You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

4 Directives 0 Botes

44 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
15,984 battles

I think it's really odd that with an event designed to introduce everyone to the British Heavy CA's that the bundles for Tokens are giving out so few of them.

I think the Tier V should have dropped more often, and frankly the drop rates overall should have been higher.

They're just tech tree ships, so why WG has been so stingy with them is beyond me. 

Another event falls flat. At least they didn't set the forums aflame.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles

What I don't like about it is that it's a game of chance, the directives are the same for every one, yet you have to be lucky to get a ship. I managed to get 1 right away and then no more. Some people get more and some people get less for doing the same grind. Then of course you can spend up to 64,000 Doubloons to guarantee you get all 4. If WG wanted to get any gold from me, they should have made sure there was a ship in the first window, but that is all they would have gotten. I never have had much luck at games of chance. I can be happy with one, I didn't like it in the first place and if the rest of the line is like that one, it's going to be a chore to finish out the line.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
760 posts
15,984 battles

Then of course you can spend up to 64,000 Doubloons to guarantee you get all 4.

Yeah, this the EA syndrome starting up. Instead of wanting just some of our money, for a return of good value - they end up wanting all our money for whatever they decide to give us in return. 

[CK5]
Members
1,374 posts
14,359 battles

No luck after four directives for me as well.  TBH, I am not terribly upset as the RN heavies look very bland to me.  I don't think I am missing very much and I can always FXP my way up later if I change my mind.  I do mind the incredibly bad luck on the draw, however.  

• Cool 1

Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles

I'm in the same bote.  You would think that in 4 directives they would let you have at least 1-2 ships. Otherwise what's the point?

[GLF]
Members
1,016 posts
16,213 battles

Wouldn't want to give away the farm or anything. 

Kinda like the relatively rare thanksgiving camos that include   +5% FXP.    WHOA... how game breaking! 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,460 posts
6,514 battles

Not to spoil anyone's parade,  I got all 4 in 1st three directives from the token crates.  Got the T6/7 back to back.    Previous to this one...  I only got 1 of the spaghetti boats from that event.. and came up blank in all the previous early release event  dating all the way back to RN DD intro, which only unlocked the T5 for me.  It can happen.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
27 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

What I don't like about it is that it's a game of chance, the directives are the same for every one, yet you have to be lucky to get a ship. I managed to get 1 right away and then no more. Some people get more and some people get less for doing the same grind. Then of course you can spend up to 64,000 Doubloons to guarantee you get all 4. If WG wanted to get any gold from me, they should have made sure there was a ship in the first window, but that is all they would have gotten. I never have had much luck at games of chance. I can be happy with one, I didn't like it in the first place and if the rest of the line is like that one, it's going to be a chore to finish out the line.

It was always a matter of luck but the odds to get at least one mission for a ship seemed to be a lot higher than with this token system.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,076 posts
3,719 battles

I've not done directive 4 yet, but that's all that's left. So far no boats, just a few flags and camos.

Very exciting stuff to be sure.

Members
4,366 posts
11,269 battles

I’m still finishing up the last directive and so far have gotten Surrey (from the first and only doubloon bundle I’m buying since the second one is just some flags), and finally got Devonshire last night from the tokens from directive 3. Devonsire isn’t as big now since I also have a ship higher up, but a free ship and permacamo is a free ship and permacamo. Still have another 5 or 6 bundles I can pick up, but I’m not holding out too much hope of getting another ship.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,424 posts
15,895 battles

Looks like I will end up with one. Remember the goal is to just spread out the player base. So they really only need to have 1/3 to 1/2 of us start the patch in different tiers. 

[WOLF3]
Members
309 posts
9,602 battles

On the bright side you will be good to go for a line reset in the armory since you are not skipping any ships.

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles
1 hour ago, RevTKS said:

They're just tech tree ships, so why WG has been so stingy with them is beyond me.

Don't they come with a permanent cammo?

Still, I haven't finished the last directive, but so far no ships and the next crate isn't one either.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Only Hawkins with tokens from all 4 directives.. until completing the daily Tuesday, then Devonshire popped up in the next one. 

...and it will stay there as I can't earn any more tokens, stuck at 10

CRAP

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,568 posts
11,184 battles
1 hour ago, RevTKS said:

Yeah, this the EA syndrome starting up. Instead of wanting just some of our money, for a return of good value - they end up wanting all our money for whatever they decide to give us in return. 

Or you could just wait and grind them for free but then I'm sure something else would be wrong .

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,163 battles

I think I have gotten tiers 5, 6 and 7 from tokens so far. At the moment, I am not really interested in them so they are just sitting in my port. Maybe some day, I will take them out for a spin.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,931 posts
15,419 battles

Congratulation on players who got early access ship, the forces are with you

But please add me to the list of the un-fortunate one as, I too did not have my RNGodness smile upon me. No ships what so ever

Members
6,621 posts
20,658 battles
32 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Or you could just wait and grind them for free but then I'm sure something else would be wrong .

What is the  point of new patches and content if there is no new content?

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

The first Doubloon one was the Hawkins; tokens = a big fat zero for any of the other ships, but got other free stuff so :cap_like:

The way it goes sometimes.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,568 posts
11,184 battles
26 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

What is the  point of new patches and content if there is no new content?

There was content some people  just didn't get anything that's the way it goes . I still have 380 tokens I didn't spend the 1000 doubloons and I didn't use the tokens I don't even know if there good for anything when it runs out .

Edited by clammboy
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,909 battles
2 hours ago, RevTKS said:

I think it's really odd that with an event designed to introduce everyone to the British Heavy CA's that the bundles for Tokens are giving out so few of them.

I think the Tier V should have dropped more often, and frankly the drop rates overall should have been higher.

Another event falls flat. At least they didn't set the forums aflame.

Ditto - a total non-event :)

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,909 battles
Just now, clammboy said:

There was content some people  just did get anything that's the way it goes . I still have 380 tokens I didn't spend the 1000 doubloons and I didn't use the tokens I don't even know if there good for anything when it runs out .

4,500 credits each lol