Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

NuesTRASHimy for coal bugs me

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

554
[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,810 battles

Feels like I wasted...18,500 steel? All I had to do was wait 9 months. I could and would rather have Somers now. Having crazy survivability isn't "fun"... that's why no one buys it. They'll never buff it because of that survivability. They could at least tighten up the torp spread and gun dispersion a little bit though. If you think they would make the ship OP, you're looney. One thing I like about the free Wukong I got is that the torp spread is fairly tight. If you send a few sets of torps out, you're more likely to hit bow in camping BB's.

Every single time i've played Nuestrashimy, people joke about how rare it is. 

To get around that survivability issue preventing firepower buffing, they should have alternate hull unlocks on these premium ships. Charge like 5,000 doubloons or something. (For T9's maybe) Then you'd be able to trade survivability for firepower buffs much more easily, different hull, different ship properties... Azuma and Neustrashimy, Roma, Blyska, what are some other ships that could use an alternate hull? Sigma can be changed with a different hull. It's not like they're gunna do legendary mods for T8/T9 ships any time soon, and if they did, I doubt they'd make them for the premium ships too. 

 

I don't dislike the ship, but it should've never been for steel... Especially that much steel. That's why I feel jipped. Now people will be able to get it for Less coal then a Jean Bart!!

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,537
[HINON]
Members
13,266 posts

Watching kuro play it seems like he enjoys using her for some of the crazy plays that the print a new dd allows that no other dd could get away with.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,275
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,321 battles

They should just sell it for dubs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles

I picked up the Black and my first reaction was similar; I thought "can I get a refund?" 

Doesn't seem  a smart investment of steel now, but that's the way of MMOs. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,708
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
15 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Watching kuro play it seems like he enjoys using her for some of the crazy plays that the print a new dd allows that no other dd could get away with.

Here is Kuro in his first DD he would still win all his game .

Image result for pictures of a small beat up boat with one gun

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,537
[HINON]
Members
13,266 posts
Just now, clammboy said:

Here is Kuro in his first DD he would still win all his game .

Image result for pictures of a small beat up boat with one gun

Hmm if he's in that against flamu in a rowboat who wins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,708
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm if he's in that against flamu in a rowboat who wins?

I'm putting my money on Kuro he's very even keeled Flamu could throw a fit if Kuro took out one of his oars .

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

Well the ship is FAR from trash, all about the person playing it. Well worth the steel, and honestly depending on the user, coal ships might be "more expensive" than the steel price

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,364 posts

OP: You get to play it all this time while the rest of it have to wait 'at least six months'

That's why you got it for steel, and we'll have to wait.

Deal with it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

Waiting for Stalingrad to go coal, and it might, before I get the steel for it. Two more snowflake events and a coupon and she will be mine. So that's a little under 2 years to go now.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,794
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
3 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Feels like I wasted...18,500 steel? All I had to do was wait 9 months.

Stuff happens. Move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,535
[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

No one forced you to buy it. I felt it's steel cost was overpriced so I didn't get it. When I learn it's coal cost I will decide if I want to buy it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,871
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

I thought the Black and Flint were Rank achievement prizes? So those who bought it for Steel should feel no worse than those who spent time and effort to grind it in Ranked, to see the ships then sold for Steel. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,041
[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I thought the Black and Flint were Rank achievement prizes?

They were. Then they became obtainable for steel, and now... eventually... for coal.

Sucks to be the person who ground and paid steel for all three of Flint, Black and Neustra, I know; but those who don't have the lot and wondered how they were going to find the steel for any/the rest of them are in a very good place now. And anyone who DOES play enough ranked/CB to get that steel can now put it toward some of the bigger ships (Stalingrad, Bourgogne, Yashima) if that's what they want, without the Flint, Black and Neustrashimy representing a tempting distraction.

DISCLOSURE: I got the Black with the coupon on 26 December 2019. I don't yet have Flint and Neustrashimy, but the first is now definitely on my to-get list (I didn't think a modified Atlanta was worth the steel if I could have something different) and the second I will give serious thought to. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,279
[PVE]
Members
4,262 posts
18,630 battles
13 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Feels like I wasted...18,500 steel? All I had to do was wait 9 months. I could and would rather have Somers now. Having crazy survivability isn't "fun"... that's why no one buys it. They'll never buff it because of that survivability. They could at least tighten up the torp spread and gun dispersion a little bit though. If you think they would make the ship OP, you're looney. One thing I like about the free Wukong I got is that the torp spread is fairly tight. If you send a few sets of torps out, you're more likely to hit bow in camping BB's.

