Capt_Ahab1776

Noticed something about people returning

8 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles

I noticed that WOW is getting some people trickling back into our community. Members who started WOW but either was in WOT at the same time or left WOW for WOT and now are coming back.

Our group has a handful who have done that. I never played WOT but they all had a similar story. Our members played WOT competitively and were eventually burned out on it. They came here and they all told me basically the same thing. WOW is a more laid back community and gameplay than WOT. 

I think that is a credit to WOW both the players and the administration here. Anybody else notice this? I am probably just late to the game.

Beta Testers
3,110 posts
25,929 battles

why not try and give WOTs a go  and see if you enjoy it or not this way you can judge it yourself . I have not been there in 8 or 9 months .And I have 230 of my tank collecting dust there. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles
7 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

why not try and give WOTs a go  and see if you enjoy it or not this way you can judge it yourself . I have not been there in 8 or 9 months .And I have 230 of my tank collecting dust there. 

In your opinion you like WOW better? I wasn't meaning this as a negative thread on WOT. Actually as a positive thread for WOW.

Beta Testers
3,110 posts
25,929 battles

I know that no offence taken just saying give it a go who knows you just may like it.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles
2 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I know that no offence taken just saying give it a go who knows you just may like it.

My wife would scalp me lol. I'm lucky to play this one as much as I do. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
24,800 posts
25,884 battles
54 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

In your opinion you like WOW better? I wasn't meaning this as a negative thread on WOT. Actually as a positive thread for WOW.

I came over to WoWS when it was in Open Beta, in part because I was a bit burned out on WoT, but also because I'm more interested in naval ships than I am in tanks.  I still play some games of WoT once in a while, but I don't like the direction it's gone, since … well, even before I'd left to come here.  I didn't like all the speedy light tanks and even more now, I don't like the wheeled armored cars.  Everything is just too fast for my taste.  I preferred WOT bask when it was more of a chess match and heavy tanks and tank destroyers dominated, and you had to outthink the other guy, not out twitch them in hyperfast tanks.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,110 posts
25,929 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

My wife would scalp me lol. I'm lucky to play this one as much as I do. :Smile_teethhappy:

My wife watched me playing world of tanks 5 years ok ? Now she's the one playing her own tanks on her lab top when in the mood and I play WOWs.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles
1 minute ago, Tachnechdorus said:

My wife watched me playing world of tanks 5 years ok ? Now she's the one playing her own tanks on her lab top when in the mood and I play WOWs.

Nice, I tried to get my wife interested multiple times but to no avail. She is younger, smarter, and highly acute of details. I think she would be a natural, but oh well.

Sign in to follow this