You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CC123

Fix your game - Make the mercy rule, COOP and scenarios a priority!!

23 comments in this topic

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
142 posts
9,001 battles

This is becoming the norm.

If you get one or more DDs on your team, its officially a race to get as much damage as you can before the mercy rule kicks in and the xp/damage is cancelled before all ships on the other team are sunk.

In this instance, all 3 bbs on the oposing team were full health. Even charging with boost on (at 39 notts in the SL) I was unable to even get my own torps off before the game ended.

This is rediculous, and before everybody posts "wargaming have stated that COOP and scenarios are not a priority," I am aware of this and do not care.

If enough people voice their dissatisfaction then this may prompt WG to make COOP and scenarios a priority. If you do not post about it, you only prove their position that it should not be a priority.

If you agree with my post and want this fixed, voice your dissatisfaction and paste your screen dumps of 9V8, 9v7 and 9v6 COOP battles......like this one.

image.thumb.png.d3b0aa6d21b9d24ba7c958067d2b432d.png

Edited by CC123
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,642 posts
34,868 battles

Mercy rule is ridiculous and annoying and they have been told many times.

Easily fixed Interface bugs are annoying and they have been told many times.

But, why fix them when they can spend their energy and money on adding RU fantasy ships, cartoon ships and PR debacle instead.

[DPS]
Members
55 posts
2,835 battles

I totally agree that in coop the round shouldn’t end until all the bots are dead.

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,970 battles

Mercy rule in randoms is fine, but in co-op it does subtract quite a bit. Was lining up perfect broadsides to get citadels for my ARP missions and several times missed huge shots because the game ended. They are bots. Their point is to rush in and die. They dont need to be safeguarded against a stomping. That is their point.

I was watching the WG stream yesterday, and a question was raised about scenarios. I wont quote anything that I dont remember exactly, but the response was straightforwardly saying dont expect anything, we are working on other new content and refreshing game modes that more people play (randoms, etc)

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles

Be careful what you wish for because WG can adjust the mercy rule in coop but in conjunction will reduce the XP gained for allowing the match to go until the last ship dies.

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

WG will just add a 10th slot, while continuing to ignore the actual issues people bring up.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
Members
37 posts
17,373 battles

Coop games are still garbage (unless you're maybe in a DD)  - majority of full human teams with most ending with at least a couple red bots left.  Some games over the past couple days:

shot-20.02.08_13.20.04-0593.jpg

shot-20.02.07_11.51.08-0864.jpg

shot-20.02.07_09.44.18-0044.jpg

shot-20.02.07_08.45.34-0842.jpg

shot-20.01.25_12.43.56-0270.jpg

Edited by Dynamax
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,407 posts
10,457 battles

The 'bots don't lack courage.  ;-)

I like that about them.  :-)

[WORX]
Members
10,616 posts
18,506 battles

Sorry to inform everyone but, Co-op is not the priority for 2020...

Adapt to the situation, change your tactics/approach... That is faster then advocating disastrous changes to the learning center/experimentation center ETC. that is Co-op.

• Boring 4

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles

I think WG needs to make the base game their priority not just one mode and slow down on the ship releases. They are throwing them at us so fast my head spins at times. Slowing them down is good for game longevity as well. Eventually they will run out of new lines to add so slow it up and spread it out.

Put the ship releases on hold for a few months and focus on some of the game issues like the Mercy Rule for Co-op (just remove it - it serves no valid purpose in the mode - fine in PVP). Then try focusing on stuff like fixing MM that is such an issue in Randoms, adding some truly new maps (not slightly tweaked existing ones), finally give Co-op achievements of their own, make some new Scenarios, how about a new Campaign, figure out why the game crashes so much and fix it, work on the Port UI with better filters (like add a dry dock you can hide ships you don't play in so they don't show in carousel) and features (like demount all flags and set primary crew/return Capt to ship), etc...

Co-op matters for sure, even if they don't think so, but there is a lot wrong with the game they really need to fix across modes. I don't agree with them focusing on Randoms solely either as they have announced they are doing. Break up the employees into groups with areas to work on. If they put 1/2 as much energy into the real issues with the game, and things that would make it a lot more user friendly for ALL players, it would be a better use of their resources than making up paper ship lines no one asked for or controversial things like the CV rework and subs that might destroy their game. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,342 posts
6,237 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think WG needs to make the base game their priority not just one mode and slow down on the ship releases. They are throwing them at us so fast my head spins at times. Slowing them down is good for game longevity as well. Eventually they will run out of new lines to add so slow it up and spread it out.

Put the ship releases on hold for a few months and focus on some of the game issues like the Mercy Rule for Co-op (just remove it - it serves no valid purpose in the mode - fine in PVP). Then try focusing on stuff like fixing MM that is such an issue in Randoms, adding some truly new maps (not slightly tweaked existing ones), finally give Co-op achievements of their own, make some new Scenarios, how about a new Campaign, figure out why the game crashes so much and fix it, work on the Port UI with better filters (like add a dry dock you can hide ships you don't play in so they don't show in carousel) and features (like demount all flags and set primary crew/return Capt to ship), etc...

Co-op matters for sure, even if they don't think so, but there is a lot wrong with the game they really need to fix across modes. I don't agree with them focusing on Randoms solely either as they have announced they are doing. Break up the employees into groups with areas to work on. If they put 1/2 as much energy into the real issues with the game, and things that would make it a lot more user friendly for ALL players, it would be a better use of their resources than making up paper ship lines no one asked for or controversial things like the CV rework and subs that might destroy their game. 

