You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SwearToGodTheseMuppets

6 more veterans that i knew quit the game last week

214 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

The state of the game has deteriorated. Most games are blowouts.  Complete garbage.

Devs keep pushing premium ships that are insanely over powered into the game, with no change to the maps or tech tree ships to compensate. 

• Cool 13
  • Boring 4

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

If you lose 6 veteran players, but they get replaced by 6,000 players that decide to stick around and play, is the game growing or dying?

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you lose 6 veteran players, but they get replaced by 6,000 players that decide to stick around and play, is the game growing or dying?

Do you think it's a better game now?

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

Do you think it's a better game now?

Yes and no. As there are plus sides and down sides, but overall is think the game is improving. And while there have been blowouts at least there have also been a lot of really good and hard fought battles where both sides fought very well. So at least some of the blowouts may be bad luck where enemy’s first push hits a weaker section of the front and things just collapse with the map terrain and the ship compositions for the battle.

Take the CVs as an example. As tolerable as the RTS CVs could be they were growing in how OP they could be with X CVs being able to manual drop point blank range and dev strike full HP BBs, you had just enough Graf Zepplins that were sold that they could terrorize May with those highly devastating AP bombs... Then the CV Rework happened and rendered CVs even more OP for a while until the power level on them got dialed way down. So now CVs are actually much like naval players back in the day viewed the CV, as an Auxiliary support ship for a fleet.

WG has resumed releasing more balanced ships such as the RN Heavy Cruiser line that are good enough, but not overpowering. Smolensk is getting pulled from the shop, plus it’s many vulnerabilities have been discovered which WG likely knowingly placed in it to give us serious counters to the Smolensk.

When Azuma was released WH listened to our feedback for the next IJN Premium CA  Yoshino by having a little better armor as well as the much needed torpedoes while retaining the good armaments of Azuma.

WG while rocking the boat with some players by declaring their intentions to add subs, they are putting the subs through very rigorous testing that from the sounds of things may have the testing period getting extended. Likely having learned from the CV rework about having too many mechanics needing tweaking post release and the ensuring backlash over that.

You mentioned “No map chambering being made” when WG has been changing up a far number of maps and added some new maps.

So WG does seem to at least be trying to make the game be good.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I would laugh at this, but I’m tired, and trying to go to sleep.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[USCC2]
Members
6,050 posts

Just got my 3 year congrats from WG and honestly, looking back from when I started, the attitude to the game by the players is about the same - there's always someone complaining about something on these forums!

I love the variety in game, but in getting there I feel WG have blurred the lines between the ship types - and also made things a little more difficult for newer players. Of course this game will inevitably die, most will at some point - so enjoy it whilst it's here! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Members
2,763 posts
93 battles

Oh no the game is dying, news at 11

(I swear I saw a pic of that somewhere in the forums)

• Boring 9

[IRNBN]
Members
3,347 posts
9,651 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I would laugh at this, but I’m tired, and trying to go to sleep.

Get some rest. I got my first chuckle of the day when I read

3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Good is such a subjective and limited term. Good for who?

Good for WG equates to profitable, which being a business is understandable. But which market segment is the most profitable? That's the rub, and goes to the OP's complaint. WoWS is trying to push the envelope of a small niche to extremes.

Good for potatoes means easy and relaxing. Good for hard-core unicums means intense, complex and nuanced. Good for history buffs means realistic. Good for mass-appeal twitch gamers equates to new shiny cartoons. So  how do you reconcile all of these? The market just isn't there for spin-offs and minigames that can include and satisfy every potential customer. End result: design schizophrenia.

Then we get to the "But change!" bit. Yeah, market disruption is a thing if you do it right, and stagnation often leads to boredom. The trouble is when marketers and designers can't differentiate between innovation and insanity. It's even harder when your target audience is so diverse that it becomes impossible to accommodate every segment's often-conflicting wish list. The CV Rework and submarines are classic cases in point.

Too much to bother with this early in the day. I'm gonna go blow up some bots.

