You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReflectionTrial

Moskva becoming a premium ship

114 comments in this topic

[-GK-]
Members
498 posts
11,299 battles

if Moskva is going to become a premium ship, what would happen with the ship in my port, will it change to premium? and also, the permanent camo I bought for it? do I get the doubloons back?

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,296 posts
1,296 battles
11 minutes ago, ReflectionTrial said:

if Moskva is going to become a premium ship, what would happen with the ship in my port, will it change to premium? and also, the permanent camo I bought for it? do I get the doubloons back?

What is preliminarily known, she will be available for resources. Right after separation of branches she will become available for coal in the Armory.
So she will only change the status in the port for you. Permanent camouflage will remain on the ship if you have it. 
All the details will be published later. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[-GK-]
Members
498 posts
11,299 battles
Just now, turbo07 said:

What is preliminarily known, she will be available for resources. Right after separation of branches she will become available for coal in the Armory.
So she will only change the status in the port for you. Permanent camouflage will remain on the ship if you have it. 

but do I get something, cause premium ships have permanent camos, so my permanent camo will be redundant

Members
4,068 posts
10,082 battles

If you have either of the new soon to be premiums in your port (Moskva or Kirov) you will get the premium version. Nothings been finalized or confirmed yet regarding compensation - whether you’ll get the ship replacing it too or will have to grind, what compensation would be for purchased permacamos, etc. 

• Cool 2

[-GK-]
Members
498 posts
11,299 battles
7 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

If you have either of the new soon to be premiums in your port (Moskva or Kirov) you will get the premium version. Nothings been finalized or confirmed yet regarding compensation - whether you’ll get the ship replacing it too or will have to grind, what compensation would be for purchased permacamos, etc. 

thnxs

Community Department
3,296 posts
1,296 battles
8 minutes ago, ReflectionTrial said:

but do I get something, cause premium ships have permanent camos, so my permanent camo will be redundant

7 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Thanks for your fast response,  it's still too early for any detailed information. Thanks for your patience. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,679 posts

I know there's still some open questions also on what happens to any Legendary Upgrades in progress on Moskva ...

[KMK]
Members
218 posts
11,874 battles

Another question will be what will happen with the  unique upgrade wich worth it in Moskva, so make me ask the new Moskva will have new features as special ship?

Edited by Feyevich

[TARK]
Members
5,646 posts
2,260 battles
6 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Wrong, the information given so far is she'll be a "special" ship vice "premium."

The definitions for special vs premium are fuzzy and have been interpretted in various ways by WG...i would not hold WG to any expectations regarding classes of premiums.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,877 posts
13,133 battles
5 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Wrong, the information given so far is she'll be a "special" ship vice "premium."

For a lot of people the differences are irrelevant, and it's easier to keep calling them both premiums. What matters are the common factors:

Both have a permacamo and some sort of economic bonus (even if it's only the much-reduced service cost that the T10 specials get).

Both can accept any captain of that nation without retraining cost or skill penalty (which is why a lot of people buy premium ships in the first place). 

• Confused 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
7,034 battles

Here is the situation WG is going to run into with the permacamo issue.

Player A has the Moskva, and paid 5k doubloons to get the permacamo.  When the change happens, they will receive the Special version of Moskva with its permanent camo.

Player B has the Moskva, and paid nothing because they didn't purchase the permacamo.  When the change happens, this player will receive the Special version of Moskva with its permanent camo.

So, Player A is out 5k doubloons, while Player B gets the exact same ship without spending anything.

I also want to note that this is pure upgrade to the Russian line, as T10 ships don't help in progression through any more tech tree ships anyway (the single downside to Special/Premium ships).  Converting Moskva to a Special not only gives the player a brand new T10 tech ship at no cost, but they also gain the ability of the Moskva to be freed of needing a specific captain for her (on top of the other benefits that come with being a Special ship).  WG has never done this for any other national line when they instituted a split, even when there were ships unlike any others in the line (Des Moines, please?), and I supposed it's telling that they decided they needed to do something extra-special for the Russian line for their split.

• Cool 5

[EQRN]
Members
1,933 posts
16,211 battles

I don't have a perma camo for Moskva, so I'm hoping one is bestowed for free.  For the ones who bought the 5k one, there should be compensation.  The space camo people though will be SoL I bet.

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
1,254 posts
23,430 battles

Easiest solution is if the player has a permacamo for Moskva before the changes, then give them a permacamo for the new T10 . The new Premium Moskva comes with a permacamo and so the old one can be removed. No one's out any dubs and WG doesn't have to issue refunds.

• Cool 6

[ARGSY]
Members
18,877 posts
13,133 battles
8 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Converting Moskva to a Special not only gives the player a brand new T10 tech ship at no cost,

We don't know that yet, BUT...

8 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Player A has the Moskva, and paid 5k doubloons to get the permacamo.  When the change happens, they will receive the Special version of Moskva with its permanent camo.

