Sign in to follow this  
Snargfargle

Haven't Played in a While (But I have an excuse)

5 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,640 posts

I've been building some much-needed storage for the shop. I found that the best place for them was under the outfeed bench for the table saw.

The units were built out of 7/16 inch OSB and odds and ends that I had around the shop. That's why the drawer fronts are white -- they are 1/2 inch melamine-coated plywood that was left over from a job twenty years ago. The drawer guides are odds and ends mismatched ones that were collected over the years from farm sale leftovers for almost no money. The pulls are just two by fours cut in half with a cove routed into them but they work great. Each unit probably cost about $40 to make -- cheaper than you could buy something similar at WalMart and, to do a little bragging, much better constructed too.

The most expensive part of those cabinets were the casters, which were about $3.50 each but I didn't have any 2 1/2 inch casters on hand and I wanted to be able to move everything out of the way in order to get my truck into the shop if I needed to (the back of the shop is already full, with a '50 Desoto, three lawn tractors, ten assorted implements, and a camper). If I need more storage space once these units are filled I may build two more drawer units to go on the other side, or perhaps some shelving units.

IMG_0829.thumb.JPG.9a6d70d54ade88a3a5fa00aedb0266eb.JPG

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 5

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles

:cap_like:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,139 posts
18,987 battles

Neat-o

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

Nice, I have been playing less and doing more crafty stuff too.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles

Nice job wish I was handy with my hands . All I can do is cook been cooking since I was 13 in the restaurant business for 50 years now but I always wanted to build things . 

Sign in to follow this