Capt_Ahab1776

Space Battles

9 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles

Is Space Battles usually a Spring time event? Can't recall at the moment. Plus I'm ready to pick up some more 10 point captains if they are available this time around.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,028 battles

I think it usually is an early april event. Still got a month and a half

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,840 posts
25,932 battles
26 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Is Space Battles usually a Spring time event? Can't recall at the moment. Plus I'm ready to pick up some more 10 point captains if they are available this time around.

Honestly, I'm tired of Space Battles and the usual Halloween event's underlying storyline.  I wish that they'd go for something new and different.  One where you play your own ships.

Maybe an alternate history event.  Maybe some form of Allies vs Axis event.  I'm sure that there are plenty of good ideas that wouldn't be as off the wall as space battles and the ghoulish Halloween event.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Pretty sure it's traditionally the April fools event. Kinda tired of the same thing over and over though, they used to mix it up every year until the space battles kinda became a repeat event. 

Bring back bathtub battles, my favorite port.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles
30 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Maybe an alternate history event

I suggested one time a race against the clock against other ships like Savage Battles with the enclosing ring of fire or the Twilight escape Rasputin's bot DD's but, at the Bikini Atoll testing grounds. Get out of Dodge before your evaporated in the regular historical ships as you suggest. Probably have to pick a single tier and it may have to be DD's as they are the most nimble.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

bathtub battles,

Oh man, some of our clan members told me about that. I missed out. They said it was fun for a change of pace.

[TBW]
Members
10,291 posts
17,484 battles

Kind of hope they bring back the Jacuzzi. They might want to take out the ramming mechanic for it though. It's the most even match up 2 teams will ever have except for maybe in the training room. Pew Pew Pew.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SALVO]
Members
24,840 posts
25,932 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I suggested one time a race against the clock against other ships like Savage Battles with the enclosing ring of fire or the Twilight escape Rasputin's bot DD's but, at the Bikini Atoll testing grounds. Get out of Dodge before your evaporated in the regular historical ships as you suggest. Probably have to pick a single tier and it may have to be DD's as they are the most nimble.

Honestly, Ahab, I hate that shrinking ring of fire mechanic.  I prefer battles that have more of a feeling of something somewhat real, not those wacky nonsense events.  I've played the events, but honestly I tend to hate them and only play them for the rewards.  I'd prefer to have events that I can enjoy playing as well as having rewards worth working towards.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, Ahab, I hate that shrinking ring of fire mechanic.  I prefer battles that have more of a feeling of something somewhat real, not those wacky nonsense events.  I've played the events, but honestly I tend to hate them and only play them for the rewards.  I'd prefer to have events that I can enjoy playing as well as having rewards worth working towards.

Oh I was just meaning something similar as in "Have to get the hell outta here before we all die!!!" lol If it is the atomic bomb test. It would be a wall of water and a atomic blast to escape from. That was actually realistic.

Sign in to follow this