ArchangelTheGray

One of them .... Just one please

9 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
391 battles

Hello Sailors and Captains 

Without much fuzz, which Carrier and a short opinion why.

• German VIII GRAF ZEPPELIN
  • US VIII SAIPAN
  • Japans VIII KAGA
  • British VIII INDOMITABLE

Are the contenders. I'm holding back any purchase until WG show us what 0.9.1 brings, the "new" upgrades/modifications is not something I condone, and the rumors about spotting torpedos earlier is game breaking for me.

Hope you guys will help me out, finding the one Carrier

- Archangel the Gray (Or as it should have been The Gray Archangel, but too late to fix that)

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles
17 minutes ago, ArchangelTheGray said:

- Archangel the Gray (Or as it should have been The Gray Archangel, but too late to fix that)

I think you can change your screen name for doubloons. Not only that you are so new that if you didn't join with invite a friend that you may consider starting another account any way. If you do here is a link. You get 2 premium ships and other bonuses. https://warships.us/sovereigndawg

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Please learn to play the game before buying a t8 premium. Especially a CV.

Play tech tree CVs, learn, play from t4 to 8... then buy premium CVs.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
38 posts
207 battles

Saipan and Graf are okay, but like @Kapitan_Wuff said, CVs are very important to the game, so its best to learn them at early teirs before you buy big boys at high tiers. As a carrier, your team depends on you so much for map control, eyes and DoT (damage over time). 

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Kaga is easy mode. You have 9 squads of planes at the start of the battle. Others have 4-4.5 squads at that point. As such, I suggest Kaga, as, if you're going to no matter what, at least you can still do well despite doing horribly.

However, I also suggest you play up US CVs to at least T8 before that. Why US? US CVs are more like Kaga than IJN ones. She has HE bombs, while IJN CVs have AP bombs.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,782 posts
4,631 battles
3 hours ago, ArchangelTheGray said:

Archangel the Gray (Or as it should have been The Gray Archangel, but too late to fix that)

I like it the way it is.  In the Tolkein myth, the wizards are of the Maiar, and important level of what roughly equates to Angel.  Not an Archangel, but not that different.  So Archangel the Grey is an excellent callout to Gandalf the Grey. 

And you may have the best avatar image in the game.  Archangel.thumb.jpg.10e2c83e1a3c0bf053e6

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
391 battles

I agree that a player with under 50 battles under the belt, is in no way qualified to take on the carrier role in Random Battle. As explained I will not buy any premium ships before I have a chance to evaluate patch 0.9.1

Any training will be in Co-Op Battle, in fact I plan on 300+ rounds of Co-Op before Random. I will only train one nations Carrier, and that's why I want one T8 Premium Carrier as captain trainer and credit maker, so it kind of rules the germans out, as they haven't a Carrier in their Tech-Tree, but the Graf Zeppelin are so pretty :Smile_Default: 

Love your input, keep them coming

- Archangel the Gray

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,782 posts
4,631 battles
9 hours ago, ArchangelTheGray said:

I plan on 300+ rounds of Co-Op before Random.

That may not be the smartest play.  You're protected through 70 battles, so play beaucoup Randoms now, then switch back to Co-op for maximum reward.

What types are you playing? Lines?

Members
5 posts
391 battles

Protected how ? (I will swap to random now)

I play anything beside carrier - Italien cruiser - Pan-Asia destroyer - french battleship/cruiser - england  battleship/cruiser - germany battleship/cruiser/destroyer - japan battleship/cruiser/destroyer

US battleship/cruiser/destroyer 

of cause low level, as I am noob - I have some premium ships Tirpitz and Texas is the "pride" of the premium fleet