You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Potter

Anyone else have this happen to them? Lol.

35 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
541 posts
12,622 battles

So, I noticed that getting British Tokens from the daily missions chains has ended. That means since I completed the directives already, and no more British Tokens from missions, I will no longer get any.  That brings me to the point of my thread.  My next Random Bundle for British Tokens in the British Navy section of the Armory was for the Hawkins, lol. 

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else, where the next Random Bundle for British Tokens was a ship.  Mind you, it was only a Tier 5 ship, but it was still a ship bundle.  Would have sucked though if it was the tier 8 Albemarle. Luckily though, I was able to get the Devonshire earlier in the bundles.

shot-20.02.06_07.46.59-0627.jpg

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
12 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

So, I noticed that getting British Tokens from the daily missions chains has ended. That means since I completed the directives already, and no more British Tokens from missions, I will no longer get any.  That brings me to the point of my thread.  My next Random Bundle for British Tokens in the British Navy section of the Armory was for the Hawkins, lol. 

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else, where the next Random Bundle for British Tokens was a ship.  Mind you, it was only a Tier 5 ship, but it was still a ship bundle.  Would have sucked though if it was the tier 8 Albemarle. Luckily though, I was able to get the Devonshire earlier in the bundles.

Wow that sucks, I was wondering if it would happen to anyone. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,202 battles

The last one I got was the Hawkins after all the missions were completed, and no other ships.  It wasn’t worth it.  At least you got a tier 6.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,239 battles

Sorry for your bad luck, @Colonel_Potter.  I'm losing two signal flags but managed to get Hawkins and Devonshire.  I suppose I should feel blessed.  :Smile_amazed:

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles

I got Surrey, Tier 7 ( as well as Hawkins and Devonshire). Along with the ARP event, that I finished a few days ago. I earned 8 ships plus their respective Captains and dock space for them.  All for free...not bad.

Edited by Sinton
  • Cool 1

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
336 posts
11,905 battles

I got my tokens from two complete missions every day as well as all 4 directives.  Only Hawkins.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
807 posts
9,678 battles

Feel good you received one but yea that’s rough. Received all but 20 tokens and received 0.0 ships. Missed those 20 due to clan battles, which is ridiculous to not count towards daily missions but that’s a different topic.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,228 battles

Dude. WG hates you.

I got an Abermarle with my second last crate. It was very nearly a total washout.

So the Ablemarle has no radar, no smoke, handles like a pig, and has much slower reloading guns than the Edinburgh. It is only good for medium range HE spam. Because we needed more of that in the game.

Sometimes I wonder about the design department at WOWS, I really do.

Take heart, from all reports, and my experience, you have not missed out on much.

[WW2]
Members
352 posts
6,848 battles

Haven't had the time to finish the last directive yet. However I have had no luck yet.  Haven't kept track but I'd say I've had 16 to 20 rolls with no luck. Will take the other free stuff though so not a loss.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,082 posts
14,317 battles
1 hour ago, Colonel_Potter said:

So, I noticed that getting British Tokens from the daily missions chains has ended.

What, already? I thought that wasn't due to happen until the directives were over.

That brings me to the point of my thread.  My next Random Bundle for British Tokens in the British Navy section of the Armory was for the Hawkins, lol. 

I was lucky enough to get the Hawkins and the Devonshire. I actually made a post very recently about DELIBERATELY stopping farming tokens while the next visible bundle was NOT a ship, because...

Would have sucked though if it was the tier 8 Albemarle.

...and I didn't want that taunting me for the whole of 0.9.1.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
541 posts
12,622 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What, already? I thought that wasn't due to happen until the directives were over.

Yeah, I thought it was until the 10th like the directives, but noticed they weren't in today's mission chains.  Checked, and the tokens for mission chains ended on the 5th.  It's a bit of a bummer.  At least I was able to get one of the early access ships this time, lol.  Usually never that lucky.

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,264 battles

that sucks

I got a Devonshire on the third random and never saw another ship again.

[HELLS]
Members
2,663 posts
27,176 battles

This whole release sucks big time....Only Hawkins in 24 tries? C'mon WG, you can do better than that...even the RM cruiser release gave me two ships, 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's a piece of junk, don't worry you didn't miss anything. Super high cit, slow, short range guns. HE is nice, Heal is nice, but that's about it. It either needs a major RoF boost, a second set of torps per side (a la Minotaur), a *dramatic* concealment buff, or, preferably, a range buff. As it stands it has to sit in *precisely* the optimum gun range for BB's who can and will hit your cit from most angles. And unlike the Mino, or even Neptune (whose hull is most similar) it has just enough plating/armour to ensure that shells can arm and do 33% pens reliably, whereas on the Mino you can force overpens by under-angling.

I rarely would suggest outright skipping a ship, but the Drake looks good enough to not want to waste effort slogging through the Albermarle, and the camo it would have come with is worthless as a result. Surrey is not much better but at least it can be used in Narai. If cherry ever comes back, then maybe the Albermarle will have a home as another grinder for Elite Captain XP/Free XP, but otherwise skip it. The Eddy is better, the Charles is WAY better, and the Baltimore is like everything about the Albermarle wrong, done right (and I don't even like the T8 Baltimore overall).

Edited by _RC1138

Members
97 posts
1,366 battles

I have exactly the same thing!

Already finished all directives and spend all my tokens...

image.thumb.png.104c3dc58835838ba2244947946ad550.png

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
258 posts
22,214 battles

620 tokens and nothing for me...  Not even the 32nd bundle..

Edited by o4x4
Forgot the extra 20 tokens

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
2 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I was lucky enough to get the Hawkins and the Devonshire. I actually made a post very recently about DELIBERATELY stopping farming tokens while the next visible bundle was NOT a ship, because...

No, it was the 5th and I said so in the 9.0 PSA thread. I'm sorry, I forgot. I've pretty much stopped caring as much about WoWs lately. Been playing other games and have pretty much stopped spending money.

[PHD]
Members
139 posts
10,967 battles

Same thing, but in my case it was a Devonshire.

I did get a Hawkins in my first (and only) doubloon bundle.  So naturally I got another Hawkins in a Token Bundle.

devonshire.jpg

[PHD]
Members
139 posts
10,967 battles

Maybe we can hope for another server outage and another 20 token compensation?

No, probably not...

[ARGSY]
Members
20,082 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Yeah, I thought it was until the 10th like the directives, but noticed they weren't in today's mission chains. 

Meh, doesn't matter. I'd already opened the bundles I was going to open, and with them gone now the pressure to get all the dailies is off. I can play randoms as much as I want for a bit, with nothing to care about if I lose all the battles and don't finish a single daily chain (though I will probably spam co-op at least to the first, to ensure I finish at least 20 in this month and get all the port slots & flags).

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,365 battles

The UK event have be a total failure.

With the recent problem with Puerto Rico, this make back to back fall flat on face event from WG.

The only thing save them was bringing back ARP ships ..............................................( it also make me start to watch show --- is not a bad anime, and i hate anime )

We will see what next event is, I think is that EU DD line, no ?

But they just giving bad ship out in very bad events. UK cruiser will be nothing more than port ship. Any who dare take it out to game must enjoy punishment.

50 Shades of stupidity

[WOLFG]
Members
541 posts
12,622 battles
4 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

You still can do dailies and get 10 tokens a day.

Nope. Daily mission tokens ended on the 5th.

Edited by Colonel_Potter

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,901 battles
4 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

RNGeezus giveth and taketh away...

:(

-Hapa

• Boring 1