...) and a regrind another free XP of the IJN DD line for remaining RB points for Colbert. I'm looking at bringing in 4 T10 and one T5 premium when the Russian cruiser split happens - plus the T6 London in the 9.1 Brit CA event.

18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Aren't we all?

Oh well, Chapayev is no more than a stepping stone - not a ship I anticipate keeping except for snowflakes.

This is kind of what I am doing. I am sitting on 1.8M FXP knowing that it's not enough for Hayate and Smaland both, but I'm so tempted to just finish the D.M. Donskoi grind for FXP. Only the lack of credits was holding me back... I figure no point in FXP-ing to a ship I can't buy anyway. I am one or two matches away from the Chapayev B hull and finding her to be a pretty good ship.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
11 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I am sitting on 1.8M FXP knowing that it's not enough for Hayate and Smaland both

I have elected to focus on Hayate. Smaland looks interesting with the ultra-fast torpedoes, but my history with the French destroyers in co-op has not been good above about Tier 4 and I'm concerned about the Swedes. I don't want to blow a huge chunk of FXP on a ship which won't suit me in a mode I play a lot of. I have a feeling that I won't particularly care if I don't win any pre-release Euro DD's because I'll want to take this line up very carefully right from the bottom (and thank God I grabbed the Blys for coal; I can take a pan-Euro captain all the way up from scratch, retraining him as I go).

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,740 posts
21,487 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have elected to focus on Hayate. Smaland looks interesting with the ultra-fast torpedoes, but my history with the French destroyers in co-op has not been good above about Tier 4 and I'm concerned about the Swedes. I don't want to blow a huge chunk of FXP on a ship which won't suit me in a mode I play a lot of. I have a feeling that I won't particularly care if I don't win any pre-release Euro DD's because I'll want to take this line up very carefully right from the bottom (and thank God I grabbed the Blys for coal; I can take a pan-Euro captain all the way up from scratch, retraining him as I go).

Swedes??? Those are bona fide Your-O-Peon DD's... :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As a consequence of this interesting development...

...and the promise of picking up at "Tier 10 premium ship" for nothing more than the cost of a line grind, I dropped everything else and started spamming the hell out of my Soviet cruisers, playing some co-op games in the Izmail on the side while waiting for my Shchors to come back to port. Izmail can be nasty fun in co-op - two blappings in two salvoes that would have been Dev Strikes if co-op gave those out.

Grabbed the Chapayev Sunday evening, then chilled out by co-op spamming ARP Myoko with Yamamoto on board.

I did something I have not done before:  Spent FXP up to the Shchors and I have all sorts of Russian Captains in reserve.  I'm holding off buying up to the Moskva for a couple of days to see if that makes any sense?  When is the end date for this process before they go to premium status?   I will still have well over a million FXP after that purchase and I've always held out hope the Musashi became available again......

Other than that, played a little bit.  The clan got into Narai and we experienced the problems addressed above, and a lot more outright bizarre behaviors, and we were able to carry the results to no losses but several 2 and 3 star finishes.....  Holy crap, I'm not sure what was in the beer this weekend but.............geesh, people just wouldn't listen to anything we suggested !!!  Like ramming the MO intentionally....with a DD.......  Or, as above with BB's all over the map camping.  Or, three ships chasing the transports and then, running away from the lone DD........  Or, my favorite, no one even trying to chase the carrier because: "there are to many enemy ships over there"......sigh........

So, a meh weekend.  The ARP ships are long in the reclamation portion of my port and I doubt will ever see combat but, there were free.......  To what purpose, only the Schwartz knows.....

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

When is the end date for this process before they go to premium status?

Uncertain. The stream on which Crysantos & Mr Conway talked about this mentioned EU destroyers after British cruisers and then this after EU destroyers.

What follows is my surmise and supposition, and should not be taken as WG gospel. 

Given that a line release almost always has a pre-release and then a full release phase, I would expect the Russian cruiser split no earlier than 0.9.4.

We are currently in 0.9.0, with 0.9.1 due to drop Wednesday and that is the second half of the British cruiser arc. Four weeks, from mid-February to mid-March.

