Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Guardsman_05

New Operations

31 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Members
13 posts
6,947 battles

Wargaming how about sometime we stop focusing on fantasy Russian ships. and we get some new ops. going.

Like missions based on real world operations. Such as the Channel Dash. or attacking Arctic Convoys . Or something based on either sinking or saving "Cripple Division 1"  

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts
16 minutes ago, Guardsman_05 said:

Wargaming how about sometime we stop focusing on fantasy Russian ships. and we get some new ops. going.

Like missions based on real world operations. Such as the Channel Dash. or attacking Arctic Convoys . Or something based on either sinking or saving "Cripple Division 1"  

They have already said that the missing operations that they took away with the CV rework, are not going to be a priority any time soon.  I would not expect any new ones until they fix those existing ones.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles

Just wish it upon a star.

It makes no difference who you are, your dreams come true.

Members
5,364 posts
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

They have already said that the missing operations that they took away with the CV rework, are not going to be a priority any time soon.  I would not expect any new ones until they fix those existing ones.

New operations aren't a priority nor even likely at this point.  WG said that not enough players use the existing scenarios to make it worth their time to make more. 

Their words, not mine.

Edited by Kirov_Six

Members
544 posts
43 minutes ago, Guardsman_05 said:

how about sometime we stop focusing on fantasy Russian ships. and we get some new ops.

New ships sell for rubles, comrade.

[ERN]
Members
13 posts
6,947 battles
1 hour ago, Kirov_Six said:

New operations aren't a priority nor even likely at this point.  WG said that not enough players use the existing scenarios to make it worth their time to make more. 

Their words, not mine.

Well of course people don't play them enough, we have had the same ones for how long? and how many people stopped playing them when they took most of them out of rotation for the whole Carrier disaster. and we were stuck with 3 for how long?

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,479 posts
38 minutes ago, Guardsman_05 said:

Well of course people don't play them enough, we have had the same ones for how long? and how many people stopped playing them when they took most of them out of rotation for the whole Carrier disaster. and we were stuck with 3 for how long?

At this point, for a good one like Narai, I would probably pay for an operation.  Instead of a premium ship for $50, say a new operation that you can pay that same amount of money for.

What you get though, is 24/7 access to that operation and only the people who bought it, can join.   Maybe it's multiple tier too, it scales to the their selected or something.

Not only would this provide a good OP, whenever you want, it would go a long way to keep out those who are not serious about them and don't want to learn them properly to get the most for their money.

I think it would make WG happy, they get paid, and the players who really like operations, would have a better experience.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
3,079 posts
6,590 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

At this point, for a good one like Narai, I would probably pay for an operation.  Instead of a premium ship for $50, say a new operation that you can pay that same amount of money for.

What you get though, is 24/7 access to that operation and only the people who bought it, can join.   Maybe it's multiple tier too, it scales to the their selected or something.

Not only would this provide a good OP, whenever you want, it would go a long way to keep out those who are not serious about them and don't want to learn them properly to get the most for their money.

I think it would make WG happy, they get paid, and the players who really like operations, would have a better experience.

It would, but I wonder what the game queues would be like 

[A-D-F]
7,479 posts
12 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

It would, but I wonder what the game queues would be like 

Yeah me too.  I made a thread about it just now.  Will probably get a lot of flak about the idea but, will see what others say maybe.

[SALVO]
Members
24,770 posts
25,794 battles
5 hours ago, Guardsman_05 said:

Who is this "we"?

[LOIN]
Supertester
809 posts
6 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Sadly...:Smile_sad:

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

We are not getting the removed Operations back, and we will not be getting any new Operations.

The sooner we come to terms with this, the better.

• Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
5,896 posts
6 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

Their words, not mine.

I strongly suspect its that WG couldn't figure out how to properly monetize operations.  Add to that there were people farming large amounts of FXP and CXP in some of the ops.  The rework seemed to cause a fair number of people switch out of random.  I'd guess has no interest in bringing back the old ops and give even more people to leave random. 

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,119 posts
13,727 battles
7 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Yes, ops were victims of the CV rework as are the T5, T7 & T9 CV's.

