destawaits

★ Arknights Discussion Thread ★

234 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

I assume that, since people here play Azur Lane, some must have also hopped onto Yostar's Arknights bandwagon.

Here's one of my drops today:

Screenshot_2020-02-09-01-14-58-521_com.YoStarEN.Arknights.thumb.jpg.1e7dd0f9c03a332d56e70058d37f2309.jpg

Has a gacha tower defense game this unique been done before? This is a whole nother level of strategy.

[HSD]
Members
704 posts
12,392 battles

Last drop I had of note was Ptilopsis.

Though I did go on a bit of a crazy streak:

6D174737-9F4B-41C6-840B-A8CABC10AF43.thumb.png.056e433e7f36d0b61c9bb34c26a2e787.png

Oof, resource hit was huge, wont be doing that for a bit.

Beta Testers
10,825 posts

Working up on my collection but I don't want to spend too much with me still busy on GFL.  So far among the rarer ones I have gotten.  I have a number of units I have not even touched yet so I might stop rolling for now and work on what I have.  Still need Exusiai however.

LYOaNbf.jpg

GPum7uJ.jpg

Both have some screws loose in their heads.  

Edited by Eisennagel

[HSD]
Members
704 posts
12,392 battles

Some very solid Operators in there, that lineup will serve well for quite a while. You are absolutely set with Medics to.

Kroos as a Sniper is worth investing into for the game in this early stage, just play the game muted to preserve excess sanity loss though.

Normally I would also suggest Melantha as her attack power is very good for her rarity but you have Skadi.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles
12 hours ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

Kroos

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO!!!

12 hours ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

Melantha

She's actually a 5-star operator. Her base attack is insane and she's cheap and fast to deploy.

Edited by destawaits
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
10,825 posts
12 hours ago, destawaits said:

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO

KO KO DAYO!!!

She's actually a 5-star operator. Her base attack is insane and she's cheap and fast to deploy.

Kroos challenging your sanity.

Doesn't sound bad when you put a music background to it.

I have not upgraded Melantha with all the other Vanguards I got including Siege and Texas.  But maybe I should, as the three stars are far easier and sooner to reach their full potential than 5 or 6 stars.

Plus I like her art and voice work.

Edited by Eisennagel

Beta Testers
10,825 posts

The Ursus trio of Gum, Istina and Zima singing Katyusha.  This recalls back the GuP scene of Katyusha singing the same.

Edited by Eisennagel

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

Me in GT-6, initially:

image0-1.thumb.jpg.6bc4bc22f0f4038a1afa93ed32154560.jpg

Then I learned Big Bob doesn't need to be blocked

• Funny 1

[HSD]
Members
704 posts
12,392 battles

I had Texas holding position on the left initially as nothing was getting through until Big Bob. Used her ability for a stall then once she went down immediate swap into Hoshiguma. Hoshiguma held for a while then I swapped into Liskarm for the finisher. Like you I was also "must block him here and now!" Been too lazy to redo the auto-deploy ever since.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles
15 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

I had Texas holding position on the left initially as nothing was getting through until Big Bob. Used her ability for a stall then once she went down immediate swap into Hoshiguma. Hoshiguma held for a while then I swapped into Liskarm for the finisher. Like you I was also "must block him here and now!" Been too lazy to redo the auto-deploy ever since.

I had to redo the auto because it was too unstable. Wraiths would get through because everyone was distracted by Bob. Plus, the 2 medics used to heal the defender wastes a ton of potential for DPS.

Retreat your troops like a good dokutah

Edited by destawaits

[HSD]
Members
704 posts
12,392 battles

The auto works reliably for me, been 100% perfect clears, just too lazy to fine tune.

But yeah a heck of a lot easier if I had just let Bob through. :fish_boom:

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles
25 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

The auto works reliably for me, been 100% perfect clears, just too lazy to fine tune.

But yeah a heck of a lot easier if I had just let Bob through. :fish_boom:

Maybe faster, even

Beta Testers
10,825 posts

Have not leveled up Skadi or Melantha, as I keep hoarding up battle records, and only level characters as I need.  Currently my Vanguard needs are satisfied with both Siege and Texas.

Some news.  

Good point.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

Big Adam can go die. I forgot you could prevent him from reaching the goal by switching the roadblocks around and lost sleep because of that.

Edited by destawaits

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles
On 2/9/2020 at 9:53 PM, Eisennagel said:

Working up on my collection but I don't want to spend too much with me still busy on GFL.  So far among the rarer ones I have gotten.  I have a number of units I have not even touched yet so I might stop rolling for now and work on what I have.  Still need Exusiai however.

Can I add you? I might need to borrow your support units.

Erebus#1792

Beta Testers
10,825 posts

Twitch or YouTube streaming and videos of YouTubers doing gacha rolls has been on the rise with gacha gaming.  

This YouTuber is going bananas --- which is an understatement --- trying to gacha the new six star Eyja.  Oh I got her right off in my first roll.

[HSD]
Members
704 posts
12,392 battles

I managed to snag Ifrit through recruit tags and got Eyja a while ago so I just rolled enough to get the guaranteed 5 star which was Mayer.

I am for better or worse holding off on trying for  6 and 5 star dupes until I fill out the overall roster more.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles
16 hours ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

I managed to snag Ifrit through recruit tags and got Eyja a while ago so I just rolled enough to get the guaranteed 5 star which was Mayer.

I am for better or worse holding off on trying for  6 and 5 star dupes until I fill out the overall roster more.

I'll just sit here and wait for Ch'en banner.

Thank you Yostar for the lucky drops and tags

Screenshot_2020-02-23-14-24-59-845_com.YoStarEN.Arknights.thumb.jpg.d553b75656c9844a96d1963e079d4484.jpg

Screenshot_2020-02-23-14-25-16-422_com.YoStarEN.Arknights.thumb.jpg.058cd5be595166148bd53dd396742078.jpg

Screenshot_2020-02-23-14-29-26-660_com.YoStarEN.Arknights.thumb.jpg.1bc376becad3176b6e9480e45c1c0af6.jpg

Beta Testers
10,825 posts
20 hours ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

I have not gotten Ifrit yet, but I wasn't trying as I am not sure if I need another arts caster having Eyja already and Angelica from previous.  I'm going to save a bit and see if there is banner for Exusai or save for Chen or Kalstit.   I still have a number of units that have not been leveled yet or reached a level of potential so I need to build up my resources first and explore my existing units first.   Right now I'm a bit behind in my leveling.

Beta Testers
10,825 posts

Watchmojo makes a sponsored vide of Arknights about 10 best practical operators in the game.  The choices creates an uproar among players.  What!!??  Did Watchmojo lose its marbles and mojo?  

Youtuber decides to test Watchmojo's selections by throwing all 10 units on one of the toughest missions in the game, and the results proved surprising.

Edited by Eisennagel

Beta Testers
10,825 posts

Tectone goes nuts again  this time trying to land Ch'en.   Finally got Ch'en myself, after whaling a bit, along the way, managed to get two off banner six stars, "Apple Pie" Exusiai and Ishtar.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

On 2/24/2020 at 8:47 PM, Eisennagel said:

Watchmojo makes a sponsored vide of Arknights about 10 best practical operators in the game.  The choices creates an uproar among players.  What!!??  Did Watchmojo lose its marbles and mojo?  

List makes no sense; it's like they tested out 10 operators they happened to get (Deepcolor is only available through headhunting) and threw together a list.

About what you expect from mojowatch.

lol Tectone