If the Euro DD arc is two patches, as has hitherto been the case, that means 0.9.2 and 0.9.3 will be devoted to it. HOWEVER, if they decide to run a Space Battles patch to cover March-April, that would push pan-Euro DDs back to 0.9.3 and 0.9.4. The only way to know whether that is going to happen is to wait for the first PTS/Developer bulletin in the second week (approximately) of 0.9.1, when it becomes roughly clear what 0.9.2 is going to be.

The time frame is therefore unsettled - anything from 12 to 16 weeks, but I would bet on 12 to be safe. 

Because this is going to be a line split starting at Tier 8 (branching off from Shchors), I'm not sure we can count on a pre-release phase. I have my finger on the FXP trigger if necessary, but I hope to minimize that if not totally obviate it. In the meantime I will build up my credit reserves, in the hope that I need to sell as few ships as possible to finance Moskva. I am sure we will know in plenty of time, but if it comes early then as a last resort I will pull the FXP trigger and hock ships I don't sail much if at all, the day the patch notes come out (which will be the last day to have her in port in order to get the benefits).

T5 Kirov is also becoming a premium; and since you have already FXP'd through her, I would buy her and shove a token commander into her.

12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

The clan got into Narai and we experienced the problems addressed above, and a lot more outright bizarre behaviors

@Femennenly has stated outright that Narai is being pulled in 0.9.1 for repair. Evidently it has become so diseased and corrupt that a simple hotfix won't work. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Uncertain. The stream on which Crysantos & Mr Conway talked about this mentioned EU destroyers after British cruisers and then this after EU destroyers.

What follows is my surmise and supposition, and should not be taken as WG gospel. 

Given that a line release almost always has a pre-release and then a full release phase, I would expect the Russian cruiser split no earlier than 0.9.4.

We are currently in 0.9.0, with 0.9.1 due to drop Wednesday and that is the second half of the British cruiser arc. Four weeks, from mid-February to mid-March.

If the Euro DD arc is two patches, as has hitherto been the case, that means 0.9.2 and 0.9.3 will be devoted to it. HOWEVER, if they decide to run a Space Battles patch to cover March-April, that would push pan-Euro DDs back to 0.9.3 and 0.9.4. The only way to know whether that is going to happen is to wait for the first PTS/Developer bulletin in the second week (approximately) of 0.9.1, when it becomes roughly clear what 0.9.2 is going to be.

The time frame is therefore unsettled - anything from 12 to 16 weeks, but I would bet on 12 to be safe. 

Because this is going to be a line split starting at Tier 8 (branching off from Shchors), I'm not sure we can count on a pre-release phase. I have my finger on the FXP trigger if necessary, but I hope to minimize that if not totally obviate it. In the meantime I will build up my credit reserves, in the hope that I need to sell as few ships as possible to finance Moskva. I am sure we will know in plenty of time, but if it comes early then as a last resort I will pull the FXP trigger and hock ships I don't sail much if at all, the day the patch notes come out (which will be the last day to have her in port in order to get the benefits).

T5 Kirov is also becoming a premium; and since you have already FXP'd through her, I would buy her and shove a token commander into her.

@Femennenly has stated outright that Narai is being pulled in 0.9.1 for repair. Evidently it has become so diseased and corrupt that a simple hotfix won't work. 

First off, thanks for the recap on the Cruisers !  Many thanks there.

I'm going to hold fire on the Moskva and keep adding to the FXP.   Credits aren't even remotely an issue at 632 Million.  I was not all that interested in the Russian ships, even though I have a lot of Russian ships from crates and events !!!  Now, I figure, why not......

Uh Oh on the Fem note:  that doesn't bode well......   I have a great and growing concern that Narai will not be placed back into rotation because that mode has a "good ROI" for the players !  As Cherry Blossom did and that Scenario will not be put back either...  The game is "drawing in" value and limiting earnings to boost throughput !!!  The last thing they need is a "value added" scenario and so, it will be eliminated as the others have been scrapped....  Look, they added a change themselves a few patches ago (the wandering transport ship) I suspect, that just happens to degrade ROI.....  Then, players started blocking the transports and we got back to where we were value wise....  This doesn't bode well for us and I bet, if we ask Fem or any of the others in Texas, all they will say is: "we'll let you know when we know"....  And, Cherry Blossom has been gone how long???  Oh boy, that will kill us as a clan......it's one of the few things we look forward to anymore....

