gbgentry

Anyone else blocked on Twitter?

45 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
993 posts

I’d “liked” an anti-WG message back during the German carrier release debacle and have been blocked ever since.  Anyone else had similar experiences?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
7 hours ago, gbgentry said:

I’d “liked” an anti-WG message back during the German carrier release debacle and have been blocked ever since.  Anyone else had similar experiences?

What else did you like, write or retweet at about the same time? If it was something political and leaning the wrong way for Twitter's tastes, that's far more likely to be the culprit.

• Cool 3

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,150 battles

I think my Twitter account was hacked some years ago, so I really don't know.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
9 hours ago, gbgentry said:

Quite likely that you did something else around the same time that got you banned.  Liking something isn't going to get you blocked.  At least, I doubt Twitter would do so.

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
279 battles

@op

try using a vpn and change your ip address (or even try from you mobile wireless service)..  I along time ago posted something they did not like and ip banned me (like that works)

they are notorious for banning people that talk bad about them or their game (snowflakes is ever there were any).

If you can't handle criticism then perhaps you should not be in the gaming industry  just a thought,

[REVY]
Members
2,283 posts
12,269 battles
On 2/10/2020 at 6:24 PM, Brhinosaurus said:

[hidden]

no

Most of the threads I have seen locked or 'deleted' in recent memory have been due to what the creator of the thread posted.

I believe there was a particularly interesting one that was deleted and the creator of that post created another complaining about why his post was removed. A Mod provided him with a response.

As for being blocked by Twitter 'liking' something isn't going to get you blocked. Like the chat bans in game, there was likely something else that was posted or 'said' that the OP isn't telling us that was the reason for the block.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
1 hour ago, Immortalem_Lamia said:

they are notorious for banning people that talk bad about them or their game (snowflakes is ever there were any).

I've had quite a few things to say about WOWS that were not necessarily positive, but I've taken care to say them in a way that wasn't openly abusive. If I told them straight-up that they screwed up, I took pains to tell them why. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

2. You SHOULD feel bad for queuing up in a carrier.

This could be construed as bullying or browbeating other players, especially relative newcomers. I won't say more, lest I get this post deleted for discussing moderator activities, but you should be aware of that.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
4 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Snipped for brevity.

That does seem a little thin.  Seeing as how I've seen the same/similar thing posted about HE spammers and DDs.

Any thing I may or may not of posted probably violated a forum rule.

I think there is some inconsistency depending on the moderator.  Probably unavoidable, other than providing a reason.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This could be construed as bullying or browbeating other players, especially relative newcomers. I won't say more, lest I get this post deleted for discussing moderator activities, but you should be aware of that.

yeah you could make a case that I'm hurting some feelings.  Perhaps if I'd expanded that one sentence into an ethics-based argument about the net decrease of enjoyment one creates when adding a carrier to the game I'd have been bulletproof.  But anyhow, I've gotten a couple forum strikes already for hurting feelings, so I know how the process is supposed to work.  I was more surprised by the way my post was just silently modified with no proof other than memory about what it had originally said.  That's highly objectionable in my book, far more so than players sniping at each others about game balance.

Edited by Brhinosaurus

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
11 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Perhaps if I'd expanded that one sentence into an ethics-based argument about the net decrease of enjoyment one creates when adding a carrier to the game I'd have been bulletproof.

Perhaps, but then you get people like me who aren't the greatest player alive - in CV or in any other type - but who are prepared to have s**t games because of CV interference in our plans because we take our turns on the dishing-out end too.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Perhaps, but then you get people like me who aren't the greatest player alive - in CV or in any other type - but who are prepared to have s**t games because of CV interference in our plans because we take our turns on the dishing-out end too.

Certainly!  You don't have to agree with me.  Debate me if you want, or reprimand me if you really think I overstepped.  But don't try to make it look like the opinions you don't like were never expressed to begin with.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,404 posts
15,850 battles

Twitter is a sewer. I blocked myself years ago.

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
993 posts
12 hours ago, Gasboy said:

Quite likely that you did something else around the same time that got you banned.  Liking something isn't going to get you blocked.  At least, I doubt Twitter would do so.

It’s not Twitter that blocked me.  WoWs blocked me from reading their posts on their Twitter.

Members
265 posts
4,837 battles

Many people on Twitter use blocking services.  They're automated.  I got blocked by deadmau5 because I retweeted a comment from a known bootlegger (who had a reputation for leaking unreleased songs).  It was a nice comment, complimentary of the mau5, but the author was on his banned list.  So I got blocked. 

That's when I learned about the automated systems. I couldn't figure out initially why I would have been blocked. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,782 posts
4,631 battles

Twitter?  How would I know?  Why would I care?

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
20 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Certainly!  You don't have to agree with me.  Debate me if you want, or reprimand me if you really think I overstepped.  But don't try to make it look like the opinions you don't like were never expressed to begin with.

Debate? On the forums? Are you crazy? 

• Funny 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
15 hours ago, gbgentry said:

It’s not Twitter that blocked me.  WoWs blocked me from reading their posts on their Twitter.

Okay, but I doubt that they would block you for simply liking an "anti-WoWs" post.

And even still, so what?

I still think it far more likely that they've blocked you for comments you have made to them on Twitter.

Alpha Tester
595 posts
15,623 battles

OP, you probably posted some conservative content on twitter, twits hate conservatives.

Edit: See they don't even like it being talked about.

• Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,905 battles

I wonder what you have written there.