You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Otago_F111

Tech tree prices ... not what they seem?

17 comments in this topic

[AN2AC]
Members
106 posts
8,255 battles

So Ive been trying to smash out the 3 remaining T10 ships to get the UU before closure and each time the visual XP needed in the tech tree is different to the actual XP when you click on it?

am I missing something? this one is for the Zao, but Hindenburg and Des Moines were the same.  need another 40k before tomorrow.

zao 1.jpg

zao 2.jpg

• Boring 1

Members
5,364 posts

That's because you didn't take into account module costs on the T9 Ibuki in the direct line to Zao. Extra 42000 for the B hull on the Ibuki before you can get Zao.  238000+42000 = 280000.

You can ignore the 20000 torpedo module, and the 22000 GFCS module, because they're not in the direct line to Zao.

image.png.3768d512496c91a611c865229d2dd5d4.png

[AN2AC]
Members
106 posts
8,255 battles

Right that would do it, thanks for your help brother, dither solved.

Any mods reading this can delete this post now.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,187 posts
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It makes you upgrade before you can buy.

Actually it just makes you research the upgrades you don't necessarily have to buy them.

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,257 battles
1 hour ago, Otago_F111 said:

So Ive been trying to smash out the 3 remaining T10 ships to get the UU before closure and each time the visual XP needed in the tech tree is different to the actual XP when you click on it?

am I missing something? this one is for the Zao, but Hindenburg and Des Moines were the same.  need another 40k before tomorrow.

zao 1.jpg

zao 2.jpg

so what's a UU?

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,257 battles
11 hours ago, bosco1111 said:

AKA Legendary Upgrade's

ahhh, thanks. I got the one for the Zao, any others worth grinding?

• Cool 5

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,187 posts
On 2/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, Spud_butt said:

D.M. , WOOSTER , GK wasn't impressed with Montys though, it's good for tank build but gotta give up conceal mod

[A-I-M]
Members
3,004 posts
22,002 battles
On 2/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, Spud_butt said:

Zao, Yamato, Moskva seem to be consensus yes; Monty less so, it gives near immunity to fire but makes you visible from the moon; some say that’s not a big deal if CVs are prevalent. 
Groz is a yes if you are comfortable committing to gunboat Grozovoi. 

Players seem to say the rest fall into no, heck no, and play style meme builds (Henri, Mino, full secondary GK) or competitive mode dependent builds. 

Members
1,354 posts
1,286 battles
34 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

D.M. , WOOSTER , GK wasn't impressed with Montys though, it's good for tank build but gotta give up conceal mod

Worcester UU is definitely not worth it.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,187 posts
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Worcester UU is definitely not worth it.

thx for info just got the worcester not to long ago still fitting it out not played much still figuring out cl's,  Those three are my only other T10s figured i'll grind them out before they go behind the wall and if i like them good if not well i'll always find a use for the credits .

Edited by bosco1111
added info

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

for me, I am working on zao, hindy, repub and moskva.      dont' play yammy enough to really warrant it and DM is good from what I've heard.   There is "rebalancing"  coming which means all of them will be buffed and will be mandatory     with simple RB regrind  :D

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,733 posts
4,630 battles
On 2/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, Spud_butt said:

It's a little late for that question, Spud.  About 6 hours hence they will be available only through the Research Bureau, and possibly in mutated form.  I hear Yamato's is a good one, though.  Don't have any myself.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,628 posts
4,994 battles
17 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It's a little late for that question, Spud.  About 6 hours hence they will be available only through the Research Bureau, and possibly in mutated form.  I hear Yamato's is a good one, though.  Don't have any myself.

In about 6 hours you'll not be able to get the tasks for any of the UU, but you have until December 31st to complete any of the tasks that you already have.

[--K--]
Members
1,342 posts
10,164 battles
28 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Not sure the grind was worth it, that extra 7% dispersion is not noticeable at the ranges you have to play Yamo now, with all the HE SPAM that this game devolved into, you’re better off with the extra 2s of reload.

De Moines and Gearing are the only ones I use, because they’re useful, but haven’t really played much of either ship lately.