Thanks for the data....! 

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,089 battles
26 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

First off, thanks for the recap on the Cruisers !  Many thanks there.

I'm going to hold fire on the Moskva and keep adding to the FXP.   Credits aren't even remotely an issue at 632 Million.  I was not all that interested in the Russian ships, even though I have a lot of Russian ships from crates and events !!!  Now, I figure, why not......

Uh Oh on the Fem note:  that doesn't bode well......   I have a great and growing concern that Narai will not be placed back into rotation because that mode has a "good ROI" for the players !  As Cherry Blossom did and that Scenario will not be put back either...  The game is "drawing in" value and limiting earnings to boost throughput !!!  The last thing they need is a "value added" scenario and so, it will be eliminated as the others have been scrapped....  Look, they added a change themselves a few patches ago (the wandering transport ship) I suspect, that just happens to degrade ROI.....  Then, players started blocking the transports and we got back to where we were value wise....  This doesn't bode well for us and I bet, if we ask Fem or any of the others in Texas, all they will say is: "we'll let you know when we know"....  And, Cherry Blossom has been gone how long???  Oh boy, that will kill us as a clan......it's one of the few things we look forward to anymore....

Thanks for the data....! 

We're hoping for Narai to return it in a patch or two if the fix works out as intended. Cherry blossom is a different issue since it has not yet been redesigned since the change to CVs. We have no intention to degrade the player experience for our Co-op/Operations players, thus why we're taking the time to take down the content and fix it so it can be enjoyed how it is intended to be.

Fem,

• Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Cherry blossom is a different issue since it has not yet been redesigned since the change to CVs.

At this stage, I think the Cherry Blossom fans would be prepared to take their chances with Rework AI dive and torpedo bombers and accept whatever happens on a guinea-pig basis. 

Out of curiosity - what will be the status of Pan-Asia should this operation ever return? Is she counted as Allied (eligible) or not? Certainly both the T8 cruisers she has are derivatives of Allied ships.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
2,256 posts
16,089 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

At this stage, I think the Cherry Blossom fans would be prepared to take their chances with Rework AI dive and torpedo bombers and accept whatever happens on a guinea-pig basis. 

Out of curiosity - what will be the status of Pan-Asia should this operation ever return? Is she counted as Allied (eligible) or not? Certainly both the T8 cruisers she has are derivatives of Allied ships.

Its more the automisation of when things occur which is the issue.

Absolutely no idea on where Pan-Asia would fall on this to be honest.

• Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
Just now, Femennenly said:

Its more the automisation of when things occur which is the issue.

Interesting - I would have thought an airplane attack is an airplane attack, regardless of when delivered, so long as the weapon being used was identical.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

We're hoping for Narai to return it in a patch or two if the fix works out as intended. Cherry blossom is a different issue since it has not yet been redesigned since the change to CVs. We have no intention to degrade the player experience for our Co-op/Operations players, thus why we're taking the time to take down the content and fix it so it can be enjoyed how it is intended to be.

Fem,

Thanks for the reply !

But, I am very skeptical anymore.  Cherry Blossom should have been returned a long time ago....  Yes, Carrier's significantly changed but, remember, your team designed, tested and fielded those changes !  Am I to believe, that somehow, the plane intensive scenario was "just forgotten about" in that testing period???  Having run high tech Program/Project for decades, I don't think that a corporation of your size would "Oooops" an entire deliverable directly tied to a major product change and event...   Some have speculated that AA was the real issue because of the level CB played at.....  Of course, I'd love to know the real reason that CB is stuck in change development.  The real reason is important in the calculation of value many of us use in determining whether we want to "invest" in this game; simply just play it till it implodes; or, as many have done, leave the game either by retiring or by uninstalling....  Your team makes those choices for many of us, not by your words but rather, by your actions.  I'd like to stay for a while yet so, throw some rope to those of us in the deep end of the pool......!

