You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dano07_

What is the best credit earner coal ship ?

5 comments in this topic

Members
71 posts
105 battles

Hi

Looking at some of the current coal ships but I don't know if the T10s or T9s are a better earner.

From what I understand Smolensk and Thunderer have half service costs While Georgia and Jean Bart have 'extra credits' but what that translates into as far as credit potential I cant say.

I know theres a lot of variables in this question but just looking for general feedback and players experiences 

Many Thanks

[1984]
Members
4,122 posts
19,894 battles
14 minutes ago, Dano07_ said:

Hi

Looking at some of the current coal ships but I don't know if the T10s or T9s are a better earner.

From what I understand Smolensk and Thunderer have half service costs While Georgia and Jean Bart have 'extra credits' but what that translates into as far as credit potential I cant say.

I know theres a lot of variables in this question but just looking for general feedback and players experiences 

Many Thanks

In general tier 9 are the best credit earners. Georgia or JB are solid choices, but credits are earnt by damaging other ships, so if you are hiding in back not shooting as opposed to coming in top 3 in your matches, you will not be earning much.

keep in mind any tech tree up to tier 7 (8 if you come in top 3) should be making credits even with premium consumables. 

Farming ops is a good credit source as well, tier 7 narai is the best also for xp. If you can pick up bly, or sharn, etc.

also dont neglect free xp ships, alaska seems good, there is also nelson which is both cheap and can be used in narai. Dont waste free xp jumping lines or upgrading ships before you have all the free xp ships.

• Cool 1

Members
4,347 posts
11,225 battles

Assuming approximately equal performance, any of the t9 premiums will make more than any of the t10s. The t10s are actually around the same level as t8 premiums in terms of credit income because of the baked in reduced service cost. Any of the premium ships (as of right now, any premium from t2 to t9 now that the ARP/dragon clones were changed to premiums) have a baked in credit multiplier based on tier (with the exception of Missouri’s, which is significantly higher than other t9 premiums) and a baked in service reduction that’s smaller than the t10s but gets to be quite significant compared to the tech tree ships.

The ‘special ships’ are only a baked in reduced service cost, but when combined with the camo’s reduction they cost 75% less to run than a tech tree t10, and that significantly reduced service cost with no credit boost about equals out with the lower service reduction and higher credit boost of the t8s. In fact, the service costs for the t10s are so low that it’s almost impossible to lose credits even in co-op (as long as you’re not running premium consumables in co-op), something that can’t be claimed by the tech tree t10s without a premium account and/or permacamo with a really good game.

Here’s a chart based on testing from LWM and a few other CCs showing the ranking of the premiums by credit boost and actual credit earnings for all premium ships in the game (including some of the outliers from special permacamos).

F63B4938-AA03-4BD9-A3AF-8C3CB420077C.jpeg

That being said, since you are a newer player, I wouldn’t recommend buying a high tier premium and jumping right into battles until you’re more familiar with the game and the main mechanics. Out of the four ships you listed, JB is probably the most new player friendly and is a strong ship without too many major weaknesses that’s quite fun to play, and is getting removed for the foreseeable future (aka permanently outside of supercontainers or Santa crates) in a little more than a month along with Smolensk, so one of those two may be a better choice because of that shorter time frame.

Smolensk (as well as Georgia and Thunderer) is a beast in good hands, but all of them have major weaknesses that punish poorer players very quickly. All three of them have very squishy sides, and the lower barrel count and good dispersion of the battleships aren’t as forgiving of bad aim, while Smolensk will get eaten alive by any cruiser that catches you broadside as well as struggling to directly damage most parts of battleships.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
35 minutes ago, Dano07_ said:

Hi

Many Thanks

If possible you will want to grab the Jean Bart immediately before the next update hits and Jean Bart leaves the armory. It is a good credit and serves as such along side my Missouri and Musashi.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,096 posts
18,947 battles

Whichever T9 you do best in, IE, that fits your playstyle.