You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

ARP?

13 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
118 posts
4,432 battles

What is this ARP promotion? Are the ships and features permanent?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,086 posts
18,898 battles

Yes it's permanent. Anything you earns in this promotion is yours to keep.

It's based on a manga / anime from a few years ago, Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,536 posts
8,473 battles

Yes the ships are permanent.  But you have to go on the main website, log in, find the article, and click participate in the article.

I may have just been ninja'd

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,163 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yes it's permanent. Anything you earns in this promotion is yours to keep.

It's based on a manga / anime from a few years ago, Arpeggio of Blue Steel

the trailer is OK

I find AMVs slightly better.

This one shows all the ARP 'Captains' plus a few not in WoWS.

• Boring 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,347 posts
9,651 battles

In general I'm not a big anime fan, but I did find both the original Arpeggio series and the feature-film finale Cadenza to be entertaining. The ending was bittersweet in a weird way, with the main Fog protagonists Iona, Yamato, and Musashi all ending up dead.

• Funny 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,579 posts
4,409 battles
2 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Spoiler

In general I'm not a big anime fan, but I did find both the original Arpeggio series and the feature-film finale Cadenza to be entertaining. The ending was bittersweet in a weird way, with the main Fog protagonists Iona, Yamato, and Musashi all ending up dead.

Big spoilers

Not cool

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,163 battles
8 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Spoiler

yeah, very uncool

4 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Big spoilers

Not cool

The Manga is still on-going, thus it differs from the Anime/Movie.

[QNA]
Alpha Tester
30 posts
1,068 battles

I was going to ask about people’s experience with the ARP ships; just on the verge of grabbing the first & considering grinding all the way through...

But woah, spoilers. Even if it’s an old property, I’d say don’t just randomly blurt out character body counts & end resolutions to stories, unless the thread is marked for it. Be vaaaaague, at best. Allude, if you must. Be the metaphorical destroyer firing from smoke.

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts
31 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I appreciate the spoiler. I wasn't keen on watching the cartoons. Saved me some time man!

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,607 posts
9,411 battles
39 minutes ago, LeastWeasel said:

I was going to ask about people’s experience with the ARP ships; just on the verge of grabbing the first & considering grinding all the way through...

They are all clones of tech tree ships. ARP Kongo, Hiei, Haruna, and Kirishima are the 4 Kongo-class battleships, and ARP Myoko is identical to the tech tree version. The only difference is all five are premiums and have unique camo and visual effects.

Edited by Nevermore135

[LSNB]
Members
1,579 posts
4,409 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

The Manga is still on-going, thus it differs from the Anime/Movie.

I have no idea what even goes on in the manga anymore

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,894 battles

There was a time when I sorta stuck with the ARP manga but with what you think is gonna be a short story ends up getting extended and then I have no clue what is happening. Personally I prefer the comedic appeal of Kantai Collection Fubuki Ganbarimasu because it is just amusing with a lot of in-history jokes that gives you some details of that ships history back when they were still around. A amusing example is Miyuki and Inazuma hitting each other off screen and being sent to the hospital when the main characters ask what happen to them. 

ARP = Four Kongo's, four Myoko's, one Takao, and some COs.

0007.jpg

[IRNBN]
Members
3,347 posts
9,651 battles

FYI, Mr. Conway and Chrysantos on the weekly NA Twitch stream said that ARP Yamato and Musashi could happen.

• Cool 1