Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

Smoli RU Super fire starter

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,092 posts

I have a choice right now I am 1500 coal away from the smoli if I use the coupon.

I was saving coal for the Thunderer 21000 coal away with coupon.

LWM says the Smoli is going away for a while this makes the decision to get the Smoli wise.

I do enjoy BB play but have been a Cruiser main for most of my WoWs experience.

I don't have difficulty in sinking a Smoli and don't really understand the Hate it generates.

Should I get this RU cruiser and deal with the Hate?

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
28 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I have a choice right now I am 1500 coal away from the smoli if I use the coupon.

I was saving coal for the Thunderer 21000 coal away with coupon.

LWM says the Smoli is going away for a while this makes the decision to get the Smoli wise.

I do enjoy BB play but have been a Cruiser main for most of my WoWs experience.

I don't have difficulty in sinking a Smoli and don't really understand the Hate it generates.

Nope. For the sake of game no. You shouldnt get that OP piece of crap.

Now seriously, i dont have thunderer but i heard from many people that she is really accurate. On the other hand i have smolensk and she is OP af. The definition of easy gameplay. I would definitely recommend you to get smolensk, but i dont. Imo she must be deleted from the game for good. 

[PVE]
Members
1,028 posts
8,528 battles

Smolensk is great for farming main battery hits for the various objectives that pop up. If you don't have a high ROF ship yet you may want to pick it up. If you already have some high ROF ships like Atlanta, Fiji - Minotaur, or Helena - Woostah, then you don't need Smolensk.

I only have a few games in my Thunderer but its a fun ship and easily worth the coal. I like it enough to have not picked up Conqueror when I unlocked it.

Members
1,624 posts
2 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

go for it...just remember that Lesta might nerf the deck armor...

Members
1,624 posts
5 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

If you already have some high ROF ships like Atlanta, Fiji - Minotaur, or Helena - Woostah, then you don't need Smolensk.

except that the Smolensk shells' initial velocity are better than the Wooster, and you can use torps...besides it's way more challenging to master than any other T10 CL (over exposed citadel and T7 cruiser HP)...so if you like CL, nothing compares to the Smolensk...

[FORM]
Members
1,618 posts
11,258 battles
3 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Though good players are always better in any given ship, in a Smol it seems to be that much more pronounced. A good Smol player is much much much harder to sink than a bad Smol player. And the hate is definitely generated by the good players, the bad ones are just easy kills. 

Personally the only nerf I think the Smol needs is to drop the effective range on it just a couple km. Make folks get in a bit closer and all will be well IMO.

Edited by TheArc

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,112 battles
2 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Nope. For the sake of game no. You shouldnt get that OP piece of crap.

Now seriously, i dont have thunderer but i heard from many people that she is really accurate. On the other hand i have smolensk and she is OP af. The definition of easy gameplay. I would definitely recommend you to get smolensk, but i dont. Imo she must be deleted from the game for good. 

I have both ships and I enjoy them both. I would get the Smolensk since it is going away. It can be a pain in the a** but not really OP. It cannot carry a game because of its lack or armor and low HP.

The Thunderer is a great ship until red ships start shooting at it. You don't want to get in close unless you know you can kill your target in 1-2 salvos.

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
1 hour ago, epojokke said:

I have both ships and I enjoy them both. I would get the Smolensk since it is going away. It can be a pain in the a** but not really OP. It cannot carry a game because of its lack or armor and low HP.

Then we have different experience when it comes to smolensk. Because in my experience, smolensk is perfectly and definitely capable of carrying a game. Her lack of armor makes her more trolly. In situation where you would actually devastate any other cruiser, you get overpens on smolensk.

And ofc. she is OP. Its not even funny how stupidly OP that ship is.

Edited by ghostbuster_

[SIM]
Members
4,918 posts
7,991 battles

Smolensk is going to become a unicorn, Thunderer is not. Get Smolensk now, and Thunderer later. Just be aware that Smolensk's effectiveness is blown laughably out of proportion by members of this community. Undeniably powerful, but like any CL she gets absolutely savaged for your each and every mistake. 

