Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Dasvadanya Smolensk -0.9.3

18 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,146 posts
24,036 battles

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/130654-wows-v093-changes-in-the-armory-no-more-smolensk/

Commanders,

starting from Update 0.9.3, the following ships will no longer be available in the Armory:

• Soviet cruiser Smolensk, Tier X;

• French battleship Jean Bart, Tier IX;

• Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy, Tier IX;

• American cruiser Flint, Tier VII;

• American destroyer Black, Tier IX.

Smolensk and Jean Bart have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level, these ships will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future.

Due to the different reasons Neustrashimy, Flint, and Black are not very demanded for steel now and thus they won't be available for Steel, but not earlier than in half a year they will return to the Armory, where they will be obtainable in exchange for Coal.

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer these ships into their Ports before Update 0.9.3 goes live in approximately two months. 

Additionally, we would like to give you heads-up on upcoming ships:

• French destroyer Marceau, Tier X. Will be available for Coal;

• Japanese battleship Yashima, Tier X. Will be available for Steel;

• Japanese destroyer Hayate, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP;

• European destroyer Smaland, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP.

The exact Updates and the amount of required resources will be announced later.

So folks have 2 months before the Smol goes bye bye.  And I'll have to look into reviews of the Marceau Hayate and Smaland.

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Boring 2

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Shocker.

Also, called it on Yashima:

On 1/17/2020 at 1:39 PM, _RC1138 said:

I'm wagering it's gona be a steel ship; much to the chagrin of many a' weeb, but it fits the pattern of steel ships being 'an existing hull/ship but-' like the Bourg being an Alsace 'but,' Flint being an Atlanta 'but', Black being a Fletcher 'but', even to a degree Neustrashimy is a Groz 'but'. The biggest surprise I had was Salem not being a Steel ship since she's likewise very much in that mold a DM 'but.'

Edited by _RC1138

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles

Mouse beat you to it by 24 hours, Bill. And in today's news cycle, that's an eternity.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles

Old news, but still nice to let others know so others can get their ducks in a row and pick up these beauties before they come the stuff of legends.

[TOG]
Members
4,146 posts
24,036 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Mouse beat you to it by 24 hours, Bill. And in today's news cycle, that's an eternity.

Eh, just saw it on Zoup's video and I didn't see any prior announcements when I goggled it. I looked at Flamu's Marceau review. I'm getting this one. The next Smol. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
21 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

The next Smol. 

Le BBQ rapidement.

[TOG]
Members
4,146 posts
24,036 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Le BBQ rapidement.

que le bitchfest commence

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,379 posts
15,783 battles

Get it while you can.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Get it while you can.

The Smolensk now, the Marceau later, or both?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,379 posts
15,783 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Smolensk now, the Marceau later, or both?

Well my answer is always both lol. For sure Smolensk now though. I think Smolensk will be going the way of the Belfast.

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles

I hope the ships don't start leaving before I can get them. It would be nice if the all steel ships that are going to razor blades (Santa Crates) all go to the mothball fleet (coal) first, for a stint. It seems that is what WG is planning, so good on them. I figured that Smolensk would be leaving soon after it's release, but it's not for the reason I thought it would be. Poor boat shelved because it's too popular, not because it's OP, which it wasn't.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,066 posts
15,886 battles

No surprise that the three new ships for coal and FXP are all destroyers, something few players want ever since WG nerfed them to kingdom come.

I'm glad I already have JB and Smolensk but I also have close to 400k coal and 2M FXP and nothing I want to buy. 

Members
217 posts
9,705 battles

Oh man Jean Bart is a ton of fun to play. Kind of sad it’s being vaulted. If you have the chance get JB ASAP! It’s one of my most played ships.

[TOG]
Members
4,146 posts
24,036 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I figured that Smolensk would be leaving soon after it's release, but it's not for the reason I thought it would be. Poor boat shelved because it's too popular.

More like a case of too deadly when played right.  Released in August and gone April. 

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles
14 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

More like a case of too deadly when played right.  Released in August and gone April. 

That's not same propaganda that WG is putting out. Do clans actually use Smolensk, I don't clan battle so I really don't know.

[TOG]
Members
4,146 posts
24,036 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

That's not same propaganda that WG is putting out. Do clans actually use Smolensk, I don't clan battle so I really don't know.

Our clan does. Designated Smol driver here. CC's opinion before the Smol came out was that it was too toxic. WG placed it on live server anyway. Early adopters (who were also decent players) were racking up OP games. Normal folks heard the news and decided to jump on the wagon. Folks suspected from early on the WG was going to pull the plug during the winter. Well, it's going to be before spring, so it's about right.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

Can't see the black print with the dark forum theme. Oh wells. 

Members
3,081 posts
6,604 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Well my answer is always both lol. For sure Smolensk now though. I think Smolensk will be going the way of the Belfast.

When Smolensk is sent to the same pastures as Belfast, WG still won't admit they sent Smolensk to the same pastures as Belfast, LOL.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this