You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Why do many good players now hide their stats.

96 comments in this topic

Members
1,425 posts
7,116 battles

Answer.. 1- Cuz people look at Match Maker Monitor and think you suck do to hidden stats and then you delete them.

2- Keeps you from being focused. 

• Cool 4
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 2

Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles

How do you know they are good players? I use MMM and treat them as though they are 0% players. So that means, I'm not likely to support them on my team. No smoke, no radar, etc. 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,674 posts
7,469 battles
Just now, Kebobstuzov said:

The majority of players with hidden stats are bad. I can name maybe one good player outside of SEA rerolls that hides their stats

Doing that is big with SEA rerolls?

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,406 battles

Your definition of "good" is probably more of "above average"

Top clans prohibit clan members from hiding stats.

And besides

Both Montana and Conqueror shot a invisible DD instead of the Yamato right in front of their face, leading to their defeat

Please, do focus me, offer me your lives as it saves my work for having to go after people myself.

• Funny 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,349 posts
20,035 battles

I personally don't know any good players that hide their stats just bad ones

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,270 battles

so it would be a tremendous tactical advantage to have lousy stats, and NOT hide them, right!!

I knew there was a reason I don't hide them, yeah, that's the ticket.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,187 battles
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

How do you know they are good players? I use MMM and treat them as though they are 0% players. So that means, I'm not likely to support them on my team. No smoke, no radar, etc. 

So you purposely contribute to your teams demise because you’re a selfish [edited].  Good job! 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts

You get crap for hiding your stats or showing them. I personally found the game more enjoyable with them hidden.

• Cool 5

[WOLF3]
Members
27,034 posts
23,838 battles

Good players show off their stats.  They rather not hide them.  It's a point of pride.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[THREE]
Members
2,396 posts
13,171 battles

Hey

I see NO reason to hide stats even if they aren't all that good especially win-rates since so many times you can only do so much for the team your on.  I have a sub 50% win-rate and I don't care because a good many losses, I was in the top 3 of a losing team and unless your really good or lucky, you can't carry a bunch of idiots.  And let's be honest; team play today is a lost art of a bygone era in WOWS.  I have no issues with the rest of my stats and don't make a big deal out of it, so why hide anything.   If clans are so bent on win-rates, then maybe it's more about ego's than anything else.

Pete

[THREE]
Members
2,396 posts
13,171 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Good players show off their stats.  They rather not hide them.  It's a point of pride.

Hey

Or a selfish Ego.

Pete 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,722 posts

Why are my stats hidden?

Because it triggers the stat trolls. 

It's always good for a laugh when one of them reveals their true nature by demanding to know why your stats are hidden in the middle of a contentious thread, making it immediately obvious that they tried to check your stats. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
19 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Answer.. 1- Cuz people look at Match Maker Monitor and think you suck do to hidden stats and then you delete them.

Didn't they teach you in the Core that assumptions will get you sunk?

[TMS]
Members
3,349 posts
33,193 battles
23 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Most do not and with all my battles i have never had a hidden stats player that has been good.

Edited by Final8ty

[WOLF3]
Members
27,034 posts
23,838 battles
2 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Or a selfish Ego.

Pete 

You can call it whatever the hell you want.  The point is they don't hide their stats.

Hell, it's probably funny thinking about someone trying to verify something about them thinking they're a potato, looks them up, and sees good stats in their face instead :Smile_veryhappy:

Meanwhile I've known many potatoes end up hiding their stats.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,349 posts
20,035 battles
7 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

So you purposely contribute to your teams demise because you’re a selfish [edited].  Good job! 

No hes just using sound strategy

So let's give you at least 1 in 10 is a good player hiding their stats

It's still a sound strategy because a good player can do without his help

I can guarantee you the team that has ducky on its side is going to win more than lose

that would be a good player on your team right?

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,722 posts

If I were the purple-est of purple players (that's the elite color still, right?), I'd probably still leave them hidden, just because the amusement I get out of triggering the trolls is more satisfying than some meaningless epeen. 

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[TMS]
Members
3,349 posts
33,193 battles
14 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

If that was the case he would not be purple > logic fail.

Going into battle with stevie wonder would be stupid not selfish.

Edited by Final8ty

[THREE]
Members
2,396 posts
13,171 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You can call it whatever the hell you want.  The point is they don't hide their stats.

Hell, it's probably funny thinking about someone trying to verify something about them thinking they're a potato, looks them up, and sees good stats in their face instead :Smile_veryhappy:

Meanwhile I've known many potatoes end up hiding their stats.

Hey

Agreed; all the more reason Not to hide stats, and don't worry about the stats you do have.  

Pete

Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles
14 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I save consumables for players that I know I can trust to make the most of them. Nearly every player with hidden stats are bad, so odds are that my team will do better with me not using them to try and help hidden stat players. It's all a numbers game. 

So you are saying I shouldn't be doing my utmost to help my team win? My mommy always told me to try my best. 

0 posts
1 hour ago, Kebobstuzov said:

The majority of players with hidden stats are bad. I can name maybe one good player outside of SEA rerolls that hides their stats

Yep, I know exactly only one too ;), though I'm not sure if he's reroll (don't know him personally/through discord)

1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

How do you know they are good players? I use MMM and treat them as though they are 0% players. 

Yep again. All the trap about baiting trolls and other whatever reasons to hide stats (like you can easily buff your stats...) is just excuse for having red colors. And yes - nobody cares. Want to hide - hide, don't want to hide - don't hide.

black is red.

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
18 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Another way to look at it, you can't save stupid. Some players simply aren't worth supporting and you can help the team more in other ways than trying to minimize their failing

[THREE]
Members
2,396 posts
13,171 battles
17 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Hey

Exactly; So much being a team player.  As if our game doesn't have enough selfish losers; clearly he misses the point of being a member of the team and working on winning objectives by helping your team win.

Pete

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
25 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

16 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

1 minute ago, sasquatch_research said:

Exactly; So much being a team player.  As if our game doesn't have enough selfish losers; clearly he misses the point of being a member of the team and working on winning objectives by helping your team win.

It's just good tactics.  If you commit to supporting a bad player, odds are he's still going to get killed and probably put you in a very bad situation while he's at it.  Identifying the bad players on your team so you can minimize your expectations for them and plan accordingly is one of the better uses of MMM.  

Let's say I go out in a Minotaur.  My goal is to pick a good spot, smoke up, and inflect maximum damage.  Of course I'll blind myself with my own smoke, so I'm going to need spotting.  That means I'm going to need a destroyer in front of me that knows how to keep stuff spotted and keep himself alive.  If I pick a bad player to follow, and just as I hit the smoke, he over-commits and gets killed, or hides in his own smoke so he can spend one minute doing a total of 10k damage to a BB,  or goes off on his own to fling max range torps, he's neutralized both himself and me at the same time.  On the other hand, if I follow a good player, he will spot for me and not get killed, I will threaten things that might push him, and together we're going to do good things.  I'm not doing this because I'm selfish, I'm doing this because I want to give my team the best chance to win and that's the way to do it.

• Cool 3