You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Bot IFF still trash

17 comments in this topic

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,695 battles

Was playing Coop in a DD. I had smoked up and was in reverse. A bot cruiser T-bones, pushes me parallel to it, and then launches torpedoes right into me. I had no time to respond. Got chunked by two. There wasn't even any red bots along that vector. Its not the first time this has happened. Is it possible to give bots an AI overhaul to check torps when a friendly is in their path?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,413 posts
14,163 battles

The bots have always been blind to friendly ships between them and the enemy.

[SALVO]
Members
24,784 posts
25,836 battles
21 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

Was playing Coop in a DD. I had smoked up and was in reverse. A bot cruiser T-bones, pushes me parallel to it, and then launches torpedoes right into me. I had no time to respond. Got chunked by two. There wasn't even any red bots along that vector. Its not the first time this has happened. Is it possible to give bots an AI overhaul to check torps when a friendly is in their path?

Pay attention to where the friendly bots are, and don't get between your friendly bots and the enemy.  Simple as that.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,413 posts
14,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Pay attention to where the friendly bots are, and don't get between your friendly bots and the enemy.  Simple as that.

Pretty much this, they have never been able to fix that blind spot they have.

[SALVO]
Members
24,784 posts
25,836 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Pretty much this, they have never been able to fix that blind spot they have.

"Been able to" or "tried"?  I don't really know.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,413 posts
14,163 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

"Been able to" or "tried"?  I don't really know.

What I think happens is if a bot is looking at a red ship before you came between them and the red ship is they forget that green ships exist but not all the time.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,487 posts

You know why this doesn't often happen the other way around?  Bots don't turn broadside and come to full stop right in the path of oncoming players.

[BTH]
Members
318 posts
16,491 battles

Should an ally destroy or damage your vehicle, the Team Kill tracking system will register the incident.

Considering the TK status of the offender’s account, the appropriate measures will be taken. At a times, this also means that the offender will not turn Pink (TK threshold not reached).

However, we would like to remind you that all allied damage is registered.

[HINON]
Members
13,243 posts

The machines are just practicing before they rise up to destroy humanity. 

[O_O]
Members
6,433 posts
15,317 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I would be okay with it if that was the only time it happened.  But, I have seen friendly bots squirt torps in directions with NO enemy ships, no ships of any type or color in the area.  And, I have had them launch torps seemingly aimed at me when there were no red ships on that side of the map at all (I'll frequently put green bots between me and the red bots, so they become the closest target for the reds).

Bottom line...you can't trust a green bot with torps.

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles
7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

No this is different. I've been noticing a huge increase in friendly torpedo hits on my ships in COOP. It's happening since the last update.

They are firing directly into me from close range.

Edited by Wepps
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,413 posts
14,163 battles
4 hours ago, Wepps said:

No this is different. I've been noticing a huge increase in friendly torpedo hits on my ships in COOP. It's happening since the last update.

They are firing directly into me from close range.

I think this is confirmation bias and that you are just experiencing a streak. They have always done this, they literally do not see friendly ships.

Edited by BrushWolf

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,413 posts
14,163 battles
5 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I would be okay with it if that was the only time it happened.  But, I have seen friendly bots squirt torps in directions with NO enemy ships, no ships of any type or color in the area.  And, I have had them launch torps seemingly aimed at me when there were no red ships on that side of the map at all (I'll frequently put green bots between me and the red bots, so they become the closest target for the reds).

Bottom line...you can't trust a green bot with torps.

That is a bug that I think they are having trouble recreating but it isn't as common as firing through friendlies.

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles
13 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

If there were no enemy bots in the vector why did you need to drop smoke? Seems odd that a DD is dropping smoke in co-op with no enemies nearby.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
503 posts
5,016 battles

I've seen bots dump torps toward the map edge where there WERE no enemy ships so being behind them is sometimes just as dangerous.

[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,106 battles
3 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

I've seen bots dump torps toward the map edge where there WERE no enemy ships so being behind them is sometimes just as dangerous.

I've seen that too. Unload a rack to starboard, then to port. I assume they are just being 'balanced'!