You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrJc

IJN DD info dump

9 comments in this topic

[SAL-T]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
1,220 battles

So while I was doing a 12 hour stream grinding the Kagero to get back to the Shimakaze a lot of people were asking me questions and I thought I might as well go a do a simple tutorial video :D

Nothing too fancy just things I believe people should know and pay attention too if you're going to drive some IJN DD's.

• Cool 3

[JKSDF]
Members
928 posts
3,561 battles

30 minutes?

Too long for near-midnight... I'll watch it tomorrow, i'm interested in IJN Destroyers (specifically the Fuyuzuki ha ha ha hA HA HA HA its not in the game yet but i hope it will)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
44 posts
1,058 battles

You select Damage Control Party for a commander skill on destroyers? I am confused...I thought Damage Control Party was the skill BBs have (Y I think) that adds hitpoints back to their hull because the damage control party was able to fix stuff. So this skill would make being able to use that faster on BBs. 

Or do the upper tier DDs have a similar ability? Or am I wrong in that is what that commander skill is?

[SAL-T]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
1,220 battles

You select Damage Control Party for a commander skill on destroyers? I am confused...I thought Damage Control Party was the skill BBs have (Y I think) that adds hitpoints back to their hull because the damage control party was able to fix stuff. So this skill would make being able to use that faster on BBs. 

Or do the upper tier DDs have a similar ability? Or am I wrong in that is what that commander skill is?

Do you mean basic of survivability?

it accelerates repair to model's firefighting, recovery from flooding.

Imo the first skill you chose for DD's are pointless either way since you're repair time is so fast (around 30 to 40 seconds) so you would never wait for the fire to go out/flooding to stop. And AA is quite pointless on IJN DD's so to me either one of those skills are really just pointless.

Now if you mean High Alert? that simply cuts down the amount of time it takes for you to be able to use you're repair again.

I believe Repair work is the one I think you are thinking off, the Line 3 skill.

Beta Testers
44 posts
1,058 battles

Now if you mean High Alert? that simply cuts down the amount of time it takes for you to be able to use you're repair again.

I believe Repair work is the one I think you are thinking off, the Line 3 skill.

I mean High Alert, which describes the benefit as -10% reload time for your Damage Control Party. If that is your large repair kit (using WoT terms) to fix stuff that is available on all ships, great and I have it backwards. I will start using that perk now. I thought the Damage Control Party was the special repair key ("y" I believe) that BBs have that actually restores some hitpoints. I sold my Fuso to start going down another line so I can't check. 

Thanks for the video and the correction of the repair key. High Alert is quite the useful skill. 

Edited by bspooky

[SAL-T]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
1,220 battles

I mean High Alert, which describes the benefit as -10% reload time for your Damage Control Party. If that is your large repair kit (using WoT terms) to fix stuff that is available on all ships, great and I have it backwards. I will start using that perk now. I thought the Damage Control Party was the special repair key ("y" I believe) that BBs have that actually restores some hitpoints. I sold my Fuso to start going down another line so I can't check. 

Thanks for the video and the correction of the repair key. High Alert is quite the useful skill. 

Yup yup no problem, I know a lot of their explanations for skills and ship mods can be confusing