24,117 posts
18,957 battles

Impressive~

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
166 posts
15,461 battles

Not bad. That program takes some patience. Nice work.

Meanwhile I can’t finish my USS Worcester model with 30k pieces or the program crashes..

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
1 hour ago, Thunder_GP said:

Not bad. That program takes some patience. Nice work.

Meanwhile I can’t finish my USS Worcester model with 30k pieces or the program crashes..

You should probably just go smaller. I am not trying to dump on you, but 30,000 pieces is like... $5,000 worth of Lego. Plus, as you said, LDD is garbage and crashes once the part count approaches 40k. It's also - in my experience - immensely difficult to assemble LDD models above like 5k parts, because the program is deranged when it comes to build order (it often has you build models from the outside-in, and such - basically impossible tasks). 

Plus, you can do some really fantastic warship stuff at smaller scales:

dnYzjtW.png

zxOrIV6.png

uuuvZFF.png

jPsxJ4V.jpg

That Thomas of Tortuga guy does just sublime work.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Repulse
  • Cool 1

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
166 posts
15,461 battles

I go ALL or Nothing. (I'm actually at the cusp of 20k pieces) It takes a LONG time to round out the hull correctly.

image.thumb.png.ca626e7d931bda5957333ad00e95cd51.png

image.thumb.png.ac13f16c635a3ef07fc7b75ec90aa5ee.png

image.thumb.png.83ea58de3d7b8662aedd8732d8a0e214.png

Edited by Thunder_GP

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
959 posts
3,336 battles

I would suggest Bricklink Studio, its more stable than LDD, and it's got a far greater parts library, plus you can render screenshots and actually get a parts list and purchase all of them at the same time since the program is integrated directly into Bricklink's marketplace for price estimates

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
8 hours ago, High_Admiral said:

I would suggest Bricklink Studio, its more stable than LDD, and it's got a far greater parts library, plus you can render screenshots and actually get a parts list and purchase all of them at the same time since the program is integrated directly into Bricklink's marketplace for price estimates

I can only speak for myself, but until they sort the parts in STUD.io better, I'll never touch it. Also, Lego's acquisition of Bricklink leaves the platform's future nearly as murky as that of LDD.

Sign in to follow this