This is another sign of how poorly the CV rework has gone.

But we should still ask for the return of the missing operations.

[BTLST]
Members
607 posts
9,340 battles

Once again I urge WG to bring back Cherry Blossom as it was one of the best Operations every put out as it was played on a very large map in both night and day time and against air and surface attacks with must kill ships attempting to flee and many other great skills needed to finish this operation successfully.    Also, bring back Operation Dynamo.  It was built about the Dunkirk Evacuation and only permitted Destroyers to play in it.  It was a great earning operation to play, as is Naria, but the only one available for Allied DD's of WWII.   Captain's had to protect the fleeing civilian ships, cover them as they picked up, or we picked up victims from sunken ships, and get them safely back to England while enemy air and fast surface attacks swarmed in.  The DD's and fleeing ships had to pass through a narrow safe passage through two minefields (one to either side) and if you wandered into the minefield to prevent being sunk by a mine you had to slow to quarter speed until you were safely out of the minefield.    Really required the defending DD captains to coordinate their use of smoke to protect the fleet.   Great operation.    Bring both of these back PLEASE!

• Cool 4

[4HIM]
Members
3,013 posts
12,543 battles
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

But we should still ask for the return of the missing operations.

Well, Sub Oct stated one of the reasons subs were going to be added (despite earlier having said they'd never be in the game) was due to so many asking for them.  So we should keep asking.  

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2

[MPG]
Members
14 posts
2,825 battles

Well I know I am late to this topic but I thought I would say something I have been playing this game for a while and I just got a few tier 8 ships which most of them I went through the grinder... I have only played the only tier 7 operation.. I forgot what it was now but now that I have tier 8 ships and found out that there are no scenarios for tier 8 I was kinda sad I don't do pvp that often even though I know this game is pvp based but I am one of "those" players that just do co-op and scenarios I find those more fun so I know I am hoping against hope but I really do hope after the major project that they are working on with the submarines they can possibly add a few new scenarios or reactivate some of the older ones I may have not played 

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
Members
601 posts
3,048 battles
On 2/8/2020 at 12:54 AM, Guardsman_05 said:

Channel Dash was a fiasco.

The British discovered that the group was off pretty much mid channel 12 hours after they broke out from Breast France in stormy conditions. Not in a position to deploy ships and intercept. And so the Germans got through.

However by removing themselves from the Atlantic with the big ships they pretty much condemned the fleet to rusting at port until one or two were sunk as blockships and a few were scrapped and guns ashore. One or two were into the Baltics. The Eugen was actually used as a nuclear target in the pacific after the war. The Scharnhorst was thrown away in battle etc.

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
On 2/8/2020 at 1:54 AM, Guardsman_05 said:

They have already made it clear they are not doing more Op's and that PVE in general is not a priority to them. PVP is all that matters to them pretty much; period. They have publicly stated this so it isn't me or others making assumptions or just bloviating. Direct comments from WG is that the PVE side doesn't matter only PVP does so Op's and Co-op are not a concern for them outside of a small thing here or there.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[KOBK]
Members
34 posts
7,242 battles

I am making a positive comment about the "..No, I do not care what you think about that." Good for you, if I think I understood what you were trying to convey.  Communication by email is difficult.  By nature short replies often come across as rude.  I don't think you were trying to be rude, maybe defensive but not rude. There are lots of reasons why individuals only play Co-op.  Enough said.

Edited by Irelands_32
left out "what you think"
  • Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
On 2/8/2020 at 12:54 AM, Guardsman_05 said:

Operations cost money and make very little......  NO.  No more operations, repairs of existing operations, or, even thoughts of new operations ever again.........   Think about it:  they are selling Carriers now for months........  There can only be "so many carriers in a game" because they don't fight each other..............so, why keep selling them, month after month after month?    Instead of fixing Operations,; or, new historical modes of play; or, even fixing existing stuff?

The answer is simple:  any of that ^^^^^ doesn't have a ROI equal to more Carrier sales and the simple cloning of new ships.............   I get the feeling time isn't on their side.

Sign in to follow this