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
6,496 posts
2,496 battles
20 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Smolensk is going to become a unicorn, Thunderer is not. Get Smolensk now, and Thunderer later. Just be aware that Smolensk's effectiveness is blown laughably out of proportion by members of this community. Undeniably powerful, but like any CL she gets absolutely savaged for your each and every mistake. 

Its like most Russian ships...your opponent must actually KNOW the game to punish your misplays.

Most potato BBs dont understand that you should shoot HE at destroyers and Smolensk...they think just because some CC said you should (almost) always shoot AP...then AP only becomes religiously observed...

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
23 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Undeniably powerful, but like any CL she gets absolutely savaged for your each and every mistake. 

not really. for example: under 10 km, show full flat broadside to a yamato with smolensk. most likely yamato is going to get overpens. show broadside with another CL, lets say mino. straight up dead. devastating strike. 

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,112 battles
1 hour ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Then we have different experience when it comes to smolensk. Because in my experience, smolensk is perfectly and definitely capable of carrying a game. Her lack of armor makes her more trolly. In situation where you would actually devastate any other cruiser, you get overpens on smolensk.

And ofc. she is OP. Its not even funny how stupidly OP that ship is.

People do get a lot of overpens against her, but mostly BBs. I find that other cruisers can really ruin my day if I get too close to them. A DM can kill you with about 2 salvos if he is close enough.

I have never found myself able to carry a game late match if I don't have other ships to spot and tank for me. I agree that it is annoying to play against due to rate of fire and the fires you set, but the direct DPM isn't good enough to carry in most cases. You can dish out a lot of pain fairly fast if you get in close, but you will also suffer a lot, meaning that doing this will cost you your ship fairly fast. Also, firing from smoke isn't the best idea since your rate of fire is so fast that the reds will know where you are at all times and they can "easily" blind fire you.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
5 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Oh, you silly boy, YES............!

Any ship that causes that much angst is well worth any other metric any other ships has !!!!  Yesterday, I took her out for a spin to start and to finish the "start 30 fires" task and three COOP matches later, we were farming for 30 torpedo hits in the Benham (4 matches).....

So, let's stop doubting what you know...........buy the Smolensk and go misbehave !

• Cool 1

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
1 hour ago, epojokke said:

People do get a lot of overpens against her, but mostly BBs. I find that other cruisers can really ruin my day if I get too close to them. A DM can kill you with about 2 salvos if he is close enough.

I have never found myself able to carry a game late match if I don't have other ships to spot and tank for me. I agree that it is annoying to play against due to rate of fire and the fires you set, but the direct DPM isn't good enough to carry in most cases. You can dish out a lot of pain fairly fast if you get in close, but you will also suffer a lot, meaning that doing this will cost you your ship fairly fast. Also, firing from smoke isn't the best idea since your rate of fire is so fast that the reds will know where you are at all times and they can "easily" blind fire you.

Dpm ist good enough? If im not mistaken, she has the second best DPM in the game after colbert.

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,112 battles
22 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Dpm ist good enough? If im not mistaken, she has the second best DPM in the game after colbert.

I could be wrong here, but I think they calculate POTENTIAL max DPM when they say which ship is better. I tend to get a lot of misses and shatters when I fight at a range where I can avoid getting deleted in seconds. I'm not saying that she doesn't have that DPM, but I just feel like you need to get so close that you start trading health with the ships you are shooting at, which is one thing the Smolensk can't do.

[GOB]
Members
2,035 posts

The Smolly is a fun ship. Easily deleted if you aren't careful though.  I was lucky and got both!  They are both a blast to play.  If I didn't have either and was up against time pressure I would get the Smolly now.  Soon enough the complaints about the Thunderer will start like any other decent ship but at least it will still be around.

Col Out

[WOLFG]
Members
851 posts

People are gonna hate.  It will eventually die down for this ship after they find something else to hate on.  Just look at what fits your line up and what you think you will enjoy playing.  Ignore the haters.  

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,112 battles

I just played 2 games in the Smolensk. The first was a 100K dmg game which we lost because I couldn´t carry hard enough.

The second was a personal best with 270K dmg, 20 fires and nearly 1000 shell hits. I only really got this because the reds didn't really shoot at me so I was free to farm.

Sign in to follow this