You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_Hf93Jbjm9WjT

Soviets need more (tier 10) ships

27 comments in this topic

Members
4,302 posts

title/

(or just use flextape to keep my mouth shut) 

spotted this useful comparison on WOWS reddit, the comments are fun

Spoiler

• USSR (9 ships):
    Kremlin, Slava, Stalingrad, Moskva, Alexnader Nevsky, Petropavlovsk, Smolensk, Grozovoi, Khabarovsk.
  • USA (9 ships):
    Montana, Ohio, Des Moines, Salem, Puerto Rico, Worcester, Gearing, Somers, Midway.
  • Japan (8 ships):
    Yamato, Yashima, Zao, Yoshino, Shimakaze, Harugumo, Hayate, Hakuryu.
  • France (6 ships):
    Republique, Bourgogne, Henri IV, Colbert, Kleber, Marceau.
  • UK (6 ships):
    Conqueror, Thunderer, Goliath, Minotaur, Daring, Audacious.
  • Germany (3 ships):
    Kurfurst, Hindenburg, Z52.
  • Italy (2 ships)
    Venezia, Paolo Emilio
  • IKEA (1 ship)
    Smaland
  • Pan Asia (1 ship)
    Yueyang
  • Pan America (0 ship)
  • Commonwealth (0 ship)

What was that about Germany?

Before anyone says, RU = biggest server. No it is not the biggest server, the ASIA server is the fastest growing, the EU server is the healthiest, (highest stable population), the NA server is aneamic, the RU server has been in steady decline since 2015/

So, I ask the obvious question, the question you are all asking yourselves, why no Soviet CV?!

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2

0 posts

also this proves that the Soviets are still a WOWS minority, having fewer tier 10s than all the other nations combined (for now, until this error is rectified).:Smile_glasses:

• Boring 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles

I don't quite understand how that list determines who gets in, or if I do, it's missing some ships. Like if we apply the rules that apply to the Soviets, then Italy should have two, not zero. Venezia is a thing, and Paulo Emilio is in testing.

0 posts
7 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

I don't quite understand how that list determines who gets in, or if I do, it's missing some ships. Like if we apply the rules that apply to the Soviets, then Italy should have two, not zero. Venezia is a thing, and Paulo Emilio is in testing.

fair points, I took this from the reddit, I'll edit and correct it. nevertheless, its only purpose is tongue in cheek.

Members
6,621 posts
20,633 battles
18 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

More Soviets Comrade!

I urge all of you to watch this, grab your favorite drink and give it your full attention. while I can't say what your reaction will be it is entertaining......

0 posts
13 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I urge all of you to watch this, grab your favorite drink and give it your full attention. while I can't say what your reaction will be it is entertaining......

I find it all the weirder, that it is a German song. It seems like there is one of these songs for every generation, 

of course, there is this WOWSY ballet

But for true POP genius, nobody does it like a Russian Soviet (!) pop singer :

Members
6,621 posts
20,633 battles
17 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I find it all the weirder, that it is a German song.

wanna know real weird? Yuros Sharnhorst video.....the German dude dancing make me question my existence 

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
13,260 posts
42 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

A German Band named after a Mongol warlord singing about Moscow while performing in Australia I believe.

• Funny 1

Members
3,097 posts
12,266 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:
  • USSR (9 ships):
    Kremlin, Slava, Stalingrad, Moskva, Alexnader Nevsky, Petropavlovsk, Smolensk, Grozovoi, Khabarovsk.
  • USA (9 ships):
    Montana, Ohio, Des Moines, Salem, Puerto Rico, Worcester, Gearing, Somers, Midway.

That is nice.  Whole 3 of the listed Russian ships have not been even added to game yet, with one being questionable if it’s even going to be added at all.  With every single USN ship already present in the game at present time.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

0 posts
4 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

That is nice.  Whole 3 of the listed Russian ships have not been even added to game yet, with one being questionable if it’s even going to be added at all.  With every single USN ship already present in the game at present time.

All ships yet to be added, but slated for soon tm have been put in italics.

Members
3,097 posts
12,266 battles
24 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

All ships yet to be added, but slated for soon tm have been put in italics.

Nevertheless you have big bold 9 ships above, while a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

• Boring 1

0 posts
5 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Nevertheless you have big bold 9 ships above, while a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

they have longer names with more tonnage, does that work as an excuse? :Smile_teethhappy:

Besides, we want more USSR tier 10s, it makes sense to put them first in line/in the list, to show them off.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,914 posts
11,593 battles

might wanna make the Soviets 8, i heard that WG scrapped the Slava altogether

0 posts
20 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

:Smile_hiding:

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

A German Band named after a Mongol warlord singing about Moscow while performing in Australia I believe.

I know these guys were memeing before the internet even existed... Way ahead of there time.

Members
337 posts
1,113 battles
4 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Germany (3 ships):
Kurfurst, Hindenburg, Z52.

Yeah the Germans need more tier 10s and premiums! Especially German cruisers!

0 posts
3 minutes ago, JEFFREY_LEI said:

Yeah the Germans need more tier 10s and premiums! Especially German cruisers!

Sometimes I hear it argued that tier 10 is mostly early post war designs, but that does not convince me, otherwise we wouldn't see Yamato at tier 10, but at tier 8! So I am perplexed at how few and far between, German ships are at tier 10. There is hope however, with German submarines planned for the future and probably at some point, cvs. Now that we have a British Heavy Cruiser line, and what feels like an emergency epeen preservation rush job, with a new Soviet Heavy Cruiser line, is there space for a second German cruiser tech tree? (Experts : @SireneRacker, waddya think?)

Members
337 posts
1,113 battles
44 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Sometimes I hear it argued that tier 10 is mostly early post war designs, but that does not convince me, otherwise we wouldn't see Yamato at tier 10, but at tier 8! So I am perplexed at how few and far between, German ships are at tier 10. There is hope however, with German submarines planned for the future and probably at some point, cvs. Now that we have a British Heavy Cruiser line, and what feels like an emergency epeen preservation rush job, with a new Soviet Heavy Cruiser line, is there space for a second German cruiser tech tree? (Experts : @SireneRacker, waddya think?)

I actually meant that we need more German cruiser premiums, or reward ships.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles
7 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Second cruiser tree will be difficult, unless you do a supercruiser tree for which there'd be enough paper. Though I personally would rather see a German destroyer line split, where one line utilizes the conventional designs, and the other goes for the 150mm armed destroyers, with there being no need for fictional ships like Hindenburg or GK, and a grand total (between both lines) of two paper ships.

Of course one could go down this path and then also make a German torpedoboat line happen, with me envisioning acoustic torpedoes that would be able to slightly alter their course when being within a certain range of an enemy ship. But that would demand making up a few ships.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
10 hours ago, LoveBote said:

I find it all the weirder, that it is a German song.

What's even weirder is that the Soviets hated that song.

8 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Don't worry.

shell-be-back-vz3rmz.jpg

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles
12 hours ago, LoveBote said:

why no Soviet CV?

This seriously needs to be addressed, as I want my rusky CV

This can start them off at t4