Please take into consideration that some of us are now only playing COOP (with the quasi Mercy Rule exploit eating at us) and Scenarios (CB being gone.  Narai being updated and its future unknown....) 

Thanks and I hope you see where I am coming from....... 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Interesting - I would have thought an airplane attack is an airplane attack, regardless of when delivered, so long as the weapon being used was identical.

I don't believe it is even an airplane issue my friend, it's an AA issue at the level this Scenario runs....  AA is automated and I bet that since AA has been tinkered with for Randoms and everything else, AA simply might implode the scenarios intent one way or another....  Of course, as I said above, it makes no sense to tinker with planes at the level they have and simply ignored a scenario that uses those same tools they just changed !?!?  It makes no sense.

[FEM]
2,256 posts
16,089 battles
18 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Thanks for the reply !

But, I am very skeptical anymore.  Cherry Blossom should have been returned a long time ago....  Yes, Carrier's significantly changed but, remember, your team designed, tested and fielded those changes !  Am I to believe, that somehow, the plane intensive scenario was "just forgotten about" in that testing period???  Having run high tech Program/Project for decades, I don't think that a corporation of your size would "Oooops" an entire deliverable directly tied to a major product change and event...   Some have speculated that AA was the real issue because of the level CB played at.....  Of course, I'd love to know the real reason that CB is stuck in change development.  The real reason is important in the calculation of value many of us use in determining whether we want to "invest" in this game; simply just play it till it implodes; or, as many have done, leave the game either by retiring or by uninstalling....  Your team makes those choices for many of us, not by your words but rather, by your actions.  I'd like to stay for a while yet so, throw some rope to those of us in the deep end of the pool......!

Please take into consideration that some of us are now only playing COOP (with the quasi Mercy Rule exploit eating at us) and Scenarios (CB being gone.  Narai being updated and its future unknown....) 

Thanks and I hope you see where I am coming from....... 

No, it wasn't forgotten, we are well aware of the PvE community's desire to have this operation brought back. Right now it comes down to resources. As mentioned above, Cherry Blossom does have issues with the planes and how they are configured for the operation, something that hasn't been redesigned for the rework - its not a case of AA. 

Currently due to the limited popularity of PvE content, resources have been scaled in relation to this. As such, we don't have much to work on this content, it is being worked on, just slower than what you'd all like - just the way it is unfortunately. So the return you'll probably give me; "Why are you fixing Narai now then?". We believe the fix for this mode "should" be pretty straight forward as as such we can provide a small QoL improvement to our PvE players, while we continue to chip away at longer term projects. 

Fem, 

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

No, it wasn't forgotten, we are well aware of the PvE community's desire to have this operation brought back. Right now it comes down to resources. As mentioned above, Cherry Blossom does have issues with the planes and how they are configured for the operation, something that hasn't been redesigned for the rework - its not a case of AA. 

Currently due to the limited popularity of PvE content, resources have been scaled in relation to this. As such, we don't have much to work on this content, it is being worked on, just slower than what you'd all like - just the way it is unfortunately. So the return you'll probably give me; "Why are you fixing Narai now then?". We believe the fix for this mode "should" be pretty straight forward as as such we can provide a small QoL improvement to our PvE players, while we continue to chip away at longer term projects. 

Fem, 

Again, thanks for the reply. 

Limited popularity?  Now that, I just don't understand at all.  PVE is where most Random players come to when events roll in.  A large number of us "live there" because of several reason this post isn't about....  Scenarios give us something to do as clans/teams because we don't have the players necessary for Clan Battles; nor, even want to be associated with Randoms and that meta silliness.....   Ouch ! 

Well, if PVE is the lesser of two evils, that will be an interesting topic of discussion tonight with the clan........  Oh boy, this is gonna be interesting. 

And, I remain as skeptical now; and, have far less hope with the facts you have relayed.....  At least I know now.

Again, thanks !