You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN

The new T10 Moskva replacement.

12 comments in this topic

Members
118 posts
4,987 battles

I decided to grind Moskva before she gets replaced. This way I can basically get 2 heavy cruisers for the price of one. However I'm looking for a little insight on how WG has handled this situation in the past. If I purchase Moskva will I need to re-research/re-purchase the T10 replacement, or will I just get it. In the past when Cleveland was bumped to T8 I had her as the T6 version. When the switch was made, I got BOTH the new Cleveland and the ship that replaced her at T6. I would like to know what WG plans to do here so I can appropriately divy out my credits. I.E. keep or sell Donskoi.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Based on precedence (which is no guarantee it will work that way again), you would receive the replacement ship. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,976 posts
20,643 battles
35 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

I decided to grind Moskva before she gets replaced. This way I can basically get 2 heavy cruisers for the price of one. However I'm looking for a little insight on how WG has handled this situation in the past. If I purchase Moskva will I need to re-research/re-purchase the T10 replacement, or will I just get it. In the past when Cleveland was bumped to T8 I had her as the T6 version. When the switch was made, I got BOTH the new Cleveland and the ship that replaced her at T6. I would like to know what WG plans to do here so I can appropriately divy out my credits. I.E. keep or sell Donskoi.

Based upon all line splits in WOWS history:

You will get replacement ship.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

48 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Based on precedence (which is no guarantee it will work that way again), you would receive the replacement ship. 

31 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Based upon all line splits in WOWS history:

You will get replacement ship.

They specifically stated they had not decided how to handle it in this case.  This is different because it isn't just tech tree ships being shuffled this time.  Two of the current tech tree ships are being made premium/special and owners will have their ships converted.

Members
4,332 posts
11,177 battles

If it works like other line splits where ships get retiered, you’ll get both the new version of the moving ship (in this case Moskva or Kirov) and the replacement in the tech tree along with any xp remaining in the tech tree position (for example, t6 Cleveland’s xp stayed at the t6 position on the main line instead of going to the t8 split line position with t8 Cleveland) and permacamos both going to the new ship and staying with the original tier (so a t6 Cleveland permacamo would have given you a t8 Cleveland and t6 Pensacola permacamo). 

Of course that’s all based on ships moving around in a tech tree instead of getting removed from the tech tree and becoming premiums. WG has confirmed that you will keep the new premiums if you have the tech tree version in port when the split goes live, and the new ships will get the standard premium permacamos based on tier. They’re still not sure about any other compensation including whether we’ll get the replacement tech tree ship or will have to grind it out, or what happens for the people who bought the tech tree permacamo for Moskva (although that would most likely result in getting a doubloon refund for the camo or getting a permacamo for the replacing t10 CL). 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,907 posts
15,236 battles

Based on all the previous line split, that included ship in tier shifted, moved up or down, replaced, then yes, you will get the same tier replacement

But if the line split that included brand new ship, for example, the recent Brit heavy cruiser line, where WG gave brand new ship, then you get early access event

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,119 posts
7,955 battles

If past precedents are anything to go by, your Moskva will be replaced by the Aleksandr Nevsky, and you'll be required to grind all the new ships in the line split, (Tallinn, Riga, Petropavlovsk).

Edited by yashma

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,084 battles
2 minutes ago, yashma said:

If past precedents are anything to go by, your Moskva will be replaced by the Aleksandr Nevsky, and you'll be required to grind all the new ships in the line split, (Tallinn, Riga, Petropavlovsk).

Does Kuznetsov have value in this new line, or should he just stick to BBs?

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,119 posts
7,955 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Does Kuznetsov have value in this new line, or should he just stick to BBs?

It's hard to say without knowing more about the ships.  Based on educated guesswork, the new CAs look like they'll be well armored cruisers with good survivability geared towards close quarters fighting with Soviet BB style dispersion so I'd imagine Kuzentsov would work well with the line...but at the same time I think he'd probably still have more value in the Kreml.  

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
12 minutes ago, yashma said:

Just so. 

In the US CA/CL split, those who had the Cleveland elevated to Tier 8 Cleveland recieved that ship in full fuctionality, but still had to grind Tier 6 Dallas and Tier 7 Helena.  We had to fill in the gaps but were able to play the higher Tier Cleveland from the 'get go'.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,976 posts
20,643 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

They specifically stated they had not decided how to handle it in this case.  This is different because it isn't just tech tree ships being shuffled this time.  Two of the current tech tree ships are being made premium/special and owners will have their ships converted.

I have 1 ship that turned premium due to a line split before....

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I have 1 ship that turned premium due to a line split before....

Which one?