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Cool 18

Members
1,354 posts
1,286 battles
24 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Oh no the game is dying, news at 11

(I swear I saw a pic of that somewhere in the forums)

It is though. This game has lost so many of its core players. I used to play this game for hours a day. Now I'll play a few battles every other day or so. It's just not fun anymore. The quality of matches has seriously deteriorated due to the vast majority of the left over playerbase being just terrible.

• Cool 15
  • Boring 1

Members
256 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So you imagine the game is growing by orders of magnitude? Whatever you're drinking, I'll have a double. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TMS]
Members
3,348 posts
33,110 battles
19 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

It is though. This game has lost so many of its core players. I used to play this game for hours a day. Now I'll play a few battles every other day or so. It's just not fun anymore. The quality of matches has seriously deteriorated due to the vast majority of the left over playerbase being just terrible.

Yep it getting full of braindead lemming training balling up sheep.

And WG is providing the ingame tools for them.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,297 battles

This is why I am playing a CV now, I may as well add to the cancer while bringing my survivability stats up in game and I also have a 50 % chance of winning while sitting safely at the back.

Sure I get called "NOOB CV", yep they are right, and I agree with them, but hey I am having fun learning how to CV at t10.

• Funny 4

[TMS]
Members
3,348 posts
33,110 battles
10 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

This is why I am playing a CV now, I may as well add to the cancer while bringing my survivability stats up in game and I also have a 50 % chance of winning while sitting safely at the back.

Sure I get called "NOOB CV", yep they are right, and I agree with them, but hey I am having fun learning how to CV at t10.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
5,364 posts

If you're not enjoying the game that WG is offering, by all means, go play one (or two or five or ten or...) of the zillions of other games out there.

WG is going to do what they do, for their own reasons, which may or may not match up with yours.  Just don't confuse "WG isn't listening" with "They won't do what I want!!".  Not the same thing.  

Games change and evolve.  Sometimes you get left behind.  Your choice at that point is adapt to the changes, or go find something new.  Good luck.

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[TMS]
Members
3,348 posts
33,110 battles
28 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

If you're not enjoying the game that WG is offering, by all means, go play one (or two or five or ten or...) of the zillions of other games out there.

WG is going to do what they do, for their own reasons, which may or may not match up with yours.  Just don't confuse "WG isn't listening" with "They won't do what I want!!".  Not the same thing.  

Games change and evolve.  Sometimes you get left behind.  Your choice at that point is adapt to the changes, or go find something new.  Good luck.

And we don't need you to tell us what to do if there are things about a game we don't like.

If someone is going to leave the game because of any reasons then they will do it. You flapping your gums won't make any difference to whether they do that or not.

The take it or leave it has never done any good for any society. 

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 7

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Just got my 3 year congrats from WG and honestly, looking back from when I started, the attitude to the game by the players is about the same - there's always someone complaining about something on these forums!

I love the variety in game, but in getting there I feel WG have blurred the lines between the ship types - and also made things a little more difficult for newer players. Of course this game will inevitably die, most will at some point - so enjoy it whilst it's here! :Smile_honoring:

Well in the real world the lines between ship types could be blurred as well. So not exactly something that Wargaming came up with. Like the lines between BBs, fast BBs, and a BCs for example. Or the lines between some DDs and CLs. Or the lines between Heavy Cruisers and Battlecruisers.

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
89 posts
6,056 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You beat me to it.  It's a free to play game...they have to make money somehow.  For every player that leaves how many join?  Does it suck that players who have played for years and have put real money into the game have left?   YES. Does it affect WG or the game?  No.

[O_O]
Members
6,425 posts
15,262 battles

Veteran players are also leaving because the game is over four years old.  Most players won't stick around with a game for that long, so the game survives by picking up new players as the old ones move on to other games.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

No that is not how you take advantage of lemming trains. You grab a DD like Shimakaze and head them off with wave after wave of torpedoes then you go mop up the stragglers... :cap_haloween:

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Veteran players are also leaving because the game is over four years old.  Most players won't stick around with a game for that long, so the game survives by picking up new players as the old ones move on to other games.

Or in some cases with WOWs some of the players “leave the game” :Smile_sceptic: