Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Things we see

5 comments in this topic

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,311 battles

So I have been playing a CV over the past few days (midway) and it is amazing to see things from the CV perspective, like,

I spot the DD yet hardly anyone shoots it, yet people demand I find the DD, which I already did.

People sitting in the back waiting for others to win it for them.

People complaining about lack of aircover yet they are on the complete opposite side of the map to me when they are screaming for it.

The simple lack of push of some BB players.

While I agree playing a DD is not much fun when you have a CV spotting you all the time, the one comfort you have is that half of the peeps who play this game still want to shoot that BB 20km away.

People have a misconception that the CV is all powerful, its not, the AA tears you apart and when it is over lapping AA makes it so you loose everything.

Now spotting on the other hand, is a pain for those who do not want to be spotted, but I have seen smart play by DD players who use their stealth and position and the AA of others to help them.

I am pretty crap at CV but it has been fun using one, and many a DD has gotten away from me, but not unscathed, so when you have a CV making an effort to spot the DD, even in your BB you should shoot it because the DD is the BB's counter, but all to often I see people in chat driving a BB saying it is not their job to shoot them.

This is not a complaint about any class of ship, more an observation of how some people put themselves forward to aid in a win and those who do not.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 4

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles

It took me a while but when I'm in my BB and I spot a DD now I make sure to shoot at him . Now I might not hit him or do much damage if I do , but maybe you can make him have to alter where he's going or make him uncomfortable .

And like Kuro says DDs have low health and any damage you do makes it easier for your sides DDs to kill there DD . It wont look good on your damage total but it will help the team .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

Members
5,364 posts
12 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Now I might not hit him or do much damage if I do

But if you and others are all shooting at him, he's less likely to dodge all of them.  Also, a BB overpen or two on a DD is worth quite a bit more XP than the same damage to a BB.  If a DD's out in the open, out of smoke, dodging shots, he's already on borrowed time, unless he's French or similar, where he can get on 40+ knot boost and get out of range while being hard to hit because of his speed.  

Edited by Kirov_Six

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
552 posts
3,634 battles

There's a population of people in this game who don't play a match, they farm it. They quietly screw around in the back, farm fail damage and kills from wounded ships (that other people worked for) and then throw the game. It kills any incentive to bother trying.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,914 posts
8,185 battles

@CriMiNaL__

If I'm not mistaken, in that game I played with you last night, your spotting of DDs was quite helpful, and probably a major reason why our team was moving around as much as it was.

Sign in to follow this