Every single time i've played Nuestrashimy, people joke about how rare it is. 

To get around that survivability issue preventing firepower buffing, they should have alternate hull unlocks on these premium ships. Charge like 5,000 doubloons or something. (For T9's maybe) Then you'd be able to trade survivability for firepower buffs much more easily, different hull, different ship properties... Azuma and Neustrashimy, Roma, Blyska, what are some other ships that could use an alternate hull? Sigma can be changed with a different hull. It's not like they're gunna do legendary mods for T8/T9 ships any time soon, and if they did, I doubt they'd make them for the premium ships too.

I don't dislike the ship, but it should've never been for steel... Especially that much steel. That's why I feel jipped. Now people will be able to get it for Less coal then a Jean Bart!

Silly boy, everyone knows that you should never gamble on this corporation's intent to make money !!!   Alas, it is a hard lesson to learn but..........gambling isn't a good thing to start......and, when their profit spreadsheet starts flashing "feed me, feed me" those analyst's then go to plan B.........  You see, profit is addicting as is gambling is a cause there of.....  Alas, fool me once comes to mind..........and, patience is a virtue......somtimes.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,041
[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

Yeah, if I knew super Yamato was coming out for steel I'd held off buying Stalin.

Super Yamato is just about WG draining your steel to let you have bragging rights about the 20-inch guns. "Mine is 2 inches bigger."

She bears the same relation to Yamato as Georgia does to Montana and Gneisenau does to Scharnhorst, except that those extra 2 inches don't cross any overmatch boundaries that the Yamato doesn't already manage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts
53 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Super Yamato is just about WG draining your steel to let you have bragging rights about the 20-inch guns. "Mine is 2 inches bigger."

She bears the same relation to Yamato as Georgia does to Montana and Gneisenau does to Scharnhorst, except that those extra 2 inches don't cross any overmatch boundaries that the Yamato doesn't already manage.

But I like all my guns on my bow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,871
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They were. Then they became obtainable for steel, and now... eventually... for coal.

Sucks to be the person who ground and paid steel for all three of Flint, Black and Neustra, I know; but those who don't have the lot and wondered how they were going to find the steel for any/the rest of them are in a very good place now. And anyone who DOES play enough ranked/CB to get that steel can now put it toward some of the bigger ships (Stalingrad, Bourgogne, Yashima) if that's what they want, without the Flint, Black and Neustrashimy representing a tempting distraction.

DISCLOSURE: I got the Black with the coupon on 26 December 2019. I don't yet have Flint and Neustrashimy, but the first is now definitely on my to-get list (I didn't think a modified Atlanta was worth the steel if I could have something different) and the second I will give serious thought to. 

Totally agree - It is one of those scenarios where you do the research, find the best price, make the purchase and then someone puts the damn thing on sale the day after. :Smile_facepalm:

I do feel for individuals who find themselves in that situation, but it happens (that's life) - I just think we all tend to run to the 'I'm a victim and deserve compensation' scenario too fast. It is just bad luck. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Mine is 2 inches bigger.

I have that tattooed on my left forearm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,041
[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
17 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It is just bad luck.

I bought the Yubari for money a few weeks before she became a coal ship and the Tachibana for money just before they gave us a mission to win the Tachi Lima in-game. I groaned my frustration but was pleased for all those people who hadn't yet paid and could pick them up without spending money.

Rolling my eyes just a little about the Black (because who wouldn't?), but would probably never have had enough steel for Somers, Stalingrad etc., and it means I won't have to grind the amount of coal she will be sold for (expecting north of 200K) and can use it on something else. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
491 posts
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Totally agree - It is one of those scenarios where you do the research, find the best price, make the purchase and then someone puts the damn thing on sale the day after. :Smile_facepalm:

 

Retailers with price protection for the win.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
917
[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,519 battles

i aint gonna lie. the only reason I clicked on this topic was because u said neus trash imy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×