Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dechion

A bit disappointed in the RN CA event

12 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,076 posts
3,719 battles

Over the past few weeks I've been poking away at the directives for the RN CAs. As of now I have finished the first 3 directives, and likely will finish the last this weekend

I was looking at the rewards and considering whether to get a few premium crates for the rewards they have.

Looking at the bundles and putting things in perspective for myself, the only things I am really interested in are the permanent camo for the RN CAs. I can grind the ships soon enough if needs be (looking likely as I have yet to pull a single ship from the slot machine).

I only considered briefly buying the premium crates, but decided that would be foolish. I could buy the camos outright for a total of 7K doubloons for tier 5-8. That's $28 at the worst conversion rate of "any number of doubloons".

I was hoping that the event wouldn't be a complete wash for me, but it has been. Makes me not want to bother with the 4th directive this weekend, but I know I will anyhow. Most of my playtime is weekend mornings, and most things would get completed anyhow just by playing. 

WG, I offer a suggestion for future events. The open ended nature of the containers available this time was very much a turn off to participating. Yes, the directives are easy, but the randomness of the rewards is quite discouraging.  

Not only am I not looking forward to completing the missions this weekend, I'm not really even wondering what's coming next. It's not burn out, as I still like to play, but the directives you've been running for a while now have turned me off to that aspect of the game. 

There have been directives that were very grind intensive, but with good rewards, and directives that were quite easy with little to no reward. I'm just suggesting trying something in between. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,842 battles

The event has been real lackluster, usually I'm pretty excited for new Cruisers since I "Main" them.

• Cool 2

Members
833 posts
5,798 battles

I’ve been splitting my time between this and the console version. Particularly after the PR event I began spending more time on console as I have more people over there and anyone decent on PC can really dominate over there. They’ve had tons of events with free ships involving manageable weekly grinds to unlock said ships. I just got a free JB on console just by do the the weekly missions. If PC had something like that I’d be more interested. Legends is currently releasing the rest of the RN cruiser line and giving away Belfast for the free weekly grind ship! A free Belfast just for playing? Of course I’ll go in for that.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,119 posts
4,088 battles

The whole thing has been very meh. The crate rewards are meh, and the ship drop rate is ludicrously low. Not that the ships are that impressive anyway. Moreover, there is nothing else to buy with the tokens. All the other events had other things (camo, flags, premium time) you could buy with the tokens. This time, nothing. Either spend the tokens on loot crates that probably won't drop the mediocre ships, or buy them to get a slightly better drop rate. Why would you even bother? The other events I've always just played, got a T5 or 6 cruiser, and with tokens grabbed a bunch of camos and/or premium time. This time all I've gotten is a couple flags. Yeah, real exciting.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

The whole thing has been very meh. The crate rewards are meh, and the ship drop rate is ludicrously low. Not that the ships are that impressive anyway. Moreover, there is nothing else to buy with the tokens. All the other events had other things (camo, flags, premium time) you could buy with the tokens. This time, nothing. Either spend the tokens on loot crates that probably won't drop the mediocre ships, or buy them to get a slightly better drop rate. Why would you even bother? The other events I've always just played, got a T5 or 6 cruiser, and with tokens grabbed a bunch of camos and/or premium time. This time all I've gotten is a couple flags. Yeah, real exciting.

I don't mind the mehness after the PR grindfest, but the inability to buy stuff with the tokens is something I don't like.  Especially with credits in the boxes.  The credits weren't really of a magnitude to matter to someone in a credit crunch.

[SALVO]
Members
24,805 posts
25,886 battles
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm also bothered by the low ship drop rate.  After all, these are (soon to be) tech tree ships, not premium ship.  I could understand if they wanted to make the lower tier (5 and 6) ships more common than the higher tier ships (7 and 8) in the crates.  And I suppose that I shouldn't complain, as I have gotten the Hawkins.  But I've completed all 4 of the directives, and the Hawkins is all that I've gotten.  

And to make matters worse, according to some people, the algorithm for the crates doesn't check to see if you already have the ship that it might want to drop.  So you can actually get, say, the Hawkins despite already having that same ship.  And that makes the annoyingly low drop rate even more frustrating.

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,623 battles
52 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

I’ve been splitting my time between this and the console version. Particularly after the PR event I began spending more time on console as I have more people over there and anyone decent on PC can really dominate over there. They’ve had tons of events with free ships involving manageable weekly grinds to unlock said ships. I just got a free JB on console just by do the the weekly missions. If PC had something like that I’d be more interested. Legends is currently releasing the rest of the RN cruiser line and giving away Belfast for the free weekly grind ship! A free Belfast just for playing? Of course I’ll go in for that.

The PC did have that when the game was new, just wait, when/if the console version becomes popular all those easy and free things will dry up.

Members
40 posts
926 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm also bothered by the low ship drop rate.  After all, these are (soon to be) tech tree ships, not premium ship.  I could understand if they wanted to make the lower tier (5 and 6) ships more common than the higher tier ships (7 and 8) in the crates.  And I suppose that I shouldn't complain, as I have gotten the Hawkins.  But I've completed all 4 of the directives, and the Hawkins is all that I've gotten.  

And to make matters worse, according to some people, the algorithm for the crates doesn't check to see if you already have the ship that it might want to drop.  So you can actually get, say, the Hawkins despite already having that same ship.  And that makes the annoyingly low drop rate even more frustrating.

I didn't realize it was random. I thought you got a new ship every so often. I got the Hawkins plus Devonshire and was looking forward to the Surrey. Hopefully I'll get it. They're certainly not my favorite ships (slow, short range; but heavy hitting, great AA, reasonably tough) however I liked that I got them free.

Yeah they're tech line ships but I didn't have to do any grinding more than I'm already doing for the other ships I'm running. So I'll take the mediocre 'prizes', I ain't too proud.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It doesn't check between the doubloon and token crates.  Which still kinda sucks.

Members
119 posts
24,725 battles

There's a big problem that I just thought was me having bad luck. I'm not getting anymore tokens and there's a thread where someone said that stopped on the 5th. BUT! in the Armory it says they are a temporary resource you can receive until 2/11/2020 and must spend by 3/10/2020. In another thread, there were about a dozen of us stuck on the Devonshire drop and now we have no ability to get tokens. Someone(s) at WoW needs to figure out the problem and let us know the true day we can't get any more of them. 20 crummy tokens is all I need to get the ship (same as the others) and they dead-ended us. Guess we'll just have to wait until the next update when the line is started.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
3 minutes ago, OldHippie72 said:

There's a big problem that I just thought was me having bad luck. I'm not getting anymore tokens and there's a thread where someone said that stopped on the 5th. BUT! in the Armory it says they are a temporary resource you can receive until 2/11/2020 and must spend by 3/10/2020. In another thread, there were about a dozen of us stuck on the Devonshire drop and now we have no ability to get tokens. Someone(s) at WoW needs to figure out the problem and let us know the true day we can't get any more of them. 20 crummy tokens is all I need to get the ship (same as the others) and they dead-ended us. Guess we'll just have to wait until the next update when the line is started.

The 2/11/2020 date is when directive 4 ends.

[PHD]
Members
161 posts
10,198 battles

Uh, people are never happy. Give them a hard grind, they complain, give them an easy one, they complain. No wonder WG doesn't listen to you, not even the player base knows what the hell it wants.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this