You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hammer_n_Sickle

Team gathering in one spot

18 comments in this topic

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts

I swear (ok, a little rant), time and time again (no kidding like literally every other match) my team decides to huddle up in one spot like they're having a group hug and singing Kumbaya, abandoning the map. I see 3-5 BB and some cruisers come to one spot on a map and be pretty much useless... and when I point this out in chat, guess what happens?... yes, I get scalded. wth??? and then of course eventually we lose. While this "huddling up" happened before on occasion, only recently it started happening on a consistent basis (like i said - every other match, if not more commonly)!  Whats going on??? :cap_wander_2:

Edited by RusskiySpy
  • Cool 1

Members
509 posts
13,965 battles

It drives me insane when I see teams do this.  They think being by themselves is death so they huddle up.  What they don't understand that being in 1 spot so the enemy team can get angles on you, and you can't get them on you as you give the entire map control to the enemy almost always means a lost.  And why people don't understand this yet is beyond me.

• Cool 1

Members
854 posts
16,481 battles

It's called the Illusion of safety in numbers. Some people have a sheep mentality where they want to herd up together. Have seen it hundreds of times in game. It's one great reason I don't ever join a lemming train. All it gets you is isolated in one spot and your a shooting gallery. Some trains, But not many, do push and succeed but that is rare.

CHO-050117-HERD-Medium.jpg

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,574 posts
15,635 battles

Man if I was that red Benham I would beat a path to A cap and release every fish I had, sail a quadrant away and watch the world burn, or flood in this case...

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts
2 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Man if I was that red Benham I would beat a path to A cap and release every fish I had, sail a quadrant away and watch the world burn, or flood in this case...

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! Half of them got torped (i couldn't get a screenshot of that in time). and all 3 caps were easily theirs too. IF THIS DOESN'T PROVE MM IS RIGGED POS (always keeps putting me on the " hugging idiots" team) than I don't know what does.

• Cool 1

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles

Scalded, eh? Which line are you trying in the team chat? Is it...

A) "Please consider spreading out, guys."

or

B) "wth are you all doing, you nincompoops? Trying to throw this effing game??"

I find going with "A" at least cuts down on the scalding even while I might be saying "B" inwardly to myself.

[RLGN]
Members
14,279 posts
25,119 battles
7 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

so i just posted, and went into a match... and again the same damn thing happening???

552990_20200207212325_1 (2).png

Yeah, that kind of thing drives me crazy; there’s not even an island down there for them to ‘hide’ behind...

The thing is, being closely followed is also a peeve, because more often than not, such a close ‘ally’ restricts your movement, by their very presence, or by their torpedoes, which can lead to getting sunk... :Smile-angry:

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

The thing is, being closely followed is also a peeve, because more often than not, such a close ‘ally’ restricts your movement, by their very presence, or by their torpedoes, which can lead to getting sunk... :Smile-angry:

You would think bumping repeatedly into their own teammates' ships would be some kind of indicator to them to spread out. But no.

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts
6 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

Scalded, eh? Which line are you trying in the team chat? Is it...

A) "Please consider spreading out, guys."

or

B) "wth are you all doing, you nincompoops? Trying to throw this effing game??"

I find going with "A" at least cuts down on the scalding even while I might be saying "B" inwardly to myself.

The one where I got scalded in I said something like... guys could we not have the entire team gather in one spot we need to get caps or we gonna lose.

EDIT: just to clarify this all happening in different matches.

Edited by RusskiySpy

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,574 posts
15,635 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The thing is, being closely followed is also a peeve,

Nothing a quick brake check can't fix... Oh wait were not talking about the highway.. Lol

[LEGIT]
Members
2,328 posts
31,741 battles

I usually try "standard battles guys don't be grade school girls."  But the herd people just won't stand by themselves and do the right thing.  They'd rather die as a group than take a chance by themselves.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,574 posts
15,635 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

But if they dont congregate, how will new ships get made? 

:Smile_teethhappy:

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,187 posts
On 2/7/2020 at 9:57 PM, RipNuN2 said:

But if they dont congregate, how will new ships get made? 

I think you mean consummate...........................but then again maybe that's why they congregate:Smile_great:.

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
On 2/7/2020 at 10:35 PM, RusskiySpy said:

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! Half of them got torped (i couldn't get a screenshot of that in time). and all 3 caps were easily theirs too. IF THIS DOESN'T PROVE MM IS RIGGED POS (always keeps putting me on the " hugging idiots" team) than I don't know what does.

I only need to see one thing on that screenshot to know why it happened.  there was a CV in the match and said players huddled up cause they don't know how to play while being spotted.  So they just jumble up together and become largely useless dead weight for your team.