You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheTankBall

Fix Match Making When?

8 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
616 battles

20200209_091921_PBSB527-Duke-of-York_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

here i link my last match. as u can see im in a ter VII UK potato ship that cant hit crap and in this match there r IX class ship that just own my team without even trying. what part of this match is even fair in the first place? this [edited] right here will make me stop playing this game around. why cant they make it so only ters like VI-VII only match up? its not that hard to code into the game. doing that would stop the unfair matching at once...

how do i know this? i use to play a game called APB:Reloaded and it had rank colors that r lowest and highest. Green, Brone, Silver, and Gold. some time back around 2015 i think for 2 weeks they made so only silver can go into silver server and golds can go into gold server and so on. for those 2 weeks the game was great! 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 4

Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles

WG doesn't care so stop wasting your time. Do what I did, play less and do other stuff. 

• Cool 1

Members
124 posts
2,067 battles
1 hour ago, TheTankBall said:

here i link my last match. as u can see im in a ter VII UK potato ship that cant hit crap and in this match there r IX class ship that just own my team without even trying. what part of this match is even fair in the first place? this [edited] right here will make me stop playing this game around. why cant they make it so only ters like VI-VII only match up? its not that hard to code into the game. doing that would stop the unfair matching at once...

how do i know this? i use to play a game called APB:Reloaded and it had rank colors that r lowest and highest. Green, Brone, Silver, and Gold. some time back around 2015 i think for 2 weeks they made so only silver can go into silver server and golds can go into gold server and so on. for those 2 weeks the game was great! 

WOT did that type of system some time back after player's complained about being in matches with lower skilled player's and guess what happen. Those top rooms barely had any activity. The point is people simply like to blame others and complain.

• Cool 1

Members
5,364 posts

MM is better than it used to be, as far as ship tiers and such.  Back in the old days, T7 got to beat on T6/T5 a LOT, because there were almost never any T9 games, but T8 got stuck in T10 games more than it should.  A lot of that has gotten balanced out with the changes they did a few months ago.

T7 players didn't like losing their sweet spot to pick on lower tiers all the time, but T8 isn't stuck in T10 as much, so it balances out.

Edited by Kirov_Six

Members
3,759 posts
23,311 battles

So he wants to be top tier basically rather than bottom tier. Yet he overlooks the fact that bottom tier can make good XP if he learned to play better.

Members
5,364 posts
3 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So he wants to be top tier basically rather than bottom tier. Yet he overlooks the fact that bottom tier can make good XP if he learned to play better.

And only T1 and T10 get to be top tier all the time.  Everyone else gets to be at least -1, if not -2 some of the time.  

[MHG]
Members
102 posts
21,819 battles
7 hours ago, TheTankBall said:

TheTankBall,

It's not the matchmaking.  You had a short match because of inexperience and some instructive errors in positioning.

1.  At the beginning, we see that you are not using premium consumables.  You can get away with that at lower tiers, but the higher you go, the less okay it is to wait that long between damage control/repair charges.  Also, looking at the minimap we can see that both of the destroyers in front of your group have declined to go to the West side, and are instead in the middle.  This means that you will not get any spotting of the enemy, of torpedoes, or any advance warning of any problems.  This is bad, especially if you are a bottom tier Battleship.  You should consider slowing, turning South, and waiting for further developments.  Passing between the two islands in front of you is dangerous for two reasons:  1.  You will not have good spotting angles to see any surprises and 2.  The island to the North of you will prevent turning away in the event of a problem - you'll have to continue forward to go around it.

2.  Having proceeded through the gap with your group, you spot an Amagi (tier 8) Friedrich der Grosse (Tier 9) along with an Alaska (tier 9).  This is bad - both the Amagi and Friedrich have guns that can overmatch your bow armor, and they will have little difficulty punishing you.  However, those ships do have sufficient armor to minimize the damage you might do to them - you're outgunned and outarmored here.It's too late to turn North - if you do both battleships will enjoy easy broadside shots at you.  If you slow and point your bow at them, they can shoot at your nose and mangle you.  That said - either of those choices is better than what your team ended up selecting.

3.  You push forward into the enemy.  This increases the number of different angles enemies have to shoot at you and makes you easier to hit.  Because of the lack of spotting, the torpedoes are unspotted and arrive as a nasty surprise.  You might have pressed the Hydroaccoustic Search button to mitigate this threat, but it's too late.

On the whole, you're having a pretty typical experience for a new player.  Enemies at higher tiers may be very skilled and experienced and will punish mistakes.

Initial Position Read.jpg

Enemy Ship Group.jpg

Torps Incoming.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,069 posts
8,322 battles
22 minutes ago, CuriousShadow said:

This is bad - both the Amagi and Friedrich have guns that can overmatch your bow armor, and they will have little difficulty punishing you.  However, those ships do have sufficient armor to minimize the damage you might do to them - you're outgunned and outarmored here.

It's worth mentioning that, even had those 2 BBs been their T7 counterparts, the same would have been true. Nagato carries the exact same guns as Amagi, and and Gneisenau's 15" guns will still overmatch DoY's bow. (and Gneisenau still has 32mm bows)

IOW, being bottom tier was not the culprit here.

Edited by Skpstr