You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fast_Battleship_Iowa

Is it possible to earn Smolensk before it's removed?

33 comments in this topic

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,504 posts
6,177 battles

Is it even possible to get before it's removed?

244,000 coal in ~2 months seems impossible, and even with a coupon (183,000 coal) players are looking at ~3,050 coal a day, for 60 days to get it.

Members
6,854 posts
15,264 battles

Best you'll do with 3 crates is 3600, worst you'll do is 1200, more likely closer to 2k. But where it will vary is what you get in event crates, ranked sprint, supercontainers, etc. 

It's possible, but unlikely. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
7 minutes ago, Fast_Battleship_Iowa said:

244,000 coal in ~2 months seems impossible, and even with a coupon (183,000 coal) players are looking at ~3,050 coal a day, for 60 days to get it.

That's also the worst case scenario that you have no coal at all but most people have some coal. I would feel bad if someone just spent all there coal on a ship today and have none that's a bummer . But most people are sitting on some coal reserves . I just spent all my coal on the Thunderer a little while ago I have 20,000 already .

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,382 posts
14,152 battles

I don't think this is a permanent removal as the ship is really only a terror in the hands of top players.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,356 posts
15,764 battles

If starting from Zero, unlikely. If you have some and are willing to convert steel then yeah maybe.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

It's possible. Ducky has the numbers, in his post, the only thing to add is begging off your clan leader for the treasury coal, might not be a lot but maybe the difference between smol and no smol.

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think this is a permanent removal as the ship is really only a terror in the hands of top players.

On the stream I was watching they said it was being removed because to many people owned her not because it was OP . They said it will probable be back later . 

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,132 posts
4,958 battles
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

They said it will probable be back later . 

I have found that is WG slang for Christmas crates. If I recall, they used the exact same phrase for Kronstadt and Musashi

• Cool 4

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

On the stream I was watching they said it was being removed because to many people owned her not because it was OP . They said it will probable be back later . 

Yeap -- Wargaming I guess considers population perhaps more important than any other factor in these things.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,382 posts
14,152 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Yeah, that is what I heard. It is a toxic ship but that doesn't make it over powered.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
1 minute ago, _BBaby said:

I have found that is WG slang for Christmas crates. If I recall, they used the exact same phrase for Kronstadt and Musashi

Yes you could be right no doubt but they didn't sound like that .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yeap -- Wargaming I guess considered population perhaps more important than any other factor in these things.

He basically said that for game and tier balance there was too many of them so there removing it for a while .

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,132 posts
4,958 battles
40 minutes ago, Fast_Battleship_Iowa said:

From scratch, using only dailies, factoring in the coal drop RNG, I doubt you could get all the way there. 

However if you count your currently balance of coal, steel, coal missions, clan treasury, upcoming ranked/CB/CBrawl/Ranked sprints.... I think it is more than doable.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

well, if you are in a clan, you will also get clan bonus.   if you need 183k,  it probably is possible if you grind daily.   daily missions sometimes give coal as well as some of the missions from  ship line grind. 244k probably is tough though. in bit over a month, I got 150k coal 

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

This is the very thing they said about the mighty mo when it was removed. To many people had it, were playing it they wanted to remove it and have people buy the others like Musashi. This ship will never return once its gone...... bank on it. 

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,328 posts
31,712 battles
12 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

This is the very thing they said about the mighty mo when it was removed.

Yes.  The notorious "will always be for sale" nonsense,  I can't remember the exact phrase they used before removing it permanently.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
14 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Yes.  The notorious "will always be for sale" nonsense,  I can't remember the exact phrase they used before removing it permanently.

I don't remember them saying that at all about mighty Mo she was a credit earning monster removed for totally different reasons . Everybody knew she was gone never to return except in rare crates .

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles

really it all depends on how much you currently have

[LEGIT]
Members
2,328 posts
31,712 battles
12 minutes ago, clammboy said:
30 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I don't remember them saying that at all about mighty Mo she was a credit earning monster removed for totally different reasons . Everybody knew she was gone never to return except in rare crates .

WG specifically stated that Missouri would always be available.  Others who've been around a while will remember.

[R-SKY]
Members
291 posts
15,997 battles
10 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

WG specifically stated that Missouri would always be available.  Others who've been around a while will remember.

Technically, it is.  If you can get a lucky drop in an Xmas/new year container.  That’s how I got mine.

Members
174 posts
17,336 battles

Kick scratch misappropriated funds whatever it takes because it's worth it....

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I believe I have missed some info... The Smolensk is being removed?

Members
4,332 posts
11,177 battles
18 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

I believe I have missed some info... The Smolensk is being removed?

Yes, it was announced yesterday that Smolensk and Jean Bart are getting removed from the armory ‘temporarily’ in 9.3 because they are too popular and are oversaturating the MM pool (aka they’re going to be coming back in December in the Santa Crates as rare drops like Missouri and Nikolai for all the whales), and the non-t10 steel ships are getting removed because they aren’t popular enough and will be coming back soonTM for coal (so probably 6-8 months down the road according to most of the guesses I’ve seen).

To the OP, assuming you have a coupon and absolutely no coal right now, assuming you are in a clan with max coal buildings it would take a minimum 139 days to earn completing both stages of the daily missions and getting two crates a day (and only getting coal in the first slot on each of them), and 104 days if you get all three. Since multiple coal crates seem to be getting more popular, if you assume an average of 2k coal a day instead of 1760 (the minimum you can get with three crates) you’ll get there in 92 days, and adding in rewards from ranked sprints (and steel from normal ranked if you are so inclined to convert) and events lets say you get down to 80-82 days, It’s doable but very tough. If you don’t have a coupon....well, lets just say you’ll need to convert a lot of steel or get a really good RNG streak and hit two and three coal crates pretty much every single time (which would get you enough coal with no coupon in 62 days).

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Yes, it was announced yesterday that Smolensk and Jean Bart are getting removed from the armory ‘temporarily’ in 9.3 because they are too popular and are oversaturating the MM pool (aka they’re going to be coming back in December in the Santa Crates as rare drops like Missouri and Nikolai for all the whales), and the non-t10 steel ships are getting removed because they aren’t popular enough and will be coming back soonTM for coal (so probably 6-8 months down the road according to most of the guesses I’ve seen). 

Oh no way!  That is crazy!  I mean, I do agree that it is overpopulated but it seems like the majority have the population does have it so removing is like ehhh, ok.