Well said, Admiral. You make many good points.:Smile_great:

Though I can't agree (lol) on your 'head spinning' part. I thought you loved (lel) all the new ships that WG kept churning out, especially the DD's (lul) and the CV's (lal). And I just know you're actually ecstatic about the upcoming submarines... because who doesn't like submarines?? Thay are sho kewl, as they go "Woop Woop Woop" (??) when they silently stalk their prey from underwater, and go "PE-PEEEW!!" with their torpedoes, which then go "KER-POW" on the enemy ships... lololol. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

Jokes aside, I am kind of saddened a bit, because of how much of a low priority that the PvE mode really is. WG isn't saying much, but their actions reveal a lot more than their own statements, and it clearly shows. :Smile_sad:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
47 posts
14,640 battles

We are encouraged to partake in various earning opportunities and fight Naval Battles and yet a battle ending with 3 nearly full health enemy BB's are alive and my F D Grosse gets 239 base XP. Even when trying to engage in battle this is the kind of mercy baloney thing that's not a big deal apparently..... to Wargaming anyway. I play mostly Co-oP. We invest money to fully engage, in most cases. The more we enjoy.... well you know the rest.

Edited by oldrustyguns
more detail

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
142 posts
9,001 battles

Latest games of disappointment, especially the end where I was facing down full health ships, then I got "Mercy ruled."

Fix it.

image.thumb.png.85dcdddb156af88ef468624dfa2d873d.pngimage.thumb.png.382ba0b350ac0a05062dc320008b7cb5.png

Edited by CC123
  • Cool 2

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,311 battles
On 2/7/2020 at 11:21 AM, CC123 said:

This is becoming the norm.

If you get one or more DDs on your team, its officially a race to get as much damage as you can before the mercy rule kicks in and the xp/damage is cancelled before all ships on the other team are sunk.

In this instance, all 3 bbs on the oposing team were full health. Even charging with boost on (at 39 notts in the SL) I was unable to even get my own torps off before the game ended.

This is rediculous, and before everybody posts "wargaming have stated that COOP and scenarios are not a priority," I am aware of this and do not care.

If enough people voice their dissatisfaction then this may prompt WG to make COOP and scenarios a priority. If you do not post about it, you only prove their position that it should not be a priority.

If you agree with my post and want this fixed, voice your dissatisfaction and paste your screen dumps of 9V8, 9v7 and 9v6 COOP battles......like this one.

image.thumb.png.d3b0aa6d21b9d24ba7c958067d2b432d.png

Fully agree with you CC123. Eliminate the so called 'Mercy Rule' (more correctly described as a WG profit making scam) across ALL battle types. 

• Cool 2

[ICOP]
Members
426 posts
13,643 battles

It even gets you in DDs.  Set up a cruiser who was hunting me in my Cossack, with one torp launcher, timed it out so I had torps, lured him in, torps were tracking to give me the kill - and the game ends with my quarry still alive and me with 30k less damage and the better part of 1k less XP.

Of course, the usual (censored) troll who has nothing better to do with his life than pooh-pooh the Co-op mains and to say the mode is nothing but a boot camp for "real" (random) players will continue to troll this unmercifully - get your popcorn popper out.

Meanwhile, I'll be seeing some WG employees in person in 6 days, and I'll be giving them this message in the most clear terms possible, you can be sure.  Hope you have a good day in Co-op and Scenarios, PvE mains - happy battles!

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
1,160 posts
10,421 battles
On 2/16/2020 at 7:24 AM, Thunder_Feet said:

It even gets you in DDs.  Set up a cruiser who was hunting me in my Cossack, with one torp launcher, timed it out so I had torps, lured him in, torps were tracking to give me the kill - and the game ends with my quarry still alive and me with 30k less damage and the better part of 1k less XP.

Of course, the usual (censored) troll who has nothing better to do with his life than pooh-pooh the Co-op mains and to say the mode is nothing but a boot camp for "real" (random) players will continue to troll this unmercifully - get your popcorn popper out.

Meanwhile, I'll be seeing some WG employees in person in 6 days, and I'll be giving them this message in the most clear terms possible, you can be sure.  Hope you have a good day in Co-op and Scenarios, PvE mains - happy battles!

Well give 'em both(metaphorical) barrels, sprinkle lots of rock salt in with that truth. Not that it will do a bit of good.

*I said 'metaphorical' so all you paladins and holy inquisitors just chill.  Try not to get all vapor locked & keep your knickers un-bunched, OK?

• Funny 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,481 posts
24,659 battles

WG have pretty much shown that they are in no hurry whatsoever to bestow any favours on the PVE community. I'm not holding my breath for any change in the 'mercy rule'.

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles

I will have a video out tomorrow in regards to the "mercy rule" if anyone wants to go find it before I post it here themselves. 

[PVE]
Members
120 posts
5,096 battles

I really wish wargaming could just remove the extra player/bot which they added in the first place to co-op. Isn't that what lead to the huge problem we're having with the mercy rule? I think I saw something somewhere which said they can't just remove the mercy rule from co-op, it would also have to be removed from PvP. It seems like most of my battles are ending now in frustration because of the mercy rule. Not fun at all. 

Edited by JM1983

[FNTRP]
Members
4 posts
3,348 battles

i agree they need to at least dedicate some time to coop. i don't like the sit and wait of randoms. both to get in a match and for the fighting to commence. the least war gaming can do is make it so you can complete more achievements and personal battles in coop. some of us don't want to play random. you should accommodate us as well ..