Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

ARP Myoko question

15 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
2,026 posts
17,410 battles

A number of patches ago, Japanese cruisers got destroyer dispersion.  Does anyone know if the ARP cruisers got the same buff?  

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
387 posts
10,986 battles

Its the same as ijn myoko

[WOLFG]
Members
28,914 posts
8,185 battles
4 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

A number of patches ago, Japanese cruisers got destroyer dispersion.  Does anyone know if the ARP cruisers got the same buff?  

Don't know for sure, but it certainly seems like it.

[EQRN]
Members
2,026 posts
17,410 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Don't know for sure, but it certainly seems like it.

I’m thinking of taking the turret traverse upgrade once the RoF penalty is removed in 9.1.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,914 posts
8,185 battles
Just now, FrodoFraggin said:

I’m thinking of taking the turret traverse upgrade once the RoF penalty is removed in 9.1.

I use it anyway, the extra 0.7 seconds is nothing compared to the extra time often needed to get those guns on target when you can't pre-aim.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles
22 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I use it anyway, the extra 0.7 seconds is nothing compared to the extra time often needed to get those guns on target when you can't pre-aim.

It don't matter if the guns are loaded, if the turrets are still trying to turn towards the target.

Members
6,621 posts
20,609 battles

If only they would do ranked tier 7.... The Myoko is life...…….. such an awesome ship.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,992 posts
23,790 battles
40 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Yes they did.  In terms of combat capabilities, the game considered the Myoko-clones the same as regular Myoko.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.11#203_mm_main_guns_of_Japanese_cruisers

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0711-rule-britannia/

Japanese cruiser Chikuma
HE shells of main guns:

Damage was reduced from 2,600 to 2,500
The chance of causing fire was reduced from 13% to 9%
Main battery reload time was reduced from 12 to 11.5 seconds
These changes bring cruisers’ shells in line with the same parameters of shells used for similar guns. Due to the unification of shell parameters in combination with shell performance degradation, the ship has had the reload time of its main battery reduced.

203 mm main guns of Japanese cruisers
Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, Atago, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi, and ARP Takao now have improved accuracy, similar to that of cruiser Zao. This change emphasizes one of the prominent features of these ships: good damage from a full salvo, but with a relatively low rate of fire.

To raise their battle performance and bring them in line with same-type ships, the following improvements were implemented on Japanese cruisers:

Japanese cruisers Myoko, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, and ARP Nachi
Turret traverse speed was increased from 4 to 5 deg/s

Japanese cruiser Ibuki
Main battery reload time was reduced from 15 to 13.7 s

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles
54 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

If only they would do ranked tier 7.... The Myoko is life...…….. such an awesome ship.

Not so much for me...

From a low of 25% to a high of 60%, my aggregate wr across the five ships is 41.6%.

Members
6,621 posts
20,609 battles
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not so much for me...

From a low of 25% to a high of 60%, my aggregate wr across the five ships is 41.6%.

its a baby Zao. So much fun.

[SALVO]
Members
24,776 posts
25,829 battles
50 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

its a baby Zao. So much fun.

Not a bad way to describe it.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles
2 hours ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Unfortunately T7 kind of ruined by a certain British light cruiser. Flint is also a real pain, and Sinop makes every other BB irrelevant (except maybe Scharn). Last time they did T7 Ranked it was simply a Belfast/Flint smokefest. So while there are a couple fun ship, it's pretty much ruined by a few other ships.

The ARP clones received the same buffs the Myoko did. But I agree with some others, the turret traverse really kills the ship for me.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,992 posts
23,790 battles
26 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Unfortunately T7 kind of ruined by a certain British light cruiser. Flint is also a real pain, and Sinop makes every other BB irrelevant (except maybe Scharn). Last time they did T7 Ranked it was simply a Belfast/Flint smokefest. So while there are a couple fun ship, it's pretty much ruined by a few other ships.

The ARP clones received the same buffs the Myoko did. But I agree with some others, the turret traverse really kills the ship for me.

The Myokos have traditionally done alright in VII Ranked.  If not in WR% then they were pretty good damage farmers at least.  For Cruisers that tier in Ranked, it's the realm of Belfast, Fiji.  Flint also "back in the day," but I think a lot of that had to do with the type of player that played Flint at the time.  Steel outside the Ranked / Clan Battles crowd in that era wasn't really a thing.  It was a time when you saw Flint, Black, or those other Steel Ships, they demanded respect because of the players using such ships.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,187 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

and Sinop makes every other BB irrelevant (except maybe Scharn).

Eh not so much, just watch them, flank them, then blap them when you catch them broadside.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
4 hours ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Belfast totally rules the T7 ranked.  It has too many tools in its toolbox for a mode with only a few ships.

The Myoko and its ARP clones are nice ships.  They are a bit sluggish in handling, but hit hard.  They are a good kite ship.  I've used them before and done well, but that was before the meta changed with all the ships that have power crept at that tier.

Sign in to follow this