You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

The T9 Blach Hole

15 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
638 posts
21,611 battles

Why is T9 seem like a Black Hole? The ships are terrible for the most part, The Izzy stopped my push to Yamato. Donskoi is a good example of how  most Russian ships really were,  The FD Grobe terrible but the IZZY still tops. I wont even start on the Itala-tin fleet. The list is pretty much full.  Where is the reasoning for making most T9 ships horrors and really squelching the desire to keep grinding, just to get to T10 where the ships are not cost effective unless you spend $20 a pop  (5-7k DB) for the 

[WW2]
Members
354 posts
6,899 battles

I've kinda noticed this too at least in some ships, Seattle, jutland, der grobe. I don't mind the mogador or yugumo. I'm split on brindisi, had some great games and some meh games during the grind for veniza. 

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

I promise you, your issue isn't the ships, and all you have to do at T10 to not lose credits is, well, not do badly.

Moving on to the ships in question. Izumo is actually pretty good, now. Brindisi is brutal if handled correctly. Fat Freddy is actually pretty good. All the T9 DD's are just nasty to face. I'll grant you Buffalo and Seattle aren't great, but they also aren't bad. Iowa is very strong. Lion is very strong. Alsace is freaky. I mean, I could go on and on, but I'm not going to. The real issue is that you just aren't good at the game, and rather than accept this, and try to learn, you instead blame all the ships and your teams.

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,255 battles

Even though a lot of ships at t9 are meh, the matchmaking for the tier is great. No cv games are frequent and all t9 games aren't uncommon. 

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles
2 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I've kinda noticed this too at least in some ships, Seattle, jutland, der grobe. I don't mind the mogador or yugumo. I'm split on brindisi, had some great games and some meh games during the grind for veniza. 

Jutland is one of the best DD's in the game.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

There are certainly some t9 stinkers, but most of them are fine, some even quite good. 

Hell, even the "izzy" which used to be a meme it was so bad has received so many buffs it's actually quite decent now. (still ugly as sin).

I might suggest 'git gud' as a solution to your so-called black hole.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
13,276 posts

Doesn't matter that much in coop where you tend to play OP.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Funny 1

[5IN]
Members
132 posts
25,128 battles

The Roon is very good at T9 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles

The Izumo has received several buffs so you may want to revisit it. Yeah it is still awkward to use but that is the nature of the beast.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,647 posts
5,000 battles
On 2/6/2020 at 11:07 AM, Chief_SeaDog said:

Why is T9 seem like a Black Hole? The ships are terrible for the most part, The Izzy stopped my push to Yamato. Donskoi is a good example of how  most Russian ships really were,  The FD Grobe terrible but the IZZY still tops. I wont even start on the Itala-tin fleet. The list is pretty much full.  Where is the reasoning for making most T9 ships horrors and really squelching the desire to keep grinding, just to get to T10 where the ships are not cost effective unless you spend $20 a pop  (5-7k DB) for the 

Izumo is very good, ugly, hideous even, but very potent.

The problem is you.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

Some of the Tier IX's are outright trash like Donskoi and Ibuki, some are pretty decent like Fletcher, and a few downright great like Jutland and Kitakaze.  The real problem for Tier IX is that most of them aren't worth keeping once you have the Tier X.

In Tier IX, I'd say as a whole, the BBs and DDs there are pretty decent.  But the Cruisers that tier, quite a bit are questionable at best.

Tier IX also has the reputation with those meh ships that are seen as a Paywall to get to Tier X.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,647 posts
5,000 battles
20 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Some of the Tier IX's are outright trash like Donskoi and Ibuki,

Ibuki did quite well by me.  So good that I was skeptical Zao could live up to its performance.

• Cool 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
On 2/6/2020 at 12:07 PM, Chief_SeaDog said:

FD Grobe terrible

SEKAI ICHI! Stroheim Enters DEATH BATTLE! by Doomblade2 on DeviantArt

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,376 battles

It's weird, some of the tech tree tier 9's aren't so great (with notable exceptions stated above) but tier 9 is a heyday of freemium/reward ship awesomeness. Friesland, Alaska, Jean Bart, Georgia come to mind immediately. These are ships that are not only effective but really really really fun to play. 

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
134 posts
17,031 battles
On 3/25/2020 at 11:21 PM, Helstrem said:

Ibuki did quite well by me.  So good that I was skeptical Zao could live up to its performance.

Yes. As usual, people think their experience is normal and generalize, like OP. You doing badly in a ship is much more likely to be the fault of you and not the ship.