You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RYANMK48

How to make WOWS more fun

3 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
128 posts
7,112 battles

Just wanted to share a recent experience that is probably old news to most of you. I was playing today and my team was losing (Full disclosure, I’m a mediocre player at best) and our Carrier was under attack along with our base. The carrier called for help because he had a couple of CAs, a BB and even the enemy carrier bearing down on him. Unfortunately, apart from me in my half health Murmansk our team either didn’t care or was too busy trying to capture the red base. So I said what the hell, I’m going to die anyway, I might as well try to help a team mate. Turned out the carrier player was damn good and we managed between us to sink the reds trying to capture our base, I even got one of the CAs and the CV myself. 

We even won the game (not just the two of us but the entire team). The carrier player and I then chatted and decided to division up. We lost the next two games before I had to leave for work but we both scored in the top 3 and sunk probably 6 or 7 reds between us. 

It even made losing a lot less hard and I look forward to teaming up again. 

So what’s my point you ask? Its that when a really good player is friendly and supportive to a somewhat less (ok a lot less) skilled player it makes it more fun for both and the less skilled player is likely to learn more. WOWS tends to be a little toxic like all online games, but if the better players reached out more and helped the less skilled players without using “constructive criticism” involving words like “moron”, “worst ever”, “stupid”. Or shooting at their own team members as happened to me when I tried to cap at B rather than spot for a Grober near A who had to get his confederate, the game would be much better for all of us. 

I know this is stating the obvious and others have undoubtedly said it better but stats and winning are not everything.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[TARK]
Members
640 posts

Thats a good attitude to have!

I should employ this type of behavior more, myself... except maybe the div-ing with people.  I don't really like feeling obligated to talk to anyone, and just blacklist people when they msg me after a game.  I wonder if there is a limit to blacklist size...

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
4 hours ago, RYANMK48 said:

Just wanted to share a recent experience that is probably old news to most of you. I was playing today and my team was losing (Full disclosure, I’m a mediocre player at best) and our Carrier was under attack along with our base. The carrier called for help because he had a couple of CAs, a BB and even the enemy carrier bearing down on him. Unfortunately, apart from me in my half health Murmansk our team either didn’t care or was too busy trying to capture the red base. So I said what the hell, I’m going to die anyway, I might as well try to help a team mate. Turned out the carrier player was damn good and we managed between us to sink the reds trying to capture our base, I even got one of the CAs and the CV myself. 

We even won the game (not just the two of us but the entire team). The carrier player and I then chatted and decided to division up. We lost the next two games before I had to leave for work but we both scored in the top 3 and sunk probably 6 or 7 reds between us. 

It even made losing a lot less hard and I look forward to teaming up again. 

So what’s my point you ask? Its that when a really good player is friendly and supportive to a somewhat less (ok a lot less) skilled player it makes it more fun for both and the less skilled player is likely to learn more. WOWS tends to be a little toxic like all online games, but if the better players reached out more and helped the less skilled players without using “constructive criticism” involving words like “moron”, “worst ever”, “stupid”. Or shooting at their own team members as happened to me when I tried to cap at B rather than spot for a Grober near A who had to get his confederate, the game would be much better for all of us. 

I know this is stating the obvious and others have undoubtedly said it better but stats and winning are not everything.

So many games have been lost because everyone is out CV hunting instead of playing.

Its funny to watch.

I love moving my cv and watching the DD go to were I was and then I also him.