You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheLongRangeCow

Thanks for a fun night of warships

30 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
5,634 battles

Went 0-7 today in a fun series of rounds where nothing in my power could be done to carry these teams.  It isn't even the weekend yet.  Love you too, Wargaming <3

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.02.06 - 19.57.49.52 (2).png

• Funny 1

[NEMO]
Members
128 posts
11,247 battles

Mine was nearly that last night, T7-8 mostly. It was so bad I did a park-n-sink in one game and went to next game and was still the high scorer on my side. Most did not want to come out from behind rocks. It was just awful.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,564 posts

WG didn't play those games.  The players did.  The loss is on those players, not WG.

The other team in those games, won.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,584 posts
15,711 battles

I had a 0-15 Sunday once

1rst session 0-5

4 hour break

2nd session 0-5

4 hour break

3rd session in division with help from clan mate that didn't believe me what I told him about being jinxed for the day..... 0-5

[WOLFG]
Members
29,050 posts
8,308 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

WG didn't play those games.  The players did.  The loss is on those players, not WG.

The other team in those games, won.

Exactly.

Not only that, but if you need to win to have fun, you're playing the wrong game. Even if you're a purple, you can still be losing 40% of your games.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
3,685 posts
22,460 battles

Smolensk & Harugumo aren't good ships to be the protagonist in, fantastic support ships, but cant lead the team. 

So if your team is weak you really struggle in them to get a win.

• Cool 1

Members
2,915 posts
36,725 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I had a 0-15 Sunday once

1rst session 0-5

4 hour break

2nd session 0-5

4 hour break

3rd session in division with help from clan mate that didn't believe me what I told him about being jinxed for the day..... 0-5

Wow, that's a rough day.

I would buy you a beer if it would help.

I have been in the doldrums of randoms when you realistically had a chance, but I also had that day or 3 where nothing you or a division mate could do would turn the tide.

I want to say, try a different time of day or night, but you probably did that.

I hope it's gets better for you and your mates.

But look at it this way.

I measure failure as I made a mistake in judgement and it cost us the match. That includes failing to get an objective or contribution to defense.

If I made the effort, and I gave it my best, then even in a loss, I have no regrets.

Good luck and fair seas

<O

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
20 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I had a 0-15 Sunday once

1rst session 0-5

4 hour break

2nd session 0-5

4 hour break

Then you get days where you can't do anything wrong.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Lossing isn't fun. Try div'ing up. Or just call it a night early if your off your game.

• Cool 2

Members
291 posts
16,088 battles

Someone in a clan I was in once went 0-14.  If that doesn’t make you feel better, I will say after a certain amount of losses, I will say that it’s not your team, it’s you.  

When I have streaks like that one, I stop playing for a few hours, maybe even a day or two.  

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
17 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Lossing isn't fun. Try div'ing up. Or just call it a night early if your off your game.

It’s not always the OP who is off their game.  Majority of high tier players have absolutely no idea what they’re doing, or should be doing.  It’s the frequency this happens that has driven, and will drive many players away from a game.  Wether you’re on the clobbered side, or the one with the club.  5-7 min games are stupid when it takes 2 of those minutes to get into position.  

Edited by BarneyStyle
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,584 posts
15,711 battles
42 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I have no regrets.

Thanks.

It was a mix, Had several games starting off that the team was half gone in about five minutes. Where when they died, they died in clusters. Not like one sunk a little while later another sunk.

it was like two or three would sink almost on top of each other, a minute later two or three died. Next thing you know the fleet is half strength, no red ships sank.

A couple of those games made me second guess how I played and my abilities. Then just started throwing stuff against the wall with different ships, classes. Didn't matter. It was just one of those days. After that I decided to be absolutely sure to get Naval Battles done BEFORE Sunday. To this day.

iu (65).jpg

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,584 posts
15,711 battles
45 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Then you get days where you can't do anything wrong.

This is true. When I start winning in upper tier cruisers I know the worm has turned.

I should buy lottery tickets on those days lol

• Cool 1

Members
2,915 posts
36,725 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Thanks.

It was a mix, Had several games starting off that the team was half gone in about five minutes. Where when they died, they died in clusters. Not like one sunk a little while later another sunk.

it was like two or three would sink almost on top of each other, a minute later two or three died. Next thing you know the fleet is half strength, no red ships sank.

A couple of those games made me second guess how I played and my abilities. Then just started throwing stuff against the wall with different ships, classes. Didn't matter. It was just one of those days. After that I decided to be absolutely sure to get Naval Battles done BEFORE Sunday. To this day.

iu (65).jpg

Oh yes, Sunday.

What is it about Sunday that everyone avoids playing in randoms like there is contagious disease.

It's not like you can contract potato.

It's more like you are consumed by a potato that looks like Grimace from McDonald's.

<O

• Funny 1

Members
2,915 posts
36,725 battles
56 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

It’s not always the OP who is off their game.  Majority of high tier players have absolutely no idea what they’re doing, or should be doing.  It’s the frequency this happens that has driven, and will drive many players away from a game.  Wether you’re on the clobbered side, or the one with the club.  5-7 min games are stupid when it takes 2 of those minutes to get into position.  

And the worse part is neither side gets enough XP.

In long matches, it was not uncommon for the winning team to have nearly the players with almost 4 digit XP.

A game that quick leaves even winning teams breaking even, or just the top two or three with that 4 digit XP.

Someone described one battle like that scene from the movie, The Man With Two Brains, where Dr Haffharr did a "one and done". And the Doctor's wife said: "That's it?"

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles
1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

And that can't be controlled by OP, which is why I suggested things he can control. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,674 posts
12,381 battles

Me also.... Most of these game complete blow out.

So many of my team just refuse to come out from behind island. No pushing at all

image.thumb.png.dd068688b43eda3e10e9fcab29a90c2e.png

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,321 battles

I personally wouldn't worry if you have loosing streaks, many times I have won 15 plus games in a row, then have massive loosing streaks, it like a tide that ebbs and flows.

There is atm, the mentality of a lot of players, to have others win it for them as you see them still sitting around the spawn to scared to move up, and actually get shot at, which I always find amusing, that people play a war game and are showing the true cowards they are.

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
6 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

It's been good for me lately.

2-7-solo.PNG

Someone had to be on the opposite end.

Edited by BarneyStyle

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,418 battles
9 hours ago, TheLongRangeCow said:

Went 0-7 today in a fun series of rounds where nothing in my power could be done to carry these teams.  It isn't even the weekend yet.  Love you too, Wargaming <3

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.02.06 - 19.57.49.52 (2).png

With your win rate of 47.59%, the chance of losing 7 games in a row is 

(1-.4759)^7 or 1.1%

Which is unlikely, but if you play every day, you will get this about 3 times a year.

Solution? Get better at the game.

If you are a UU, then your chances of losing 7 in a row becomes 0.02%, thus you will likely never experience this in your wows career again.

[TMS]
Members
3,351 posts

Sometimes i just don't care and not worrying about winning because playing with clanmates grinding new ships can be more fun and they are not caring about winning either because at times the teams are not worth the effort .

image.thumb.png.d38882e07debed8214b0c8c60a15e844.png

And then there are times i do.

image.thumb.png.8b14e6d15b9cf6924b8b134353e6feb4.png

Edited by Final8ty