You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

WG, Can We Change the Black Ships' Camo Category?

13 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,878 posts
16,333 battles

Let me say again I really appreciate and like the change to the Additional Content Menu to actually "hide" a ship's camo and retain it's benefits.

That said, can the Black Ships be put in a category other than Special ships - Decorative?  Perhaps Historical ships - Painting like the Normandie?  They are after all, just a different color ... but I'd argue they don't belong in a category with all the "Parade Float" camos.  I would guess a lot of people bought them because of the sharp appearance that is the antithesis of a parade float.  The Lenigrad Defense camo is a similar case ... why is it in Parade Float when many other Contest camos are not even classified ... Remembrance Night and Szarza come to mind; even the current VIctorian White is unclassified.

Thanks for considering this ... it would really be nice to turn off "Special ships - Decorative" but still see my Black ship's & Leningrad/Minsk's black camo.

This is "Parade Float" Camo

Spoiler

CamoGoNavy.thumb.jpg.3333cc88685e948ae6ec574a27d558b3.jpgCamoFreedom.thumb.jpg.015ed0c8f7fc05add386dc2ad6c7a848.jpgCamoFrenchDD.thumb.jpg.c22fa3ca2e8897d7ac58572e3c860b86.jpgCamoRussiaVictory.thumb.jpg.7250142f94575109dce1a91ebe798037.jpgCamoNewYear.thumb.jpg.1cca5d16d8de86d61d7dcda807878e33.jpg

This is Not "Parade Float" Camo

Spoiler

CamoBlackSharnhorst.thumb.jpg.1a453eb70eec72bbdc2ac628a4886427.jpgLeningradBlack.thumb.jpg.e4212dae2b73f2724e919d709439c462.jpg

• Cool 7

[4HIM]
Members
3,022 posts
12,650 battles

Yeah.  I turned off the "Decorative" eyesore camo.  I hated the appearance of those things.  Especially the ones that were obtainable for the French DD's as well as some of the Russian camo that looks like cheap curtains.  But it also turned off the Black camo.  Those were tasteful, not like those gaudy eyesores that you have a Parade Floats.  

I'm glad we can now turn off those gaudy eyesores.  Guess the price of it is losing the Black camos.  

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

I agree 100%.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that WG finally gave us the ability to use the tacky, "parade float" camo without having to look at it.  THANK YOU, WG!!! :Smile_great::Smile_medal:

If I play my Black ships, I re-enable Decorative ships, then disable them again when I finish the battle.

I can see there being blurry lines as to what this person defines as gaudy vs another person's gaudy, however.

Members
6,113 posts
7,428 battles

We actually could do this before. The little menu where the different types of camo can be turned on or off used to have both the eye symbol and a checkbox. The eye symbol hid the camo and captains (if it applied) and made the ships look normal. The checkbox hid the ships from the port carousel. 

Not only that, but the list had every camo style on it. For example, you could turn off the USN cruiser Freedom camos, but keep the look of the Dunkerque and Richelieu/Gascone camos. Or you could turn on the space camos, but turn halloween camos off (they might actually still be listed separately, I don't recall exactly).

I wish we could have a more detailed menu again. I'd love to see sub-menus of the different styles, so I can turn off ones I don't want to see and turn on ones I do. If we had extra menus, I could turn off the shark/eagle camos and freedom camos, but keep Dunkerque's Fleur de lis camo visible.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles
41 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

We actually could do this before.

Yes, but before if you deselected a special camo, you could not use it.  With 0.9.0, when you deselect a camo you are turning the special appearance into the appearance of a regular premium camo.

If I turned of ARP, my ARP ships turned stock grey and I couldn't apply another camo.  If I turned off my space camo, they wouldn't show up as an available camo for that ship.  Now, however, I can deselect viewing those camo, but I can still apply them to my ship and reap the benefits of that camo, but it will appear as a more historical camo.

Many of us were requesting this for years.  WG finally implemented it and it is as glorious as I thought it would be!

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,969 battles

Yes, thank you WGing for the ability to shut off the parade camo!  Much nicer not having a giant eagle squatting on my US cruisers.

I also agree with the OP about the black camos. I picked up both the black and regular Graf Zeps this year (in crates) and would like to keep the black camo on one of them without having to turn it on/off. 

Thanks!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,031 battles

Agreed.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,878 posts
16,333 battles
1 hour ago, FCA_Wichita said:

Put this in suggestions too.

Done!  Never really paid attention to that forum before. +1

[EQRN]
Members
2,033 posts
17,512 battles

They’re somewhat inconsistent with their camo grouping - the player camos Helena and Blyska are visible with my settings but the Minsk and Leningrad are not.  I haven’t played my Mass B in awhile, I didn’t realize her camo got wiped out as well!

[BEARS]
Beta Testers
274 posts
8,174 battles

Totally agree.   I detest the carnival camo's enough to not have the Black Friday camo.   Appreciate the effort to give us the benefit of the camo's stats, hope you can come up with a workaround.

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles

I am just glad WG classified space camo in its own category.  I just happened to like some of the space camo skins.  Sometimes I wish you could disable the pew pew sound effect, but you can’t have it all...

Members
6,113 posts
7,428 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes, but before if you deselected a special camo, you could not use it.  With 0.9.0, when you deselect a camo you are turning the special appearance into the appearance of a regular premium camo.

If I turned of ARP, my ARP ships turned stock grey and I couldn't apply another camo.  If I turned off my space camo, they wouldn't show up as an available camo for that ship.  Now, however, I can deselect viewing those camo, but I can still apply them to my ship and reap the benefits of that camo, but it will appear as a more historical camo.

Many of us were requesting this for years.  WG finally implemented it and it is as glorious as I thought it would be!

Yes, the new change is a really good one, but I was referring back to when the different camo styles were listed separately. Now they're grouped together and you either turn all in the group on or off.

I just think that having that part of the old system back, along with the current change would be the best. For example, I personally like the look of the decorative French camos, Fleur de lis and Maid of Orleans(though I missed out on the latter for Richelieu), but I'd rather not have to see the art deco freedom camos and the shark/eagle camo. Currently I can't do that whereas before I could have (I also don't use these camos despite having a few, but the recent change is still good and I wouldn't ever ask for it to be reverted).