Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aaron_S_Merrill

Sometimes you just can't do enough

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

503
[BOTO]
Members
1,258 posts
15,339 battles

I tried to carry but to no avail.  I'll admit, it was fun trying but I don't know if that outweighed the frustration. Even more frustrating when you realize that you earned more base XP than the highest scoring player on the winning team.

buddy1.PNG

buddy2.PNG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,589
Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles

This is  perfect example of why player rating and rewards per game should be based on player's performance and not gimped by the fact he had teammates who's mothers were strapping them in the high chair to play this game. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,248
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,086 posts
4,071 battles
7 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Welcome to Warships

This. Pretty much everyone has set their personal damage record on a loss, myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
503
[BOTO]
Members
1,258 posts
15,339 battles
45 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

This. Pretty much everyone has set their personal damage record on a loss, myself included.

This was 4k short of my damage record in the Budyonny.  My overall record was set in a win (another extremely hard carry that worked out) but I'm guessing slightly more of my individual ship records were set in losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,106 posts
25,887 battles

Ever carry five pounds of potato's ? You'll notice it gets very heavy after a while...…... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[R-SKY]
Members
291 posts
16,006 battles

1.  Are you communicating with your teammates during the countdown and during battle?  Asking players to help you out with your ideas goes a long way.  I don’t do crazy damage or get a lot of kills but letting a dd know he has your support for a cap before the game starts goes a long way.  

2.  Don’t give orders, players resent it in game, they are people, not drones.

3.  Develop positive relationships with your teammates.  “Baltimore I (we) would appreciate it you followed us to C, we will smoke for you”, etc.  Players are more willing to help when they know you have a plan.

I have improved my win rate immensely by asking others for help during countdown and battle by not being bossy and not insulting other players.  

I know this thread wasn’t specifically about what I am talking about.  However I thought that I would mention that planning and coordinating with manners seems to be a lost and still very effective art.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
316
[LSNB]
Members
1,579 posts
4,409 battles
24 minutes ago, RedZoneCMDR said:

Are you communicating with your teammates during the countdown and during battle?

Well, if I only loaded in early.

Good for you and your karma rating :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles

Any time you make more base experience than the top player on the winning team is one heck of a match. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,197
[--K--]
Members
1,342 posts
10,140 battles

Just had an Asashio on the enemy team gun down a shima and a Kidd within 3 minutes of the game start, got a double strike.

shut the phucking game off, hopefully forever.  Idk how 90% of these clowns made it to tier 10, but I’m done wasting my time playing this [edited] game.

Edited by BarneyStyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
503
[BOTO]
Members
1,258 posts
15,339 battles
On 2/6/2020 at 6:13 PM, RedZoneCMDR said:

1.  Are you communicating with your teammates during the countdown and during battle?  Asking players to help you out with your ideas goes a long way.  I don’t do crazy damage or get a lot of kills but letting a dd know he has your support for a cap before the game starts goes a long way.  

2.  Don’t give orders, players resent it in game, they are people, not drones.

3.  Develop positive relationships with your teammates.  “Baltimore I (we) would appreciate it you followed us to C, we will smoke for you”, etc.  Players are more willing to help when they know you have a plan.

I have improved my win rate immensely by asking others for help during countdown and battle by not being bossy and not insulting other players.  

I know this thread wasn’t specifically about what I am talking about.  However I thought that I would mention that planning and coordinating with manners seems to be a lost and still very effective art.

Although I type fairly fast, it's a bit hard to constantly communicate with your team through chat when you're busy trying to keep the game close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,771
[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

My view of the results... Its a team game after all... As much as one can brag about how much DMG was farmed, kills made or how many achievements were achieved.. It comes down to individual units.

This is my break down of the match...As I see it (ala Canelo VS who ever situation).

REd DDs sunk 4 of you guys... TO me that is cruiser fail...

I got to give credit to the BBs, no red cruiser made a kill and all were sunk.

Your CV driver might of thrown the game for you guys... The red CV was out for blood, he manage 2 kills.. Only because you were able to hoard achievements, did you earn more then him..

As much as I want to say DD fail for you guys... I really cant in good faith, come down with that conclusion... Mainly, the red CV suppressed/subdue their efforts to the point of making them useless/dead weight class.

In summery I would conclude, the red side did a great job is neutering your DDs. It happens.

Overall tremendous effort on your part...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
330
[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,175 battles

Keep trying, never give up. Sometimes it pays off and you can turn things around. Had two battles in last week where the enemy had all 3 caps red, were up on points by 400 or so, and we were down 4 or more ships 10 minutes into the match. In both just a couple of us were able to turn things around for the victory. I think the enemy team got over confident and sloppy, and we made them pay for it.

Pretty rare anymore but it can still happen if the RNG gods are on your side. Nice game, to bad you did not have another couple of team mates pulling their weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,589
Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

My view of the results... Its a team game after all... As much as one can brag about how much DMG was farmed, kills made or how many achievements were achieved.. It comes down to individual units.

 

 

what?

See the source image

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,327
Members
1,423 posts
7,116 battles
On 2/6/2020 at 5:14 PM, Waxing_Gibbous said:

This is  perfect example of why player rating and rewards per game should be based on player's performance and not gimped by the fact he had teammates who's mothers were strapping them in the high chair to play this game. 

100% agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×