Player B has the Moskva, and paid nothing because they didn't purchase the permacamo.  When the change happens, this player will receive the Special version of Moskva with its permanent camo.

So, Player A is out 5k doubloons, while Player B gets the exact same ship without spending anything.

...you're quite correct that the camo issue has to be addressed. @Hapa_Fodder, @turbo07, I consider it HIGHLY advisable that the tech-tree Moskva permacamo either be carried over to the Tier X Alexander Nevskiy or, if it's something that doesn't easily port over (e.g. Space Permacamo, Twilight Monster T10 camo), the special skin go over with the Moskva and a Standard T10 permacamo be issued for the Nevskiy in its place.

WG did this when it moved the T6 Cleveland up to T8 on the new branch. I had a permacamo on my T6 Cleveland before the split. Afterwards it was still on the new T8 Cleveland, and the new T6 Pensacola also received a T6 permacamo, so there is precedent.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,592 posts
17,926 battles
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The definitions for special vs premium are fuzzy

No they're not. T2 - T9 is premium, T10 is special.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[TOG]
Members
4,086 posts
22,715 battles

So will the unique upgrade mission that's on going stay or will it be taken out? If you have a unique upgrade, will it stay or go?

[R-F1]
Members
273 posts
7,532 battles
3 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Nobody wants or needs two camos. Refund the cost would be beat for the player base. Or transfer it over to new t10

[SYN]
Members
8,229 posts
13,865 battles

Based on how things have worked in the past WG will be generous so not to worry. Likely you will get the perma camo for the new replacement t10 along with a port slot and captain. But until they actually announce the details we can only speculate on past precedent.  

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
9,974 posts
16,768 battles

Cool a free perma camo for my Moskva, saved that 5000 doubloons.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TARK]
Members
5,646 posts
2,260 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

No they're not. T2 - T9 is premium, T10 is special.

...for now.

This is what i mean by fuzzy.

In the past we had premium and tech tree...then we had reward, premium, and tech tree...then we had special resource ships, then special tier 10s...

...several of which have overlapping categories.

For example, is Puerto Rico a special, a reward, or a premium ship?

Its tier 10.

It was offered as a reward for a grind.

It was primarily acquired by straight purchase.

It will be available in the future for resources.

What does that mean for future expectations?

Its all muddled.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,592 posts
17,926 battles
20 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It was offered as a reward for a grind.

It was primarily acquired by straight purchase.

It will be available in the future for resources.

What does that mean for future expectations?

Nothing whatsoever.

It's a special ship. Nothing more. Nothing less. You can see this by its symbol, a gold wreath around a silver cruiser symbol.

T10 = special.

T9 and below = premium.

It's that simple.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,877 posts
13,133 battles

As important as the Moskva is, let us not forget the Kirov. Brand new players to the game are in a very good position to pick up their first premium ship with not that much of a grind and plenty of time in which to do it. She has standard main armament (HE and AP shells) and she has torpedoes which are similar in range to those of her nation's destroyers all the way to Tier 7.

She would be a useful trainer, if not always an optimal one, for anyone who wanted to climb all three of the Soviet destroyer, cruiser and battleship lines. And until the line splits and she transforms, she's both cash-free and risk-free for anyone who's in the game right now - even at Tier 1 - and wants to start working for her.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,313 battles
3 hours ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Here is the situation WG is going to run into with the permacamo issue.

I also want to note that this is pure upgrade to the Russian line, as T10 ships don't help in progression through any more tech tree ships anyway (the single downside to Special/Premium ships).  Converting Moskva to a Special not only gives the player a brand new T10 tech ship at no cost, but they also gain the ability of the Moskva to be freed of needing a specific captain for her (on top of the other benefits that come with being a Special ship).  WG has never done this for any other national line when they instituted a split, even when there were ships unlike any others in the line (Des Moines, please?), and I supposed it's telling that they decided they needed to do something extra-special for the Russian line for their split.

42 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Based on how things have worked in the past WG will be generous so not to worry. Likely you will get the perma camo for the new replacement t10 along with a port slot and captain. But until they actually announce the details we can only speculate on past precedent.  

Kapitan Wulf is correct.

Those of you who were, like me, around for the US Cruiser line split made out quite well.

Existing ships were moved to different tiers and replaced by some of the new CA/CL ships.  I got 3 new ships and those new ships came with perma camo as well as camo for the old ships that I hadn't bought camo for.   I got 10 pt. Captains as well.

As I recall, those that already had perma camo were given credits. 

No one lost out and the Community, as I recall, was pretty happy with the changes.

To top it off that line expansion kicked off the Adm. Halsey Campaign as well.

Don't worry, all will be well.

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
5,646 posts
2,260 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Nothing whatsoever.

It's a special ship. Nothing more. Nothing less. You can see this by its symbol, a gold wreath around a silver cruiser symbol.

T10 = special.

T9 and below = premium.

It's that simple.

Can it be nerfed without compensation?