Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GambitHG

Tier X ship Unique Upgrade Conundrum

4 comments in this topic

Members
367 posts
10,405 battles

From what I understand, when Update 9.2 drops Wednesday Morning players will no longer be able to get the Unique Upgrade Missions for any Tier Xs that they purchase after that point. Right now I'm at the point where I have ground enough XP for the Shimakaze or Montana and I can also free XP up to Moskva. I'm planning on purchasing the ships on Tuesday and playing a game with them to kickstart the missions. The problem is I can only purchase 2 of the Tier Xs without selling any other ships. Which two of those ships should I focus on for their upgrades? And how much time will I have to grind them before WG pulls the missions?

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
93 posts
7,915 battles

Montana and I think Moskva

22 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

From what I understand, when Update 9.2 drops Wednesday Morning players will no longer be able to get the Unique Upgrade Missions for any Tier Xs that they purchase after that point. Right now I'm at the point where I have ground enough XP for the Shimakaze or Montana and I can also free XP up to Moskva. I'm planning on purchasing the ships on Tuesday and playing a game with them to kickstart the missions. The problem is I can only purchase 2 of the Tier Xs without selling any other ships. Which two of those ships should I focus on for their upgrades? And how much time will I have to grind them before WG pulls the missions?

Members
4,339 posts
11,177 battles

Just to clarify an incorrect point in your post, the UUs are moving to the research bureau in 9.2 but you won’t be able to earn the mission after the release of 9.1 next week (not 9.2). Any missions you earn before 9.1 releases can be completed until the end of the year, but you will be getting the changed module not the current one. 

The biggest problem for a lot of the playerbase with these changes is that we won’t know what the new ones are or how they’ll perform until a month after we can no longer get the missions. If we go off current UUs, Moskva is the only one that’s really worth getting and Montana’s is situational at best and not a popular choice, but the new ones could be the complete opposite. If you can get the ship before 9.1 and complete the mission in that same patch, Moskva is definitely the one I would get.

If I go just by the ships themselves for a recommendation, Montana and Moskva are generally considered to be stronger ships when compared to their roles relative to others in their type. Shimakaze is still somewhat popular but especially in the current meta isn’t as popular outside of competitive where DDs are expected to be scouters and area denial ships more than specifically anti DD ships like they normally need to do in randoms. Moskva has also become less popular compared to other cruisers but still has a strong role in both randoms and competitive. 

I would definitely get Moskva before the RU line split happens later this year since it will turn into a t10 ‘premium’ special ship then, and anyone who has Moskva in port when the split goes live will get the new premium version (and likewise for Kirov when it becomes a premium at the same time, so make sure you also hold onto her or buy her back). I’ve seen one person saying that’s coming in 9.3, but more likely than not it will be 9.4 or 9.5 since it’s confirmed to be the ship release after pan EU DDs. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Well. Right now shima's mod sucks, I forget what Montana's is. But the issue is... we have no idea how WG will change them so... flip a coin maybe.

Sign in to follow this