You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Running Out OF Juliet Charlies and Detonating

42 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

This is the stupidest thing.

Do I really HAVE to check that I have enough JCs before every time I go into battle? Why isn't there a better way?

Dets are dumb, but nothing you can do about it but mount JCs. Fine. But really??? Why do I have to monitor the level of one signal to ensure that my game experience isn't completely ruined completely at random?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

0 posts

The least they should fix moments when if you detonate multiple times per day - you should get multiple time detonation consolation prize (flags). I haven't been detonated multiple times per day lately, but I still have nightmares about being detonated 5 times in my Khaba in one day couple years ago... 

PTSD detonation veterans should get compensation - memorable premium camo "Burning Man" with liquid metal splashes and smoked decks (with -100% detonation bonus)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

Use Magazine Modification 1 in slot one " Reduces the risk of magazine detonation: -70% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonation."

You will still detonate some but you can then save the JC's for CB and/or Ranked.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

I rarely get detonated in game anymore.  I use detonation flags on my DDs, but rarely on any other ships unless in clan battles or ranked.  Every so often, the detonation bug gets me though and I'll get detonated in a few games in a short period of time in ships I don't normally get detonated in.  It hasn't happened for while.  I hope my time isn't up.:Smile_hiding:

I got detonated in my Brindisi a couple of days ago in a match.  I was going to die anyway, so it didn't matter.  But, I do hate them because they are such a random event, triggered by a close shot that most likely hit due to randomness.  

If we have a flag that negates detonating, then why do we actually need detonations in the game?  I think it is mostly due to WG wanting as many credit/resource sinks in the game as they can get.  I think that is also why WG doesn't give out JC flags for every detonation in a day.  They want you to buy more if you need them.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles

Just a reminder, you can always pick up more det flags in the armory using credits. I myself just picked up a load of them after detonating on the weekend:

image.png

Fem,

• Cool 1

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

Im running low on camos, india yankee and india delta, now, for standard accounts, earning 20k credits per game is tough, extremely hard to get anywhere in the game.

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

Try getting detonated in Co op you get nothing. Then, since your team was all bots because of the new mm rules, you suffer a defeat.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
15 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Just a reminder, you can always pick up more det flags in the armory using credits. I myself just picked up a load of them after detonating on the weekend:

image.png

Fem,

You missed the point.

I clearly am aware that I can purchase the flags. I had flags, but ran out. My issue is that I have to check ALL THE TIME to ensure that I don't run out, and I find that tiresome and silly and am complaining that there isn't a way to auto re-stock.

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

I have 532 you can buy from me.  Dets are so rare I don't use them. They just take up signal space for more important battle or economic flags.  Since I said this watch me get Detted 50 times this month LOL  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles

Just a word if advice, if you do det it's a good time to run a JC; the odds of multiple dets are greater than a single det. Just the nature of randomness. 

• Confused 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,451 posts
6,504 battles

Wished I could sell you some of the 1300 I have... I guess I'm saving for something?  Ranked is the only real reason I use them..except in a few DDs..  They are piling up fast,  as about 50% of my super containers (which are about as frequent as detonations) net me 100 more.    

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
32 minutes ago, legozer said:

You missed the point.

I clearly am aware that I can purchase the flags. I had flags, but ran out. My issue is that I have to check ALL THE TIME to ensure that I don't run out, and I find that tiresome and silly and am complaining that there isn't a way to auto re-stock.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
53 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Try getting detonated in Co op you get nothing. Then, since your team was all bots because of the new mm rules, you suffer a defeat.

Well, technically it is a draw so OMG your win rate will drop from 95% to 94.99.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,342 posts
19,563 battles
28 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Just a word if advice, if you do det it's a good time to run a JC; the odds of multiple dets are greater than a single det. Just the nature of randomness.

Dude no, come on. Your stats teacher is crying right now. Independent events are independent.

• Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
9 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Dude no, come on. Your stats teacher is crying right now. Independent events are independent.

Until they aren't.....:Smile_amazed:

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Well, technically it is a draw so OMG your win rate will drop from 95% to 94.99.

Then it must be the 2  human matches, had 1 last night.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,050 posts
8,304 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

image.png

Fem,

Ouch.

That's pretty much 100k per match.

I'd rather just run out TBH.

• Funny 1

[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles
1 hour ago, Raven2303 said:

Im running low on camos, india yankee and india delta, now, for standard accounts, earning 20k credits per game is tough, extremely hard to get anywhere in the game.

Funny enough, my first daily container was a super container, and it gave me 50 restless fire camos, lmbo

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Ouch.

I've been on a HUGE run where my team loses 2 or 3 BBs RIGHT away and then can't recover. Detonating is just salt in the wound, and I'm really trying to do all I can do to win, so paying off 100k/game is worth it until I can start winning again.

[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles
41 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Random events are not evenly distributed over time. In fact they tend to clump. Check out the theorems of Simeon Poisson. This is proven math. 

Google Poisson Distribution as that's the term for it

[WOLFG]
Members
29,050 posts
8,304 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

I've been on a HUGE run where my team loses 2 or 3 BBs RIGHT away and then can't recover. Detonating is just salt in the wound, and I'm really trying to do all I can do to win, so paying off 100k/game is worth it until I can start winning again.

I guess it depends on how your credit balance is, and if you primarily play DDs.

I'm a free player, and even I have enough matches that detonations aren't going to change my WR, even if they do cause losses. But I mostly play cruisers and BBs, and I think every BB det I've had has been from a torp to the nose lol.

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,072 battles

Detonation is such cool and exciting,  i really need to make it my mission to get detonated on a daily basis to collect more Juliet Charlies signals.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,451 posts
6,504 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Ouch.

You know...   Your post just snapped me to a pretty hard reality.. I've been buying these things and several other more expensive ones a lot over time... not ever really stopping to ponder the actually cost per battle.    I could actually kick myself right now....in terms of thinking about it at that cost, I really wonder how many are worth it?  I suppose in some premiums that really pay a lot for added damage or performance, maybe?  CB or ranked  - sure...  Randoms? ..   I've been dumb.   

Members
1,441 posts
10,607 battles

This is something that's bothered me about the UI for a while now. The game is constantly spamming me with notices about auto resupply succeeding which is pointless info that just clutters up the screen and lags the client, but when auto resupply fails the game doesn't say a word. Isn't that backwards, shouldn't the game tell me when it fails not when it succeeds?

Edited by Rouxi

[TRU]
Members
605 posts
18,253 battles

After not running any JC flags and not being detonated for a long while, I felt immune.  

Then in one night, in a total of 5 games, I was detonated 3 times.   After the first and second time I thought.....what are the odds of a third time in one night?  

F.  

That was one way to restock my supply.